• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Car Garage Parking at Peak Performance and 600 IQ

MastaKiiLA

I was expecting a fuckup at the end. Honestly, besides doing a shit job of the actual parallel parking maneuver, that's a good job they did fitting in there. I've fit my car into some tight spots before, but I use the old NYC rules. The cars have bumpers for a reason. You can nudge the car in front and back to make space. This driver could've finished the move a lot faster if they did that. The car behind was prime for a nudge.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I was expecting a fuckup at the end. Honestly, besides doing a shit job of the actual parallel parking maneuver, that's a good job they did fitting in there. I've fit my car into some tight spots before, but I use the old NYC rules. The cars have bumpers for a reason. You can nudge the car in front and back to make space. This driver could've finished the move a lot faster if they did that. The car behind was prime for a nudge.

Unless the cars have those painted bumpers that crack if you do that :/…

In LA this will literally get you shot.

Patrick S.

Banned
If you nudge my bumper on purpose I'll nudge your face.

Diddy X

It's not that he is smart it's us are too dumb in solving practical problems, we are not humans anymore but extensions of the system.

MastaKiiLA

In LA this will literally get you shot.

If you nudge my bumper on purpose I'll nudge your face.
LA isn't NYC. I'm not sure how street-level parking where you guys live, but NYC has some bullshit about specific days of the week when you can park on certain sides of the street, and there are also various hours of the day where certain streets aren't allowed to be parked on. It's weird, and it's a PITA. You can drive around for half an hour, looking for an easy parking spot, probably a kilometer from your destination, or you can take a chance that the meter maid might not be making their rounds that day. However, when you find a good spot in a short amount of time, and you're not risking a ticket, but some shmuck parks like a dick...you fucking nudge.

I know people like to talk all wild like they can do something about it, but the chances of someone catching you bumping your way into a spot are crazy low. You'd have to have really unlucky timing for that to happen. It's pretty easy to do without causing any damage at all, as most bumpers are flexible, and paint doesn't chip that easily. I've done this literally dozens of times over the 2 years I lived in Brooklyn. Never a complaint. I've seen enough airtight parking jobs in the city to know that I'm not the only one who did it either. This is the way.

Last edited:

Patrick S.

Banned
LA isn't NYC. I'm not sure how street-level parking where you guys live, but NYC has some bullshit about specific days of the week when you can park on certain sides of the street, and there are also various hours of the day where certain streets aren't allowed to be parked on. It's weird, and it's a PITA. You can drive around for half an hour, looking for an easy parking spot, probably a kilometer from your destination, or you can take a chance that the meter maid might not be making their rounds that day. However, when you find a good spot in a short amount of time, and you're not risking a ticket, but some shmuck parks like a dick...you fucking nudge.

I know people like to talk all wild like they can do something about it, but the chances of someone catching you bumping your way into a spot are crazy low. You'd have to have really unlucky timing for that to happen. It's pretty easy to do without causing any damage at all, as most bumpers are flexible, and paint doesn't chip that easily. I've done this literally dozens of times over the 2 years I lived in Brooklyn. Never a complaint. I've seen enough airtight parking jobs in the city to know that I'm not the only one who did it either. This is the way.
So many words just to say that you're an asshat who fucks with other people's shit. You car being too large for a parking spot doesn't give you the entitlement to bump into other cars so your majesty can literally push and bump into there. "This is the way"? Yeah, in a third world country maybe. Try that shit here in Germany.

Tams

Gold Member
No wonder NYC is such a ****hole.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Amazing parking job, a 3 car garage is something that would make that guy go crazy, a brand new garage :pie_drooling:

Ballthyrm

isnt the nudging of cars quite common in france or italy?

I woudn't say common but I've seen it more often than I wished.
We don't have parking everywhere like in the US so it might be hard to understand to people who park their 20 Foot Truck anywhere they want.

You have a lot of one way street with parking on one-side in the really old towns.
The streets were never designed for cars and we ain't going to destroy 1500 year old houses to make way for bigger streets.

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

So many words just to say that you're an asshat who fucks with other people's shit. You car being too large for a parking spot doesn't give you the entitlement to bump into other cars so your majesty can literally push and bump into there. "This is the way"? Yeah, in a third world country maybe. Try that shit here in Germany.
Where exactly do you live? I feel like people who live and work in metropolitan areas actually understand this concept far better than someone who might make a random day trip into a city. You must either budget a lot of time for parking into your daily commute, or just don't park anywhere that's busy. Otherwise, your car will have been nudged countless times by other drivers, and the fact that you can't tell is why your anger is amusing. I don't give a shit if someone does it to my car. Just don't try doing it with a lift kit.

Top Bottom