• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Confirms More Resident Evil Remakes Are Coming

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I also heard many years ago that the original idea for 1 was first person so it makes me think that's also likely. I don't know if it's what I want, though.
It is true Resident Evil was originally meant to be First Person and despite FP games being easier to do back then 3rd Person the games, it didn't work the way Mikami wanted and lack the atmosphere he was going for, so they look at Alone in the Dark for inspiration and everything fall into place.
A lot of people assume they changed it due to limitations but it actually easier to do then what they finish ended up being, but it completely lost what Mikami was trying to achieve.

Astral Dog

Why not just a new RE in the style of RE2 remake. RE5 is probably the least amount of work for remake so can see that being next. My preference would be for CV to be remade. Possibly RE0. Remake is already perfect but wouldn’t be opposed to them updating it. But that doesn’t need much changing. It’s already perfect imo.

What I wish they would do more than anything is to go back to the original version of RE4 they were making that got cancelled. Release it as a new RE.
Fun fact: that got updated and 'released' as DMC

Arachnid

I hope they remake RE6 one day and massively improve it. It'd be a huge project though considering it has 4 campaigns.
IMO RE6 really had no saving graces. Better to just scrap it and make a new 6. Completely redo the awful story, scrap Jake or completely revamp him, and preferably just center on a few core characters with 2 campaigns. I wasn't a fan of Jake or Helena, so just make a Leon/Sherry campaign. Give a Chris/Jill or Chris/Sheva campaign (Piers was a fine character, but Chris already has two GOAT tier partners; I'm tired of his partners being constantly replaced). You can still make the general story about Chris trying to intercept/kill Ada (IMO he's in there right here; she's a straight up terrorist and the fanbase only likes her because she's hot) and Leon trying to save her/uncover whatever the plot is so their campaigns clash here and there, but redo everything else. That way, they can do a Seperate Ways style campaign for Ada as DLC so she still has her campaign. All we'd really lose is Jake.

I wouldn't even mind scraping co-op in 5/6 in favor of bringing it more in line with the RE2/4 remakes.

Top Bottom