• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom wants to know which Resident Evil remake fans want next

L*][*N*K

Banned
Code Veronica would be nice, but honestly I would prefer if they just take the series and reboot it, maybe start off somewhere else in the world this time with a new cast, something like an Open-Zone game maybe?

poodaddy

I did my part in voting for Code Veronica, though I won't lie, part of me thinks 0 has a chance to be a truly great if they ever remake it. Creepy ass train filled with giant leeches and zombies in the RE engine? I think that could be pretty good, but I don't know, environments might get a bit samey and boring after a while.

I also think Revelations could make for a pretty compelling remake, though I really don't think it's aged that badly at all either. Part of me would just like to see them go back to the beginning and remake the first one, but I think they should wait to do that until remaking everything else to draw up maximum hype potential.

nkarafo

I voted for Resident Evil 1.

If the doll house in RE8 is any indication, the RE1 mansion will look amazing in this 3D engine.

Just_one

Anyone asking for RE5 and RE6 will hereby go on my block list.
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Dutchy

Seeing so much love for code Veronica warms my heart.
RE4 is one of my favorite games of all time, but one of my least favorite RE's, if that makes sense.

Code Veronica just has the perfect blend of horror, mystery, action, puzzles, a captivating story, and a very explorable environment set in a very lengthy campaign filled with interesting sections, bosses and arguebly the most twisted set of bad guys. Man, I gotta replay it again.

MiguelItUp

I still want RE1 with RE Engine + TPS mechanics, honestly. Maybe add even more content to flush it out even more. At least at that point RE 1-4 will have been remade, all use RE Engine + TPS mechanics.

After that, I think it'd be cool to maybe see 5 or 0 done. I personally don't care too much for Code Veronica.

oji-san

Banned
I think with RE4R it enough for me, really really wanted a RE4 remake and we got it.
The others while was good not necessarily important to me. I didn't answer the poll but i see from comments there's a Dino Crisis option? I think that will be interesting.

oji-san

Banned
My first exposure to modern day hypersensitivity was Ngai Croal calling RE5 racist on GameTrailers. I thought it was weird then, little did I know where we were headed. Lol
Doesn't have black people? racist!
Have many black people? double racist!

Astral Dog

I wish you guys would stop clamoring for remakes. It only signals to the industry they don't even need to try anymore, just keep rehashing old products. They're barely trying as it is.
I would agree, but the Resident Evil Remakes have been (mostly) awesome,its a new way for old fans to experience an old favorite and new fans to know what made those classics so special

How awesome it is, that Resident Evil 2 had another launch with a 90 Metacritic? Or Resident Evil 4?

Plus, i believe Code Venirica deserves a good Remake,the other games maybe can stand on their own for more years,but CVX has good potential to be reimagined

Dorago

Code Veronica, RE Gaiden, Survivor. There ain't much after that unless they can do a real time rendered RE-make in 8K or something.

Re5 because they can actually have a second shot at making that setting and game...good, and more horror focused with actual africans. or is it unfixable?

Otherwise outbreak and dino crisus

Last edited:
Agreed with this, give us the game it was meant to be, not the half-assed corridor shooter we got.
They fixed the original's backtracking bullshit and the randomly obnoxious tag along. Best remake they ever made considering the material they had to work with.

Would probably buy Code Veronica and Outbreak 1+2 and Dino Crisis. Resident Evil 5 has no good ideas to base a game on.

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
I wish you guys would stop clamoring for remakes. It only signals to the industry they don't even need to try anymore, just keep rehashing old products. They're barely trying as it is.
They're almost through them all at this point, after remaking Dino Crisis they'll need new stuff. They can't afford to just remake the remakes again. That would be hilarious...

Last edited:
Top Bottom