• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium list leaked (Microsoft store)

PJX

Cool story bro. Sales of the collection, which, in Capcom's own official words, surpassed their expectations, disagrees with you.
Cool story for you to bro. But what were Capcom's expectations on those collections? Were numbers ever released? For all we know they could've expected those games to sell like about 20k but they could have sold like 20.5k

But go ahead, use console versions, and I'll tell you how the majority of games will react when they see constant "Now Loading" screens 😂

Are you saying that if the console versions of those games were ported to modern consoles that they would be ported as is? There would be no effort to get rid of loading times? Come on now, don't act dumb.

Cool story for you to bro. But what were Capcom's expectations on those collections? Were numbers ever released? For all we know they could've expected those games to sell like about 20k but they could have sold like 20.5k

Are you saying that if the console versions of those games were ported to modern consoles that they would be ported as is? There would be no effort to get rid of loading times? Come on now, don't act dumb.
Were they removed when they were first put on PS3?

C'mon now, don't act dumb 😉

Arcade versions are also the best looking (all animations present, etc) and best sounding ones. There's ONE exception I can think of -- the Saturn version of Alpha 1 has a fantastic arranged soundtrack.

PJX

Were they removed when they were first put on PS3?

C'mon now, don't act dumb 😉

Arcade versions are also the best looking (all animations present, etc) and best sounding ones. There's ONE exception I can think of -- the Saturn version of Alpha 1 has a fantastic arranged soundtrack.
WTF are you talking about? SF Alpha series was never released for the PS3 natively, it was released as a PSOne classics for the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary . Are you dumb?

Last edited:
WTF are you talking about SF Alpha series was never released for the PS3, except as a PSOne classics for the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary . Are you dumb?
(1) calm down bro, did the arcade versions of these games kick your puppy or something? Why are you getting so worked up? Go ahead and cut down on the rudeness and focus on the convo.

(2) Reading comprehension fail, much? The console versions, which are what you're asking for, were released on PS3 as PSOne Classics, yes.

EDIT: also we're slightly talking past each other. Yes, more content would be good. Which is why I brought up the Alpha collection on PS2.

Last edited:

PJX

(1) calm down bro, did the arcade versions of these games kick your puppy or something? Why are you getting so worked up? Go ahead and cut down on the rudeness and focus on the convo.

I'm glad to know you can see through your monitor screen and can see how I'm feeling. Yeah I'm absolutely raging over someone on a forum.

(2) Reading comprehension fail, much? The console versions, which are what you're asking for, were released on PS3 as PSOne Classics, yes.

LOL do you even know what we are talking about now? You seem all over the place. What exactly is the point of (2)? Follow the conversation, bud.

Last edited:
I'm glad to know you can see through your monitor screen and can see how I'm feeling. Yeah I'm absolutely raging over someone on a forum.

LOL do you even know what we are talking about now? You seem all over the place. What exactly is the point of (2)? Follow the conversation, bud.
See my edit.

If you want to engage in a good manner, then let's. Otherwise I won't waste my time with you, you seem too worked up about this to the point of not even being able to correctly process what I'm writing.

If we end up not interacting further in this thread... Cheers, mate. No hard feelings on my side, hope we run into each other again in a more agreeable topic 👍🏾

Last edited:

PJX

See my edit.

If you want to engage in a good manner, then let's. Otherwise I won't waste my time with you, you seem too worked up about this to the point of not even being able to correctly process what I'm writing.

Cheers, mate. No hard feelings on my side, hope we run into each other again in a more agreeable topic 👍🏾
Cool story, bro. I'm really hurting that you won't engage with me in a conversation. I'm going off to cry in the naughty corner now.

Cool story, bro. I'm really hurting that you won't engage with me in a conversation. I'm going off to cry in the naughty corner now.
I tried to end it on a positive note. But you couldn't help being an immature clown, could you? Well, off to my ignore list you go... And just like that, nothing of value was lost to me.

Now back to the topic at hand...

Pejo

Wonder if this all launches with the 1st Stadium, or if you have to launch it from a separate "game". I'd vastly prefer the first where it just adds to the same launcher.

Wonder if this all launches with the 1st Stadium, or if you have to launch it from a separate "game". I'd vastly prefer the first where it just adds to the same launcher.
Huh, good point. From what I remember they did say they would "add more games" in the context of the 1st Stadium collection.

But I can't remember if that was to add the second and third packs, or games beyond the 3 packs of the 1st Stadium.

EDIT: Pejo Pejo yeah I found something here:

The article does say that Capcom's statement was a bit vague, but their "more games coming" was certainly made in the context of the 1st Stadium, which hopefully means that these new games will be launchable from there. Here's hoping...

Last edited:

PJX

I tried to end it on a positive note. But you couldn't help being an immature clown, could you? Well, off to my ignore list you go... And just like that, nothing of value was lost to me.

Now back to the topic at hand...
Coming with the insult, clown? I thought you were done, armchair developer?

Pejo

EDIT: Pejo Pejo yeah I found something here:

The article does say that Capcom's statement was a bit vague, but their "more games coming" was certainly made in the context of the 1st Stadium, which hopefully means that these new games will be launchable from there. Here's hoping...
Great news if so. I think it makes sense for them to release it as a standalone too, for people that want the games but didn't buy/don't want Stadium 1. But for me the whole point was launching a bunch of games from a single shared experience/UI, so I'm glad you can do it that way.

anthony2690

Banned
I'm not sure that's really an opinion at this point. Who else came close?
In the UK atleast, Capcom was nowhere to be seen, it was Tekken, Manx TT, Daytona, Sega Rally, House of the Dead, Top Skater, Jurassic park light gun game, star wars arcade game, some rafting arcade game, terminator/alien arcade games, metal slug (these snk cabs were in almost every chip shop too, with a handful of games)

Last edited:
Not sure where to put this, but, PSA:

The original Street Fighter II: The World Warrior is currently free on Capcom Arcade Cabinet. Should apply to all major platforms; I've confirmed that it is the case on both Steam and the Switch eShop.

theclaw135

Banned
People raging a collection of arcade games, contains arcade games. Only in the SF community.

But that begs the question why Capcom won't make a collection featuring SF's myriad console ports, additional modes/characters, warts and all.

Still no console release for this classic 😭

Who do I need to suck off at Capcom to make this happen?
Seriously.

Isn't a Predator prequel movie coming out this year? Perfect time for Capcom to capitalize on that, rework the IP contract and release this gem to the wider public.

Lot of complaining even with all the never before rereleases (i. e. Black Tiger).

I do agree on wanting console ports too. SF3 3rd Strike for DC had the best soundtrack.

GrayFoxPL

Gan Sumoku

Brad Pitt Laughing GIF

nush

Gold Member
Lot of complaining even with all the never before rereleases (i. e. Black Tiger).

It's a repackaged Capcom Classic Collection + Saturday Night Slam Masters.

Many of those same games were on PS3 and X360

Arcade Stadium 1 actually had titles that have never been in collections before.

Top Bottom