• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Are Fixing The Infamous Rain In Resident Evil 4 With A Day 1 Patch

GreatnessRD

From a business standpoint, what other method would you use to solve this issue without losing tons of money?
As a business, I'd keep doing it. No need to change my approach if gamers are going to continue to allow my Devs to sell games in an alpha state on launch and I can say "Hey, DAY ZeRo PaTCh incoming" or "no worries we'll have a big season summer update, no worries guys". From a business standpoint it would be absolutely silly to change.

But as a consumer, we shouldn't enable these practices and not buy and pre-order such garbage. But I'm sure you know that'll never happen, lol.

As a business, I'd keep doing it. No need to change my approach if gamers are going to continue to allow my Devs to sell games in an alpha state on launch and I can say "Hey, DAY ZeRo PaTCh incoming" or "no worries we'll have a big season summer update, no worries guys". From a business standpoint it would be absolutely silly to change.

But as a consumer, we shouldn't enable these practices and not buy and pre-order such garbage. But I'm sure you know that'll never happen, lol.
In a general sense I get what you mean, but specifically to this, does it apply though? The game was complete. This seems more like a difference in opinion regarding an art direction choice and they buckled to please day 1 fans.

GreatnessRD

In a general sense I get what you mean, but specifically to this, does it apply though? The game was complete. This seems more like a difference in opinion regarding an art direction choice and they buckled to please day 1 fans.
Don't know if it applies specifically to this case, but I was overall responding to the person I quoted who also saw the sad state of affairs of gaming and patches in general. Or at least that's how I read it.

Best Rain is or was in the GTA San Andreas Remaster.

d8sXesG.jpg

🤣😂

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Yeah, they waited too long and a generic shooter is what we got.
You guys are really boring - and I'm saying this as someone who's favourite series is RE since 97.

The original Remake was, despite it's greatness, far behind expectations in terms of sales. Mikami himself said it. The original plan was to fully Remake 1-3 for Gamecube but that plan was then scrapped later on - and as it turned it was a smart move from Capcom.

Look, I'd love to have full blown Remakes like 1 for both 2-3. But they were just not to be, period. The gameplay was already outdated back when Remake and Zero were released, which is reflected by their sales. Would they have sold significantly better if they'd released them on PS2 as well? We'll never know. We should be happy that we got the original Remake as it is.

For Remake 2 they did the best they could possibly do to make it more appealing to a broader audience while keeping some of it's original flair.

OCASM

Banned
You guys are really boring - and I'm saying this as someone who's favourite series is RE since 97.

The original Remake was, despite it's greatness, far behind expectations in terms of sales. Mikami himself said it. The original plan was to fully Remake 1-3 for Gamecube but that plan was then scrapped later on - and as it turned it was a smart move from Capcom.

Look, I'd love to have full blown Remakes like 1 for both 2-3. But they were just not to be, period. The gameplay was already outdated back when Remake and Zero were released, which is reflected by their sales. Would they have sold significantly better if they'd released them on PS2 as well? We'll never know. We should be happy that we got the original Remake as it is.

For Remake 2 they did the best they could possibly do to make it more appealing to a broader audience while keeping some of it's original flair.
The RE1 remake failed in sales for being a Gamecube exclusive. The modern RE remakes are nothing but soulless cashgrabs.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
The RE1 remake failed in sales for being a Gamecube exclusive. The modern RE remakes are nothing but soulless cashgrabs.
Pure speculation. We’ll never know. I think that a drastic change would have come regardless of the limited release.

zokie

rain effects is defintely not a problem for me

ballistics gone yes that is a problem for me

Last edited:
Maybe the game has gone gold already and discs have already been pressed with the OG rain effect in. Usually the simplest explanation is the correct one.
Funny thing is that one of the arguments for physical games is preservation. Day one patch kinda blows that out of the water.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Fucking hell man where is this.

Once in my life I want to be able to get a big game I'm anticipating which has broken its street date :(
That has to be from a box or off a truck. Those containers don’t look like they’re in the actual store. It was probably some store employee who wanted to show that it’s at the store like lots of games are. Usually they have the game at retail weeks before their release. I remember seeing the boxes of Halo 3 in the back of GameStop well before the game launched. It only takes one rebel to leak it.

The register is suppose to stop the person from selling it, but we all know it always gets broken. I think stuff has happened for eons now. I remember when the guys at GameStop took home copies of Ninja Gaiden II on Xbox 360. What we don’t hear about is who gets caught doing it. There’s also a thread about this. There’s no real answer. It’s not suppose to happen, but it does. People claim to speak out against it, but it’s still something that happened every time a big game comes out.

CGNoire

They still cut way too much.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
They still cut way too much.
For RE2? They just cut the propper B-scenario, that's it. RE3 is another story... but here they added and expanded on another end. Also RE3 was very short in the original as well and overall the Remake wasn't really shorter.

I think "infamous" is a bit of an overstatement for weather effects, but okay. LOL

Glad they are tweaking it based on feedback. Seems fairly standard these days.

DavidGzz

Looks good! I think the colors look better too, like at the beginning her face had a more realistic color and blush.

Top Bottom