• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom reports record profits yet again as older games continue to sell

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

On Wednesday, in its results for the nine months ending December 31, 2021, the Japanese publisher reported the highest net sales and highest levels of all profit items for the end of a third quarter in company history.

It means Capcom is approaching its ninth consecutive year of operating income growth and its fifth consecutive year of record profits.

During its current fiscal year ending March 31, Resident Evil Village has so far topped 5.7 million units, while Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin has sold more than 1.4 million units.

But at 70% of its total unit sales, the company’s sales during the nine-month period have been overwhelmingly driven by older games in the Resident Evil and Monster Hunter series.

Monster Hunter Rise has now sold 8 million units since its release last year, and Resident Evil 7 has achieved its 6th consecutive year selling more than 1 million units and cleared 10 million total sales.

For the nine months ended December 31, 2021, Capcom’s net sales were up 35.9% year-on-year, and operating income up 43.9%. Game software sales exceed 25.8 million units, up 30.3% year-on-year.

Capcom has said it is working to increase its development personnel and expand its pipeline of games by both utilizing existing IP and creating new properties.

Screenshot-2022-01-26-104706-1024x707.jpg

Capcom had solid output but they also must've taken a close look at their data on how many more units they end up selling when they run deep discounts. They've been great about sales on the regular and I hope this trend keeps going.

yurinka

Nice to see Capcom performing great. Now let's see the Street Fighter VI announcement next month, I'm really looking forward.

MrA

Banned
Really glad Capcom is doing well again. Definitely my favorite publisher.

Turns out, you just have to make good games. Too many western publishers need to learn that lesson.
When they started focusing on making great games again and not trolling their fans, they secured their success

Camreezie

Theyve really turned it around since the 360 era. One of my favourite publishers and they tend to deliver quality titles now almost every time

Bragr

Banned
They put Monster Hunter on the Switch at the perfect time, good for them. And Village is a homerun too.

Resident Evil 7 is on offer for very little all the time, so I wonder how much they actually get in dollar sales for that one.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Love capcom! Been a fav of mine since I was a wee young lad playing forgotten worlds with my brother on the Atari ST.

glad they are doing well.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Hey Capcom il take that Megaman Legends Collection now with both Legends games and the Missadventures of Tron Bonn included please...

Haven't forgiven the fact they promised a 3DS demo for Megaman Legends 3, announced a launch date and that the game would continue to get funded depending on how many people downloaded it. Then on the day the demo was to drop announced in was cancelled and despite being complete not releasing the demo.

Oh they did recycle all the completed components and engine into a Lost Planet spin off they then ONLY RELEASED IN JAPAN! that flopped harder than any other title they released that year...

God damn it Capcom why do you do this? Throw us legends fans a bone here since your older games are doing so well.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Good. Hopefully all this success translates into Itsuno delivering a complete game this time with Dragon's Dogma 2. I would be very happy to be able to play the original vision he had for the first game.

@gkTH

Very glad to hear healthy Capcom, it means they won't sell to anyone soon.

Anyway, it's time for remake of the remake !

Dick Jones

Gold Member
We love first person Resident Evil. Im glad its here to stay.
I'm more than happy to continue the first person Resi whole they finish out the remakes of prior games. Too many releases of the RE2 mechanics (continuation and remakes) would lead to burnout. Maybe have spin-offs of first person Resi when they eventually finish with the remake path.

Top Bottom