• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom wants to know which Resident Evil remake fans want next

Banned
Resident Evil 1

Jean Yoon No GIF by Kim's Convenience

Kataploom

Gold Member
"please dumb the game down for us casuals"
Yes, I don't have time to redo several hours just because I died and didn't have ink to save the game... And I like playing certain difficult games or certain genres on hard. Sekiro is like 20 times harder than what I played of REmake and I put 80 hours into it, but a game not letting me save my progress... Hmmm nah, not my thing, whatever that kidnaps my progress is a complete "no" to me, feels too much like a waste of time instead of "entertainment", it's like the game shitting and pissing on the effort I put to progress.

SeraphJan

I know and anyway the question was for Resident Evil games. But you never know, Silent Hill is being made by a bunch of different companies now.
If it was the game version (instead of novel) you were talking about, I would love Square Enix to do a remake, both visual and game mechanic could really benefit from a modern remake

Roni

Gold Member
The first, then code Veronica and then 5. The Chris Vs Wesker trilogy. I absolutely love REmake but I'd like to see it in the style of the new remakes.
Better to save the first one for last, I think. Use what they learned in all other remakes to make the definitive Resident Evil.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I was thinking of listing the games I want remade like this.
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil
Resident Evil Outbreak.
Resident Evil 5

But decided to just ask for Resident Evil: Code Veronica instead.
Once they remake CV and ask again, request the next on the list 👍
Might even

Last edited:

Lupin25

Which is all the more reason to redo them in line with the Remakes.

...is what some people would say.

I want CV or new games.

Nah. Not over those 3 next.

And Why?

They’re not very good and how can you remake 5/6 without the over the top action?

They might as well make entirely new entries in that case…

Last edited:

Kagero

5 was AWSOME! Co-op was amazing! I don’t get the hate. You all just don’t like fun I guess.

killatopak

Gold Member
Dino Crisis is the answer. It'll bring back more horror elements. Alternatively, 2 for those who want more action.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
You didn’t have a good time with CV? That was one of the best games on the Dreamcast.
I actually didn't like it, I was looking forward to playing it, but it left me disappointed.

I didn't like the setting and the story, I don't like the enemies, the fact of making Alexia almost a divine being is out of place in a Resident Evil.

It was for me the worst chronological Resident Evil I've ever played.

Phase

I wish you guys would stop clamoring for remakes. It only signals to the industry they don't even need to try anymore, just keep rehashing old products. They're barely trying as it is.

Alan Wake

I wish you guys would stop clamoring for remakes. It only signals to the industry they don't even need to try anymore, just keep rehashing old products. They're barely trying as it is.
Capcom's remakes are something else. Just stellar experiences. AND they keep releasing new RE games as well.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Enough remakes. Make new games.

Then again, I'm not sure I really care what happens to the Resident Evil franchise. I think I may be done with it.

They have. Continuously. Its easy to supplement the new games with remakes as they are far faster to produce.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

RE7 and 8 are "barely trying"? Re2Remake and RE4 Remake are "barely trying"? Street Fighter VI is "barely trying"? Monster Hunter Rise is "barely trying"? DMC5 is "barely trying"?

Capcom has been hitting it out of the park with really only 4-5 "failures" in the past 10 years. Two of which being SFV and MVCI and the other 3 being MP RE games.

You are barely trying with this obvious bait.

DelireMan7

Obvious choice is Code Veronica.

I would like an "over the shoulder Remake" for Resident Evil even if to this date the Remake is the best RE for me.

Astral Dog

I said Code Veronica, Zero would ve cool but i don't believe they will ever remake it,RE1 is too obvious

Code Veronica needs a remake the most

SeraphJan

Since many people here wants to be the contrarian and recommend some obscure title why not just go all the way

51VBBXNDVEL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Since many people here wants to be the contrarian and recommend some obscure title why not just go all the way

51VBBXNDVEL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I actually enjoyed that one.
And as you said
obscure title
I know it's not Capcom but I would like a Remake
ss_7a5520f6a85fd006edd6ccb0307f7c1f37afaf24.1920x1080.jpg

With no "updating for modern audiences"
Pure 2000's highschool horror please

Edit: actually looking at that screenshot I'd take just a Remaster
Who owns the Obscure IP now?

Last edited:

mopspear

I told them 5 and then I said Twitter doesn't represent most of the US or even the rest of the world so don't worry about them. ;-)

Top Bottom