• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom updates game and franchise numbers as of March 31, 2021

yurinka

As happens every quarter, hey updated their Platinum Titles list, the page where they detail the sales of the games that sold over a million units. Nice to see Street Fighter V continues with strong sales more than 5 years after release.

Resident Evil games sales updates
Resident Evil 7 - 9 Million (500K+)
Resident Evil 2 Remake - 8.1M (300K+)
Resident Evil 6 - 7.8M (100K+)
Resident Evil 3 Remake - 4M (400K+)
Resident Evil Remake HD - 3M (100K+)
Resident Evil 0 HD - 2.9M (100K+)
Resident Evil 4 (PS4/X1) - 2.2M (100K+)
Resident Evil 5 (PS4/X1) - 2.1M (100K+)

Monster Hunter games sales updates
Monster Hunter World - 17.1M (300K+)
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne - 7.7M (500K+)
Monster Hunter Rise - 4.8M (*New*)
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - 4.3M (200K+)

Capcom fighting games sales updates
Street Fighter V - 5.5M (+300K)
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection - 1.8M (100K+)
Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite - 1.7M (100K+)

Other game sales updates
Devil May Cry 5 - 4.3M (200K+)
Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS4/X1) - 1.6M (100K+)
Okami HD - 1.6M (100K+)
Dead Rising 4 - 1.1M (100K+)
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy - 1.1M (100K+)

They also updated their game series sales page. This page gets updated every million for the top IPs that sold over 10M copies, and every 100K for series with smaller sales. Seems it wasn't a good idea to make Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection a timed Switch exclusive, it sold around 100K or less in over a month.

Game series sales updates:
Resident Evil - 110M (3M+)
Monster Hunter - 72M (5M+)
Marvel Vs. Capcom - 9.9M (100K+)
Ace Attorney - 8.1M (100K+)
Dragons Dogma - 5.7M (100K+)
Ghosts'n Goblins - 4.3M (100K+)

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
The fact 7 is still selling better than REmake 2 shows the actual success of the first person RE and that it will probably only be surpassed by RE8.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
RE2remake at 8.1m and releasing 2 years after RE7 is impressive for a Remake, says it all really, that don't look like a two year lead for RE7
RE7 should get a boost from RE8 releasing like it did with the Gold Edition but will it remain the best selling for long with RE2remake being so close.
Or will RE8 dethrone them both?
Either way this shows Capcom is on the roll.
And RE9 and RE4remake can't come soon enough

Last edited:

TGO

Yeap.

Plus they are very close to the 10m target for RE7 even after the slow start.
I think retuning to its horror roots was the wise decision, sadly I think RE8 is gonna be another RE4 where the game is fantastic but puts it on path we've seen before.
Another two games and we'll need another return to roots reboot.
Remember their was never anything wrong with any RE game when they release, we loved them all, even RE5 & 6 and everyone said they was moving the series forward until we realize how far it had moved from the original formula they was and the original formula was better.
Even with RE7 people said it was returning to its roots and still do but are evidently wrong with how different REmake2 is.

ethomaz

Banned
I think retuning to its horror roots was the wise decision, sadly I think RE8 is gonna be another RE4 where the game is fantastic but puts it on path we've seen before.
Another two games and we'll need another return to roots reboot.
Remember their was never anything wrong with any RE game when they release, we loved them all, even RE5 & 6 and everyone said they was moving the series forward until we realize how far it had moved from the original formula they was and the original formula was better.
Even with RE7 people said it was returning to its roots and still do but are evidently wrong with how different REmake2 is.
I could not play RE4 more than 30 minutes... got sleepy and just give up.
Just forget about RE5 and RE6.

Thanks Capcom I could play Resident Evil again with 7 and in VR for the best experience RE ever had.

RE3 was already in downhill compared with original and RE2.
Ohhhh REmake 2 is a cut down REmake and not on the same level as RE2... REmake 3 is an abomination.
REmake is really the only great REmake... on par with original.

Last edited:

yurinka

RE2remake at 8.1m and releasing 2 years after RE7 is impressive for a Remake, says it all really, that don't look like a two year lead for RE7
RE7 should get a boost from RE8 releasing like it did with the Gold Edition but will it remain the best selling for long with RE2remake being so close.
Or will RE8 dethrone them both?
Either way this shows Capcom is on the roll.
And RE9 and RE4remake can't come soon enough
I think that RE8 may have a slower start than REVII or the remakes but in the long run it will outsell all of them. Some people won't get them at launch. Some of them will wait for a price cut, other ones plan to get it for next gen once they upgrade somewhere in the future, other ones want to get it for next gen but can't find consoles, other ones recently moved to next gen maybe also buying a 4K tv and some games or accesories, so recently spent a ton of money so may reduce their gaming budgets for some time, etc.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Interesting that MVCI is still selling copies, it's my fav fighting game, but support for it ended pretty much immediately after launch.

ethomaz

Banned
I think that RE8 may have a slower start than REVII or the remakes but in the long run it will outsell all of them. Some people won't get them at launch. Some of them will wait for a price cut, other ones plan to get it for next gen once they upgrade somewhere in the future, other ones want to get it for next gen but can't find consoles etc.
It launched with better sales than RE7 and on pair with REmake 2.
If I'm not wrong it is the best RE launch together with REmake 2.

Last edited:

SSfox

RE3 litteraly sold half of what RE2 sold. Hopefully Capcom will get the message that it's not good to release incomplete games.

TGO

I could not play RE4 more than 30 minutes... got sleepy and just give up.
Just forget about RE5 and RE6.

Thanks Capcom I could play Resident Evil again with 7 and in VR for the best experience RE ever had.

RE3 was already in downhill compared with original and RE2.
Ohhhh REmake 2 is a cut down REmake and not on the same level as RE2... REmake 3 is an abomination.
REmake is really the only great REmake... on par with original.
I hated the whole action aspect of RE4 with its Levels & Ranking system per level.
RE7 is the best VR experience I've had but it was terrible RE game &
RE2remake while missing stuff from the original is probably one of the best RE experiences I've had since REmake and stands above most games of the last two generations
I still replay it now and again, sadly while RE3make was built on good foundations the original RE2remake Hirabayashi team (RE2/REmake/RE4/RE6/REHD Collection) wasn't involved and it was lead by Kawata & Fabiano (RE5/Rev/Umbrella Corps/RE7/RE8)
I still think it's a good game that they probably rushed it because of RE8.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Impressive numbers all around 👍 all games keep selling good numbers years after release. power of a good brand, decent marketing and high quality games. DMC V @4 million,what a come back.

And what an amazing comeback for RE0 too:messenger_grinning:, from one of the least popular main games and Capcom not even wanted to release it on Wii to an impressive 3 million sales(not counting the original or Switch edition) surpassing the Revelaitons games, not bad for an old school horror 2002 GameCube game 🧟‍♂️🦂🚂

Resident Evil 0 HD - 2.9M (100K+)
Fuck yeah

tenor.gif

52F16EAC08D8AE42783515AB22364001C01006CA

Top Bottom