• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom has announced that the Sunbreak expansion for Monster Hunter Rise has now sold 5 million units worldwide across Nintendo Switch and PC.

Draugoth

Gold Member
monster-hunter-rise-sunbreak-b-1280x720.jpg

Capcom has announced that the Sunbreak expansion for Monster Hunter Rise has now sold 5 million units worldwide across Nintendo Switch and PC.

Sunbreak was released on June 30, 2022 and in less than a week cleared the 2 million sales milestone, according to Capcom.

In order to play the expansion, users are required to own the base Monster Hunter Rise game, which was released for Switch in March 2021 and for PC in January 2022.

As of last August, Monster Hunter Rise game had cleared 11 million units, the company said, which means that as much as 45% of players have now purchased the DLC.

source

feynoob

Banned
Cause they are using PS1 era tactics of keeping their games exclusive.
It's not about the exclusives.
Their management is stinking right now.
They are focusing hard on unnecessary stuff, and wanking off for nfts, blaming their studios for their fault, etc.

While Capcom here is focusing on gaming, and other platforms such as PC.

Woopah

Excellent result, I still need to find time to propely get back into Sunbreak. Capcom is definitely one of the better third party publishers right now.

It's not about the exclusives.
Their management is stinking right now.
They are focusing hard on unnecessary stuff, and wanking off for nfts, blaming their studios for their fault, etc.

While Capcom here is focusing on gaming, and other platforms such as PC.
You need to hate gaming to want NFTs in your games. Which of course explains why CEOs and managers who never played a game in their lives with want NFTs in their games.

Do you know what the Crypto crowd say? They say that NFTs reward gamers for their time and effort by paying them back with cash. The fact that games are suppose to be fun and that you pay to enjoy yourselves, is entirely alien to them.

I tried playing a FTP game once. But then after a while the stress to turn the game on daily to win the daily rewards was too much for me and I realised it wasn't fun any more.

Spyxos

How is this addon i have the base game, but all maps that i visited looked really boring und ugly. Is it better with this addon?

In a thread discussing Capcom's exclusive no less. You don't know what you're talking about.

Monster Hunter World was multi.

It increased franchise awareness.

On top, Capcom know why their games are good. SE on the other hand is making latest Final Fantasy like Devil May Cry.

Three

Monster Hunter World was multi.

It increased franchise awareness.

On top, Capcom know why their games are good. SE on the other hand is making latest Final Fantasy like Devil May Cry.
Yeah so was Final Fantasy 15. The thread you are in though talking about Monster Hunter Rise's success is an exclusive.

Last edited:
Yeah so was Final Fantasy 15. The thread you are in though talking about Monster Hunter Rise's success is an exclusive.

Final Fantasy 15 is highest selling game in franchise. And it wasn't a particularly good game either, one that would help building the brand.

For next title they went exclusive again (FF7R) which suffered in sales department despite being good, one that should ve been the poster boy for franchise.

Monster Hunter on the other hand they made it multi platform, at the same time hit it out of the park.

Gonna do same thing with rise, it's coming to Gamepass. Gonna make it a huge ip world wide.

Three

Monster Hunter on the other hand they made it multi platform, at the same time hit it out of the park.
No they didn't. They went exclusive and hit it out of the park. So you agree FF not being as popular as Monster Hunter has nothing to do with being exclusive. Monster Hunter Rise was successful being exclusive.

Last edited:

Jennings

No they didn't. They went exclusive and hit it out of the park. So you agree FF not being as popular as Monster Hunter has nothing to do with being exclusive. Monster Hunter Rise was successful being exclusive.
He's talking about hitting it out of the park with World, not Rise. And then he follows up with Rise will be the next to hit it out of the park, because Gamepass. Agree or not that's just what he was trying to say.

Three

He's talking about hitting it out of the park with World, not Rise. And then he follows up with Rise will be the next to hit it out of the park, because Gamepass. Agree or not that's just what he was trying to say.
I gathered that but he said FF15 was the highest selling game in the franchise then they went exclusive with the next one. Monster Hunter did the exact same thing.

demigod

Final Fantasy 15 is highest selling game in franchise. And it wasn't a particularly good game either, one that would help building the brand.

For next title they went exclusive again (FF7R) which suffered in sales department despite being good, one that should ve been the poster boy for franchise.

Gonna do same thing with rise, it's coming to Gamepass. Gonna make it a huge ip world wide.
Lmfao your posts are hilarious. You talk about Capcom not doing exclusives, well guess what? Rise/Sunbreak were exclusive.

You think that the game coming to game pass will make it a huge(lol lol lol) ip? Are you for real dawg. I bet it won’t even chart the top 20 a month after. Put phil’s pipe down son.

Paltheos

Sunbreak is pretty good. Rise is my first Monster Hunter game I really poured allot of time into, and I had a decent time playing with friends. From what just about all of them have told me though, World is better.

Lmfao your posts are hilarious. You talk about Capcom not doing exclusives, well guess what? Rise/Sunbreak were exclusive.

You think that the game coming to game pass will make it a huge(lol lol lol) ip? Are you for real dawg. I bet it won’t even chart the top 20 a month after. Put phil’s pipe down son.

Gamepass is readymade success formula for Japanese developers. Free marketing, you get paid for it even.

"Yakuza franchise director Masayoshi Yokoyama praised Xbox Game Pass for helping to grow the franchise with Western audiences in a recent interview."

Top Bottom