• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom to release " Multiple New Major Titles " This Fiscal Year

Draugoth

Gold Member
In Its Fiscal Year 2021/2022 Report Presentation , Capcom announced in Some of its Slides that will release " Multiple Major New Titles " This Fiscal Year , and we have Numbers for their Projected SKUs and Projected Sales

unknown.png

Other Info:

• Capcom Plans to Release 45 SKU this Fiscal Year , Double of their output last FY and their Biggest number since 3 Fiscal Years
  • They plan to sell 37M Units
  • 7M of those are from Japan , Higher than the performance of Japan in the previous two years , which had titles Monster Hunter Rise and Resident Evil Village Releases
  • The New Titles projection is 10M , Also Higher than the performance of the previous two Years
  • Digital Ratio is Kinda high , 32.5M

Announced Games for the Fiscal Year of 2023:

• Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak ( NSW/PC )
  • Capcom Fighting Collection (NSW/PC/PS4/PS5/X1/XS)
  • Resident Evil 2/3/7 Next Gen Upgrade (PC/PS5/XS)
  • Resident Evil Verse ( PC/PS4/X1 Until now )
  • Resident Evil Village DLC ( Supposedly PC/PS4/PS5/X1/XS)
  • Capcom 2nd Arcade Stadium ( NSW/PC/PS4/X1 )

What they announced but the release date is unknown:

• Exoprimal (PC/PS5/PS4/XS/XB1)
  • Pragmata (PC/PS5/XS)
  • Street Fighter 6 ( No Platforms announced )

schaft0620

My guess on unannounced games this FY:

RE4 Remake
RE8 Gold Edition with PS VR2 support and season pass
Marvel Fighting Collection (X-Men CotA, X-Men v Street Fighter, Marvel v Street Fighter, Marvel v Capcom, Marvel v Capcom 2)
Something Mega Man
Dragons Dogma re-release (again)

yurinka

I think these are the 45 SKUs:
  • Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak (NSW/PC)
  • Resident Evil 2 Next Gen Upgrade (PC/PS5/XS)
  • Resident Evil 3 Next Gen Upgrade (PC/PS5/XS)
  • Resident Evil 7 Next Gen Upgrade (PC/PS5/XS)
  • Resident Evil Verse ( PC/PS4/PS5/X1/XS)
  • Resident Evil Village DLC (PC/PS4/PS5/X1/XS)
  • Capcom 2nd Arcade Stadium (NSW/PC/PS4/X1)
  • Dragon's Dogma 2 (PC/PS4/PS5/X1/XS)
  • Street Fighter 6 (PC/PS4/PS5/X1/XS)
One of them wouldn't get the PC version at launch, it would be released outside this FY.

Last edited:

Woopah

I think these are the 45 SKUs:
  • Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak (NSW/PC)
  • Resident Evil 2 Next Gen Upgrade (PC/PS5/XS)
  • Resident Evil 3 Next Gen Upgrade (PC/PS5/XS)
  • Resident Evil 7 Next Gen Upgrade (PC/PS5/XS)
  • Resident Evil Verse ( PC/PS4/PS5/X1/XS)
  • Resident Evil Village DLC (PC/PS4/PS5/X1/XS)
  • Capcom 2nd Arcade Stadium (NSW/PC/PS4/X1)
  • Dragon's Dogma 2 (PC/PS4/PS5/X1/XS)
  • Street Fighter 6 (PC/PS4/PS5/X1/XS)
One of them wouldn't get the PC version at launch, it would be released outside this FY.
Looks like a good list, buy I think they'll need something more than this to reach 7 million sales in Japan. Really curious to see what games will help them hit that.

yurinka

Looks like a good list, buy I think they'll need something more than this to reach 7 million sales in Japan. Really curious to see what games will help them hit that.
I think all these games plus catalog titles can achieve 7 million copies. Forget the Famitsu numbers, since they don't include digital they aren't counting PC and over half of PS sales, meaning that they don't cover even half of the Japanese market.

Woopah

I think all these games plus catalog titles can achieve 7 million copies. Forget the Famitsu numbers, since they don't include digital they aren't counting PC and over half of PS sales, meaning that they don't cover even half of the Japanese market.
I don't see the Resident Evil titles selling much at all, but maybe if both Street Fighter and Dragon's Dogma launch before the holidays there will be a chance.

yurinka

I don't see the Resident Evil titles selling much at all, but maybe if both Street Fighter and Dragon's Dogma launch before the holidays there will be a chance.
I'd say 2-3 millions MHR Sunbreak, 2-3 millions catalog stuff, 2-3 millions the rest of the skus of this year.

Ferdimage

Funny enough I joined Neogaf in 2014 looking for Dragons Dogma 2 information....could it be... the time will come soon?

Top Bottom