• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Will Reportedly Reveal Two New Games at Jump Festa 2020

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The next Jump Festa, the big and yearly event for all the works linked with Shonen Jump and much beyond, will be happening on December 21-22. Capcom announced four of their games will be featured at the event and revealed two of them: We have Monster Hunter World: Iceborne, and Mega Man Zero / ZX Legacy Collection.

This means there are two other games Capcom will be showing off at Jump Festa 2020. We know that all four games will be playable at the event, and that the remaining two are “currently unannounced games”.

We learned all this via the usual magazine leaks, probably from the next issue of Weekly Shonen Jump magazine.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I hope it’s Nemesis. I mean, I can see it being that. A lot of locations from RE2 are used in RE3 with slight Modifications, and you can pump out player models and changes to the setting quick enough. Look how quick they made that trash project bollock or whatever it’s called, the spin off game they are doing.

So it could very well be an early first look at RE3. Which would be amazing.

PeacefulWorldGuy

Neo Member
Onimusha: Day of Dreams and Dragon Droughtma: Survive
please!

I'm tired with fighting games now because fandom and pro player attitude, so stop with another annoucement of fighting games capcom.

Last edited:

Aggelos

If the Capcom folks don't unveil anything big at the Game Awards, then these unannounced titles of Jump Fiesta are going to be something insignificant - a trifle, a triviality, just small potatoes.... Too much fuss for nothing....

The question is : when are they going to unveil the surprise title that Jun Takeuchi teased back in Decemeber 2018 during an interview with famitsu? (Takeuchi is the head of Capcom Development Division 1 -> the people who made RE Revelations 2, RE7, RE2Remake and DMC5 just to name a few of their handiwork). Is the reveal going to be this year after all? Takeuchi said that the title would surprise people and make the go like "Wow! They're really making that one?!"

DuskGolem (a.k.a AestheticGamer) claimed that the surprise title wasn't RE related. His words were : "Just to add speculation and flavor to what Takeuchi said a bit, the surprise title he’s talking about is not a Resident Evil game, and is pretty far along in development. Almost assuredly going to be announced next year and released the year after."

On the other hand, be bound to remember that Takeuchi did his directorial debut with Onimusha Warlords back in 2001 for PS2. So his brainchild is in fact Onimusha. So when he talks about surprise titles he might be alluding to a new Onimusha game.

Last edited:

Aggelos

Dino Crisis
You know what saddens me?
Back in December 2017 when Jawmuncher, a long-lasting champion/proponent of the Dino Crisis series, asked Capcom Development Division 1 about the possibility of seeing a new Dino Crisis anytime soon, they replied to his question.

But people didn't create a huge buzz over there at Capcom Dev Division 1's official twitter account, so that they get the message loud and clear for a Dino Crisis series reboot.
That is what saddens me. Most RE fans have forgotten Dino Crisis or don't even know of it. And that is heartbreaking, because a game that was meant to cater Capcom's RE audience is unknown to the RE fans of this day and age, and they won't support in any way (by whining at Capcom's social media for its revival, by clamouring for a reboot etc).

SuperGooey

Resident Evil 3 Remake and either a new Onimusha or Dino Crisis.

EDIT: Wait a minute. If there are 4 games, with Monster Hunter and Megaman ZX taking up slots, one of the two remaining games may be Project Resistance. :/

Last edited:

KàIRóS

Capcom's redemption arc continues

They have so many IPs I would like to see revived but I think it's going to be Resident Evil 3 and Dragon's Dogma 2, here's hoping it's megaman related thou.

Nickolaidas

As much as I would like one of them to be Dino Crisis, I don't see it for two reasons:

1) I think it will be a PS5 title and 2) I don't think that Capcom would announce two horror games at the same time. If one game is RE3, I don't see the other one being Dino Crisis. I'm thinking more like Onimusha, since we 'recently' had the very first one being remastered for the current console gen.

SALMORE

i just remembered that there was a rumor a few months ago about a new Sengoku Basara game so it could be one of the two unannounced games ?!

Aggelos

They said the would show (an) unannounced title(s)

So maybe that's RE3Remake?

Top Bottom