• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom reports that Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak has managed to surpass 2 million sold copies already

Draugoth

Gold Member

Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) today announced that Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak (Sunbreak, below), the massive premium expansion for Monster Hunter Rise (Rise, below) for Nintendo Switch and PC (Steam), has shipped 2 million units worldwide.

The Monster Hunter series consists of hunting action games that pit players against giant monsters in a beautiful natural environment. Beginning with the first title in 2004, the series established a new genre in which players cooperate to hunt ferocious monsters with their friends and has since grown into a global phenomenon with cumulative sales of the series exceeding 84 million units shipped as of July 5, 2022. Notably, January 2018 release Monster Hunter: World has enjoyed sales growth in the four years since its launch, now holding the Capcom all-time record of 21 million* units shipped.

Further, March 2021 release Rise has also surpassed 10 million units shipped globally, which was achieved through a variety of measures including ongoing free updates and the launch of a PC version, as well as with the release of a set that includes Sunbreak.

Sunbreak is a massive premium expansion for Rise. In addition to new quest ranks, locales, monsters and never-before-experienced hunting actions, players can enjoy new story elements for Rise as well. Capcom released a demo version prior to launch, garnering praise and attention for the title, which resulted in shipments of over 2 million units globally. The company will continue to leverage its digital strategy going forward, aiming to maximize unit sales with ongoing promotions, including the continued release of free additional content and pricing strategies.

Capcom remains firmly committed to satisfying the expectations of all users by leveraging its industry-leading game development capabilities.

*Includes shipments of Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Master Edition

Reizo Ryuu

Noice Thats Nice GIF

Nautilus

Banned
MH Rise sold almost the half of copies than MH World until now. Still far from World but not bad at all.
Rise is 1 year and a few months on the market. MH World is already 5 years old.

Considering how good Capcom games legs are, this matters.

would sold even more if its on Playstation :/
What annoys me is that while I had a blast with World, the end game monsters were honestly a chore to fight and I never even bothered picking up Iceborne because of it. From how my friend described it, it sounds like Rise would have been exactly what I'm looking for in terms of filthy causalness, but oh well... still going to get World 2, but with the understanding that endgame will actually just be the end of my game.

april6e

Hopefully this gets it through Capcom's skull that we want Monster Hunter World 2 or a PC remaster of Monster Hunter 4U/GU as soon as possible.

Top Bottom