• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Announces PS5/Series S|X Enhancements for Resident Evil 7, 2 and 3 Remakes - Free Upgrade

SkylineRKR

Awesome.

RE2 was already great, but enhanced yes please. RE3 was a stunner as well.

RE VII benefits the most probably. And I will probably replay it.

JCK75

At least on PC the performance on these games was insanely good, bet this shit runs amazing.

Tarnpanzer

Idk about the disc version but playing the digital version of resident evil 3 on series x plays the base xbox version and not the one x enhanced

You sure you don´t mistake this with Diablo 3?

Resolution is lower when played patched on SX, but it is definitely not the One version when playing on Series X.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
So if the PC version is being upgraded does that mean the upgrades are more then a Res and Framerate update?

Ozriel

M$FT
There were people actually defending some companies charging extra cash for improving framerate and dual sense support. Meanwhile, Capcom is boosting resolution, adding Raytracing, 3D audio, dual sense support etc…for free.

jaysius

Banned
No replacement apology for the RE:VERSE undelivered content? Come on Capcom, you've gotta do something at this point.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
You sure you don´t mistake this with Diablo 3?

Resolution is lower when played patched on SX, but it is definitely not the One version when playing on Series X.
Yes I’m sure you can see many discussions about this on the resident evil Reddit page

skneogaf

I absolutely love resident evil 2 remake and really enjoyed 3 and 7 so I'm very happy for this news.

Hopefully the reflections in 2 remake will be much better.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Fuck yeah. But my internal ssd is crying.
Make your wallet cry even harder.

saHxJJv.png

i finishd Re2 three times , i finished Re 3 once on ps4 , i might buy them on pc if the graphics are really different from the ps5 version .
i never finished Re 7 maybe time to get them all again but on Pc

splattered

Awesome! Time to buy back into the RE franchise i guess. I own most of them on PS4 but no PS5 at the moment, so i'll have to buy them all on Series X for the enhancements. Oh well. I am still miffed that i missed out on that once in a lifetime sales glitches where you could get like ALL resident evil games for Xbox one for like what, $50? $20? Something crazy. I dont think Microsoft ever retracted that error surprisingly. I bet everyone that bought into that is super happy right now haha

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
What about the hero lighting enhancements?

SlimySnake SlimySnake
TBH, after GG themselves pretty much removed it from their game, I dont see other devs jumping on this feature.

They will probably update the games to support the ray traced GI they added in RE8. And maybe higher 120 fps framerates. I played RE3 on PC at around 150 fps on a RTX 2080 which is roughly equivalent to the PS5 and XSX in standard rasterization. The RE games already target 60 fps on mid gen consoles so they should run at 120 fps pretty easily on next gen consoles. Im guessing 1440p 120 fps unless they run into bandwidth limitations.

Last edited:
This is great news! I've been wanting to replay RE7 with textures that actually stream on time properly.

Also, the screen space reflections in RE2 and RE3 were really noisy and distracting on consoles previously. Hopefully they've fixed that for the remasters.

Excited either way.

TBH, after GG themselves pretty much removed it from their game, I dont see other devs jumping on this feature.
Huh? They didn't even come close to removing it. It's still very much present during gameplay. Honestly, I wish they would add a toggle to turn it off completely as it's kinda weird looking because there shouldn't be any light source behind her at all times unless the environment calls for it.

Saying 'real Jill' is like asking Nolan's Joker from Dark Knight who he really is. Could be Resident Evil 1 PS1 actress Jill, could be Marvel Vs Capcom 2 Jill, could be Project X Zone Jill, could be REmake Jill, could be Revelations Jill, could be Umbrella Chronicles Jill, could be RE 3 remake Jill, could be the CG movies Jill, could be the live action movie Jill, could be the other live action movie Jill.

All different faces. At this point if they change her face again it wouldn't mean anything anymore.
That's true. I just don't like the new model and am thankful it's possible to use the face from REmake and RE5 for R3make on PC.

lachesis

I actually just finished RE3 Remake yesterday - did back-to-back play for the 2nd time.
Also played RE7 and RE2 earlier this year too.

It will be a good reason for me to go back & replay them!

I honestly didn't have much issues with the graphics though. (Other than some lighting issues that makes players faces looking weird.. and some frame rate issue on RE3 Remake on PS5 during certain situations)

Top Bottom