• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CASTLEVANIA: NOCTURNE, new Netflix show announced

Draugoth

Gold Member
FU6LqBcWAAAHzvJ

Meet CASTLEVANIA: NOCTURNE, a new Castlevania series following Richter Belmont 300 years after the events of the first Castlevania show

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
Oh nice, so the next games to be adapted are Rondo of Blood and Synphony of tge Night?

Castlevania was so good, so I'm looking foward to this.

Good cause I hate almost all Animes’ horrible stories. I dont understand how that crap is popular among the gaming base. Netflix needs to pump more landside animations.

data_jack

LET'S GOOO! I'm holding out hope that this Richter gets beat up and tattered like Trevor. Only then can he fashion a quick blue headband to complete the epic Rondo look.

Fbh

S1 and 2 were great and told what to me felt like a pretty good self contained story around Dracula.
S3 was slow and boring and the Alucard plotline was specially terrible.
S4 was a step up but suffered from only having 10 ~20 minutes long episodes to develop, connect and finish like 5 plotlines, so it felt rushed and messy.

To me it also felt like they didn't have anything for Trevor and Sypha to do after S2 so they had them almost as filler until the end of S4, nor did I like how the fun dynamic between them and Alucard was also removed until the final episode of S4.

Vaelka

Good cause I hate almost all Animes’ horrible stories. I dont understand how that crap is popular among the gaming base. Netflix needs to pump more landside animations.

There's just so much of it and it's also a lot more varied.
Which means there's also going to be more of it that doesn't appeal to you too.

One of the cool things about Anime which also could be viewed as a negative I guess is how open it is to basically everything.
It means that you get a lot of wacky and unique stuff like Anime revolved all around cooking or sports or even the devil working at McDonalds or whatever lol.
But it also means you get a lot of the questionable loli stuff.

Imo I prefer Anime being so open to basically everything and I simply just ignore the stuff I don't like.
There's a ton of more '' normie '' mainstream shows too but you can't expect all of them or even a majority to be that.
For every one Western animation there's like a billion Anime and only a few of them are even trying to be '' for everyone ''.

S1 and 2 were great and told what to me felt like a pretty good self contained story around Dracula.
S3 was slow and boring and the Alucard plotline was specially terrible.
S4 was a step up but suffered from only having 10 ~20 minutes long episodes to develop, connect and finish like 5 plotlines, so it felt rushed and messy.

To me it also felt like they didn't have anything for Trevor and Sypha to do after S2 so they had them almost as filler until the end of S4, nor did I like how the fun dynamic between them and Alucard was also removed until the final episode of S4.

Imo the dialogue had a major issue with cringe, there's so many scenes it felt the writers were too preoccupied trying to make it sound '' cool and adult '' and it just sounded like what teenagers going through a cringe emo or goth phase thinks sounds cool.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Interesting, but i was really hoping to see more(anything really) of the Devil May Cry show this team was supposedly making, or are they big enough to work on both at the same time?

Last edited:
The worst thing about the original series was the writing, so Warren Ellis being out is probably a net positive.
Incidentally, I'm taking it this can't even take place in that one's continuity considering how the last season turned out, huh?

I even lost hope that they were gonna adapt the Dracula X Chronicles/Collection after that debacle.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
Incidentally, I'm taking it this can't even take place in that one's continuity considering how the last season turned out, huh?

I even lost hope that they were gonna adapt the Dracula X Chronicles/Collection after that debacle.
I remember hearing rumors a while back (around the end of the last season) that they planned to continue the series in different eras, with Richter's era being the next one (which makes sense because unlike most of the other early Castlevania games it has a cast of characters).

I think they could make the previous storylines still work, but I'm fine with them starting fresh, too.

ahtlas7

While some episodes were not the best I enjoyed Castlevania so this is potentially great news but it’s Netflix so we’ll see.

Last edited:

Zannegan

The first show lost me in episode 1 when it tried to make Dracula a tragic avenger. I mean, I like villains with depth and complexity, but just making him a victim (and in such a shallow, silly way) does neither. It just makes everyone else in their world look monstrous and silly. The hero was a douche too, presumably to give him a chance to be "redeemed" later, but I just couldn't stomach the show any more.

Since this looks like a fresh start, I'll check it out. Here's hoping they don't go all "Maleficent" again.

Madonis

It's been like a hundred years. Well, certainly feels like it.

Ellis isn't involved, correct, but he did set things in motion by example so I'll assume this new series will follow along similar lines.

I believe this should be the same animation studio though.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

The screenshots look rad,hopefully it has more action than the last show and less babbling, but im still waiting for that Devil May Cry new Animation they announced years ago

Top Bottom