• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CAPCOM CUP 2016 | Fighting Game Tournament | Dec 2-3 | WHENS MAHVEL?

jett

D-Member
lol thats not where i was going bro. The graphics and animation went through alot of changes. We had people saying it looked like sf4.

Well that's true, the visuals changed, although mostly aesthetically.

People saying it looked like SF4 were dumb as fuck though.

bcZO59L.png

OBQAygE.png

mwMCkoI.png

Ryu model looked terrible. Other ones were fine. Other than that it looked p good

Tbf, Ryu's model looks like his MvC3 model but with the comic book/shadow filter missing. The graphics and animation in this definitely feel like they're ripped from MvC3 in general, just with that stylised looked missing. Not to say that's a bad thing, but that's definitely what it looks like at the moment.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
It was a so-so tournament IMHO. Possibly marred by poor audio/production issues. Congrats to KnuckleDu nonetheless.

Tripon

ESPN starting right now with its coverage. Top 4 only. F word and Logan damage are the commentators.

Ultradavid and James Chen are doing pre game analysis.

Only top 4? FeelsBadMan. If I didn't watch live and was just catching this, I'd be let down. But I guess it's an hour and a half time slot, vs. EVO which had three hours I think (?), so it makes sense.

Tripon

BTW, place was packed. Helped that Capcom didn't cordon off a bunch of seats in front for a premium price like last year.

BTW, place was packed. Helped that Capcom didn't cordon off a bunch of seats in front for a premium price like last year.

Too bad you couldn't really hear the crowd for the most part. That was one of the reasons I didn't enjoy the top 8 as much compared to last year.

Tripon

Too bad you couldn't really hear the crowd for the most part. That was one of the reasons I didn't enjoy the top 8 as much compared to last year.

The stage was set at one end of the show in a long rectangular spaced. 90% of the crowd probably couldn't see the stage proper. No idea why they set it up like that, but it was Sony who set it up, not Capcom.

It was the same stage that Sony had for the conference earlier in the day.

I haven't been happy with the events this year tbh. The Tekken NA finals, Capcom Cup, EVO, etc... all had crowds muted. Everyone at the event has mentioned that the crowd was hype, but you literally can't feel it through the stream.

Top Bottom