• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Cup 2019 | Hot Diggedy Dog

Kenji Ramon

There’s a lot of incessant whiny and moaning from the Twitter echo chamber as usual. Of course things were a bit messy in the last few days but these entitled morons keep on forgetting it’s not the player or the games fault but the production staff. They also forget that this is FREE entertainment that they don’t pay for - which means issues can arise due to lack of budget etc. Would love if eSports was monotized one day like regular sports - the Twitter reactions would be hilarious.

The production of this event has been terrible. The stream was acting up all day for me. Players having to wait so long between matches is also just not cool. I think Punk had to wait over 6 hours between matches. It's completely amateur work for what should be the 2nd biggest fgc event of the year. TWT ran so much better.

Then there is stuff like this.

Ng1wRFd.png

3eKl4R7.png

I'm hearing Seth from everybody, which would be just the worst. Even Sodom would be better, even Decapre would be better. Seth is just the least interesting thing they could do.

Pivotal match right here between Punk and Problem-X.

Damn, that last round was crazy! Maybe it's gonna be Punk's year.

EDIT: Fuudo cruised to 3-0 over Oilking. But can he beat Punk?

Phenom should beat John Takeuchi pretty decisively after beating Big Bird.

EDIT: He did. We best not be underestimating Phenom.

Last edited:
Go, Xian!

Cheering for you, even though I gave HotDog plot armour in the thread title.

EDIT: A 3-0 for Xian! He's playing so well... Dare I to hope?

EDIT: Matzaball eliminates Moke

Last edited:
Damn, so many wall jump denials by Tokido vs Oil King!

EDIT: Nice confirm into super there at the end by Tokido. That's another 3-0. Tokido very likely to fight Problem X again next round, unless Nemo can beat problem.

Last edited:
Nemo on fiyah!

EDIT: Damn, Nemo seeing dollar signs or something, lol.

Problem almost beat Punk and then Nemo 3-0s him, haha.

Can he beat Tokido though?

Last edited:

Kenji Ramon

The production of this event has been terrible. The stream was acting up all day for me. Players having to wait so long between matches is also just not cool. I think Punk had to wait over 6 hours between matches. It's completely amateur work for what should be the 2nd biggest fgc event of the year. TWT ran so much better.

Then there is stuff like this.

Ng1wRFd.png

3eKl4R7.png

It wasn’t “terrible”. It’s a shame there was no LCQas they had space and set-up problems but the main CapCup (apart from not streaming a couple losers matches yesterday) has been great so far. TWT was okay but CapCup is performing much better with over 86k viewers so far with Twitch + Youtube. Not surprising though.

It wasn’t “terrible”. It’s a shame there was no LCQas they had space and set-up problems but the main CapCup (apart from not streaming a couple losers matches yesterday) has been great so far. TWT was okay but CapCup is performing much better with over 86k viewers so far with Twitch + Youtube. Not surprising though.

Gotta say I'm not a fan of using viewership numbers as a measure of the quality of the production since there are so many reasons why people tune in.

Kenji Ramon

Gotta say I'm not a fan of using viewership numbers as a measure of the quality of the production since there are so many reasons why people tune in.

Well, I think it’s a great measure. Over 86K viewers is huge for fighting games and the stream has been doing great today with great commentary, very short breaks and extremely hype matches.

Well, I think it’s a great measure. Over 86K viewers is huge for fighting games and the stream has been doing great today with great commentary, very short breaks and extremely hype matches.

It's cool that you like it and the numbers are good. I'm just saying numbers like these are not the best representation of quality, it only really tells one thing: that the stream is up and running.

Now I remember who you are. You're the guy who lies and makes up stats out of thin air.

Last years Capcom Cup had 120k peak viewers. So it's down. https://escharts.com/tournaments/sfv/capcom-cup-2018

But, I'm not talking about that. This event has not been a good look for attendees and stream viewers. We should expect better from an event like this.

Okay so now we're on to top 8, predictions.

I prefer to make bold predictions so I'll go with Nemo.

Obviously Fuudo, Punk or even Tokido is more likely but Nemo has really turned it on today. To be honest, Nemo, Idom and Phenom are all playing very hot and could outperform expectations.

Last edited:
Tokido Lookin' murderous.

Nemo all business.

EDIT: Nothing like making a bold prediction and being proven wrong immediately!

Congrats to Tokido

Last edited:

Kenji Ramon

Now I remember who you are. You're the guy who lies and makes up stats out of thin air.

Last years Capcom Cup had 120k peak viewers. So it's down. https://escharts.com/tournaments/sfv/capcom-cup-2018

But, I'm not talking about that. This event has not been a good look for attendees and stream viewers. We should expect better from an event like this.
Not a lying. Think it’s better to compare the competition instead of year. Right now SFV has over 100k viewers with twitch and YouTube. It’s basically destroyed Tekken 7 in terms of finals viewership figures. Not surprised.

Not a lying. Think it’s better to compare the competition instead of year. Right now SFV has over 100k viewers with twitch and YouTube. It’s basically destroyed Tekken 7 in terms of finals viewership figures. Not surprised.

What are the tekken numbers? Or are you just making stuff up again?

baiting nemo with the aegis reflect fireball for the air to ari...jesus christ tokido :lollipop_fearful:

He's so fucking smart. That was hype as fuck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom