• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CAPCOM CUP 2016 | Fighting Game Tournament | Dec 2-3 | WHENS MAHVEL?

jett

D-Member
LMAO @ the animations. Looked like Injustice/MK tier animation quality.

And no god damn assists.

Man that was worst case scenario for me... :(

It really looked way too close to some Netherrealm-tier joint. I guess Iron Galaxy may actually be making it.

ElFly

looks ok (at least captain marvel's hair isn't some playdoh shit) but dislike the colored aura around Ryu

I assume due to the gem? wish they found a diff way to portrait that

That gameplay looked awesome and I never played SFxT but ill be down for this game.

Graphics dont matter at this stage imo. It still early and things will change.

Gross exaggeration, kof is in its own league as far as terrible graphics go.

KoF14 on release has graphics you could call.. bad. but remember how catastrophic the graphics in the preview trailers were? I don't know how much better MvC4 will look in the end, but, these things can change a lot.

XenoRaven

I can't even take these SFxT comparisons.

Great tournament. Highlight matches for me were Daigo vs Sako and Ricki vs Kazunoko.

I'll just have to keep praying for a Chun win.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
FIRST EVER VIETNAMESE WINNING AN ESPORT TITLE EVER?!?!? FUCK YES

edit: my bad, he won redbull a month or two ago!

Mik317

Reminds me of TvC...which is great because I was less ass at that in comparison to being supreme ass like I was at MvC3

smurfx

get some go again
some of you are freaking crazy this game looked good. just like i thought the gems are this games xfactor. which is good since various characters have different needs and we won't end up in a situation where only a handful of characters can take full advantage of a power up like xfactor.

rewatching and.. yeah.. I don't think the animation looks bad. The one thing that looks undeniably crap is Ryu. Whatever. That is a far cry from what the final Ryu will look like.

lol thats not where i was going bro. The graphics and animation went through alot of changes. We had people saying it looked like sf4.

There are still people who say it looks the same as SF4. It didn't really then, and it doesn't now. Not saying it didn't improve a ton, because it did, but it was never as bad as people seemed to think.

Producer

There are still people who say it looks the same as SF4. It didn't really then, and it doesn't know. Not saying it didn't improve a ton, because it did, but it was never as bad as people seemed to think.

yeah it honestly didnt look like sf4, it looked good off the bat. But alot of people not too familiar with the games said it did, by the time e3 rolled around there was no question it looked far better.

XenoRaven

Marvel isn't a traditional fighter.

In this game you can have at least 4 characters on the screen at one time, throwing fireballs, shooting giant laser beams, and flying around all crazy. While all of that is going on, the background has shit flying everywhere and then it changes into a bunch of zippy zappies when someone supers or activates a gem. This all has to be rendered at a consistent 60 FPS or people will flip their shit and the game won't be taken seriously.

On top of that, since you build teams, they have to make more characters than normal and the turnaround on completing them is much lower.

They showed us the minimum amount of characters they possibly could while still demoing gameplay. The game might not even be in alpha right now. Give them some time.

Imm0rt4l

Please tell me what competitive games are pushing the graphical limits. Some of you have no sense.
Especially coming from capcom.

Folks really should temper their expectations accordingly. I mean I want more, but what we got is really about what I expected.

People forget Marn & TvC at Evo 2010

Shhhhhh

4ab73dc994f8c1c404e7a3fc53adef5d.jpg

Top Bottom