Basically wait for a sequel IMHO can’t see them sorting out anything but bugs. Happy to proven wrong.Story-wise, it's already above most of what's out there. The problem is the game-world, even w/o technical issues (I played on a beefy PC), just isn't up to the standards people expect out of CDPR. Once you're doing anything that isn't a main story quest or "main" side quest, the sandbox feels like PS2 level GTA. The cops don't work, the NPCs behave in bizarre ways, the driving is stiff, there's limited verticality despite that being heavily shown in the trailers, etc... If they fixed all the obvious bugs, the game STILL needs extra content and refinement to bring it into the tier of W3. From an economic PoV, it only makes so much sense to pour resources into CP2077 at this point, and given how easily they discarded their reputation for Christmas sales, I suspect the greed will get the better of them in this case as well.
Anything special going on in December? Aren't the next gen patch coming up in early 2022 only?It's so easy to make fun of Cyberpunk but I loved this game and I will start a new playthrough again in december <3
I hope it will be considered a very good game in the long run, because thats what it deserves.
Yup. It had bugs but it was still my GOTY 2020 on PC. Today it’s better and the mod community is alive and well. Hopefully they add something cool with the 1.5 patch next year.It is a very good game now, it also was at launch, people just need to play it on the right platforms.
Major incongruity as well. Early on when the game opens up, one of the first quests you get is Dalaman running you over. Immediately you are chumming it up with Johnny about what just happened when the night before you found out he's in your head.Things I disliked:
1. No ad variety. It's the same ads you see and most of these ads are all grouped together, there is a lack of ad variations in the game.
2. Lack of commercials and things to watch compared to GTA V.
3. No New Game + option where you can keep your stash, inventory and levels, etc.
4. The lack of immersion like the number of open stores with locked doors.
5. The lack of verticality in gameplay. Would have been nice to incorporate some Mirror's Edge type of parkour in this game to make use of the verticality.
6. Inventory screen slows down if you are a hoarder. They need to simplify duplicate gear.
7. No MP mode.
8. All these points of no returns like Arasaka Tower, you have to glitch back in to get the iconic weapons and Iguana egg if missed the first time.
9. Missable iconic weapons and upgrades.
10. No secret underwater stuff to find and collect.
11. You can't have your partner with you throughout the journey if you romanced them.
12. Unable to play minigames on arcade systems.
13. Cannot roleplay and sit on benches, order food at a restaurant, etc.
14. Lack of diverse phone activity from NPCs.
15. Lack of calling secret numbers on your phone to get secret messages or tips.
16. You cannot shoot and drive compared to GTA V.
17. No third-person view compared to GTA V.
18. There is no cutscene every time you replace your body part for something mechanical. I wish there was some sort of body horror scene much like RoboCop, for example.
19. The life path is not fully fleshed out and often compared to Dragon Age: Origins. Very lacking.
I could go on, but it could have been waaayyy better.