• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania Chronicles 2: Simon's Quest (Fan Remake)

fart town usa

Gold Member
I've been going beast mode on the Castlevania Anniversary Collection and watching YouTube videos on Castlevania, thankfully the YouTube algorithm hooked it up by posting this on my front page. The creator uploaded it on Halloween this year and appears to be really close to sending the full game out for beta testing.

Warmachine Studios 2022. I've been working on this since around the middle of July this year. I'm currently up to the Dracula fight so the game is nearly done. I'll be sending it out for beta testing VERY soon!

Features;
Currency system - no more using hearts for currency and subweapons.
Mansions - each mansion is different and doesn't take influence from the original game, other than title. Each mansion will have it's own boss to fight to get all of Dracula's Remains.
Save/Load system - no more passwords. Save points are scattered throughout the game.
Additional Subweapons - the Axe and Cross have been added. Cycling has been streamlined by using the LB/RB.
Controller Support - compatible with any PC controller that is recognized with XBOX drivers. Rumble support added.
World Map - added to help keep track of where you are going!
Remixed OST - a blend of metal + orchestra containing the games OST as well as various other tracks from other CV titles.

Be sure to check back for further updates!!! This is a FAN-GAME, made by a fan, FOR THE FANS. All rights reserved by Konami.

EDIT: If anyone is interested in being a beta tester, send an email to genocide_junkie1919@yahoo.com

Looks pretty damn impressive.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
What's impressive about ripping Castlevania (or any other game's, plenty of these) sprites, tilesets, audio? The new stuff look kinda crappy in comparison. As does the gui stuff. I hope the game's more optimized than the recording suggests, stutters missing half a screen of movement every so often.

Last edited:

Barakov

Gold Member
Yep Reaction GIF by C H A R L Ö T T E

I'll check it out.

fart town usa

Gold Member
What's impressive about ripping Castlevania (or any other game's, plenty of these) sprites, tilesets, audio? The new stuff look kinda crappy in comparison. As does the gui stuff. I hope the game's more optimized than the recording suggests, stutters missing half a screen of movement every so often.
That's a long way of saying, "I'll wait until gamepass"

Joke Reaction GIF by Travis

This looks great. I'm hoping they do a Bloodstained game with gameplay like Simon's Quest. It could be part of the mainstream series or the 8-Bit side games they do.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
Bloodstained is the closest you're going to get and the 8-Bit side games really are reminiscent of the older Castlevania games.

That's why I'm saying I hope they eventually do a Bloodstained game like Simon's Quest.
I liked Blasphemous a lot more than Bloodstained with its detailed pixel art, better animations, unique aesthetic, and deep lore.

lachesis

I think the characters these days are too small and wimpy. It could be at least 150%-200% larger.
Actually come to think of it - many of side scrollers these days have tiny main characters.
I kinda wish to have bigger main character sprites that gives some more oomph.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I liked Blasphemous a lot more than Bloodstained with its detailed pixel art, better animations, unique aesthetic, and deep lore.
I'm gonna try out Blasphemous once I run out Castlevania games to play, game looks amazing. Bloodstained is on my radar too but the art style just puts me off. Probably sounds shallow cause it's not like it's ugly, I just really dislike that whole ultra smooth flash animation style. Never been a fan of that look.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Nice found. My least favorite 2D Cvania, but I will check this 'remake'.
Thanks OP.
Yea, Simon's Quest has a lot of great things about it but you more or less need to use a guide. Kinda spoils it but it's a pretty charming game for what it is. It's also easy as hell which helps to keep the frustration down.

Top Bottom