• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt committed to fixing Cyberpunk 2077 so it can sell 'for years'

V4skunk

Banned
When you look at how long they could push W3 sales!
Them concentrating on fixing cp2077 is the right thing to do! Hope fully the rumours are true and they are going to add in the removed features...

Impotaku

LOL of course they are commited to fixing it, they fucked up on a galactic scale. Their reputation is now shit with gamers, if they don't attempt to salvage it they are pretty much finished.

Zeroing

Banned
“Sell it for years”... there you go people! What it means: Release an unfinished game and hope we gamers buy it no matter what!

harmny

Banned
LOL of course they are commited to fixing it, they fucked up on a galactic scale. Their reputation is now shit with gamers, if they don't attempt to salvage it they are pretty much finished.

Are they? Because activision's reputation is shit. Ea's reputation is even worse. Ubisoft reputation is pretty bad. Bethesda's reputation is not good.
And all of them are doing great.

Kadve

IIRC, it got rushed because management was adamant that it had to release before the ps5/XSX launched and made the game look bad by comparison. Which is of course is totally how that works looking at past "late gen vs new gen tittles".

My problem with it is that there is nothing really unique about it. Its just a game and even the whole "cyberpunk" aesthetic has been done before.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Apparantly CD Projekt’s reputation is now in the shitter according to some people here. Watch the same people jizz all over themselves when Witcher 4 is announced.

And they deserve their reputation to be in the shitter indeed. And I'll jizz all over myself when Witcher 4 is announced. CDPR just betrayed the immense love that gamers gave them and treated them like the savers of gaming, just to be stabbed in the back by them.

Last edited:
The only "good" thing about buying the physical copy on day one were the awesome postcards that came with the game.

The game is still collecting dust.

luffie

They should remake the game.... in 3rd person.

Scrap the whole 1st person view and insert cinematics.

Let the shooting work like Remnant from the Ashes. Let us fight 3rd person close combat with Katana & Mantis Blade. They can use existing data drom W3 and improve from there.

Also scrap the whole levelling system, it's bad & broken. Reduce the size of the map, but make it denser by allowing people to more rooms. Provide grear mod support and let modders do the rest, and you will see the game still being played years later.

harmny

Banned

Let the shooting work like Remnant from the Ashes. Let us fight 3rd person close combat with Katana & Mantis Blade. They can use existing data drom W3 and improve from there.

Also scrap the whole levelling system, it's bad & broken. Reduce the size of the map, but make it denser by allowing people to more rooms. Provide grear mod support and let modders do the rest, and you will see the game still being played years later.

Why don't you create your own studio and make whatever game you want? What is this crap take lol

Last edited:

waquzy

Agreed 100%

Will never happen though...

Guilty_AI

Opinions yo. Nice bait though.
God-of-war-fish-costume-Cropped.v1.jpg

Raven117

Gold Member
Thats good news, but I do hope they get Witcher 4 up and running sooner rather than later.

They need to wash the bad taste of cyberpunk out of the collective mouths of gamers.

BootsLoader

Banned
The lost their reputation and the game will probably be cheaper so they will lose money, profit and the game will (as far as I can understand) never be 100% fixed.

Flabagast

Exactly.

This approach really paid off with Witcher 3, so it's not a surprise they want to replicate it.

Still, they're gonna have an uphill battle considering how the game was received originally.
Yeah and as a reminder Witcher3 got its most significant patch one year after release and was also patched every 2/3 weeks after the launch for several months.

If they manage to make a relaunch with an impressive next gen version I can see the game selling the CP selling confortably throughout the gen imho

TheMan

Well good luck to them. The game sold massively on launch because of enormous pent up demand based on their reputation, but they managed to monumentally fuck that up. A long-term overhaul is of course possible, but will it be financially viable with relatively limited additional revenue coming in? The game doesn't even have microtransactions so no more cash from those who already bought the game, and can there really be a ton of new sales with word of mouth being so shit? I think they'll make good on more bug fixes but by next year the game will be dumped.

Last edited:

Fbh

Well at least the good news is that between the lack of console stock and the crazy GPU prices, by the time I can actually afford some form of "next gen" hardware this game will be pretty neat.

The cold never bothered me anyway
The cold does indeed bother me, though. So I think it invalidates your post

Roni

Gold Member
Well good luck to them. The game sold massively on launch because of enormous pent up demand based on their reputation, but they managed to monumentally fuck that up. A long-term overhaul is of course possible, but will it be financially viable with relatively limited additional revenue coming in? The game doesn't even have microtransactions so no more cash from those who already bought the game, and can there really be a ton of new sales with word of mouth being so shit? I think they'll make good on more bug fixes but by next year the game will be dumped.
Word of mouth is only shit in this echo chamber... And not that negative since it was top 3 in the GotY. It's just the usual suspects who thought they'd be jacking into the matrix with this game. In the end, it was a normal AAA game and not the holy grail of gaming. They fell for the hype, were consumed by it, and they're extremely butthurt about it...

Last edited:
Can't handle development of 1 AAA game so instead they want to now develop 2 AAA games.
Christ on a bike.

Will never buy this shit fuck em. Dead game also.
This game and reputation of this developer is like a carcass that was ravaged by a pack of hyenas and they're trying to put Band-Aid on it.

Last edited:

EDMIX

At this point, the just need to STFU. Let it go and move on.

Imagine a fucking single player game in 2020 releasing and the developer is telling you they'll be fixing it for years. Maybe they should have not been saying stupid shit like "its ready when its ready" now its "see you in a few years so we can FIX IT bro" and or "give us a chance". Not on a online title, a fucking single player game. They might as well tell us Witcher 4's REAL release date is not when it comes out, but several years after or something. I've never seen something quite like this from a AAA single player title, where we now have to wait years to get it playable and working. They are now making AC Unity look NOT that bad in hindsight.

At this point, the just need to STFU. Let it go and move on.

Imagine a fucking single player game in 2020 releasing and the developer is telling you they'll be fixing it for years. Maybe they should have not been saying stupid shit like "its ready when its ready" now its "see you in a few years so we can FIX IT bro" and or "give us a chance". Not on a online title, a fucking single player game. They might as well tell us Witcher 4's REAL release date is not when it comes out, but several years after or something. I've never seen something quite like this from a AAA single player title, where we now have to wait years to get it playable and working. They are now making AC Unity look NOT that bad in hindsight.
Have you seen the patch notes ? It reads like a short novel. Quite a joke to be honest but they're on the right track at least.

The developers got screwed over by management and I feel sorry for them. I don't have any sympathy for those responsible for forcing the game's release when it clearly wasn't ready.

I'd seriously get every Tom, Dick and Harry in CDPR to work on fixing this game and adding features. I'd even get the tea lady involved. It should be 100% Cyberpunk, full throttle until the game is not only fixed but improved cause I mentioned many times before. There is a great game in there somewhere (probably GOTG material too) but they've just fucked it up at crucial points and they can easily unfuck it if they want to.

Last edited:

Hugare

The game is already selling for $10 here in Brazil.

They should release a shit ton of paid DLCs in the future in order to make bank from new copies (GOTY editions)

I've had my fill, played the game for 90h, but now I'm waiting for the new DLCs and patches in order to go in for another playthrough.

We are in April already (shit), so hopefuly CDPR will announce their plans for DLC really soon. They need it.

harmny

Banned

They should release a shit ton of paid DLCs in the future in order to make bank from new copies (GOTY editions)

I've had my fill, played the game for 90h, but now I'm waiting for the new DLCs and patches in order to go in for another playthrough.

We are in April already (shit), so hopefuly CDPR will announce their plans for DLC really soon. They need it.

expansions won't be this year. 2022

Got through 50 hours. 50 tough hours with constant crashing to blue screen, quest bugs and other shit. Can't see myself doing any more hard hours.
These are hard hours man.
You know how I sum this game up? Its like trying to bust a nut. You get excited, blood's pumping and then a pic of a naked Mama June on all fours is held up in front of you.
How can you finish with whale blubber in your face?

This is the most frustrating thing about this game. It's fucking great when it can be but it always lets you down with performance and gameplay bugs.

Hugare

expansions won't be this year. 2022
I'm talking about free DLC at least. They planned those for this year, they are there on the roadmap (and supposedly, were leaked)

And annoucing their plans for the bigger expansions would be helpful, I bet. Even if they are only coming on 2022.

"We are making a DLC about Morgan Blackhand for the next year", done, something to keep fans invested until 2022

Raonak

Banned
Cyberpunk is in one of those weird situations where the longer I wait the better it gets?

But the longer I wait the less impressive the game becomes.

harmny

Banned
I'm talking about free DLC at least. They planned those for this year, they are there on the roadmap (and supposedly, were leaked)

And annoucing their plans for the bigger expansions would be helpful, I bet. Even if they are only coming on 2022.

"We are making a DLC about Morgan Blackhand for the next year", done, something to keep fans invested until 2022

could be yes. but also. imagine what the comments would look like for that paid expansion announcement.

"HEY CDPR YOU MOTHERFUCKERS YOU WANT ME TO PAY AFTER THIS SCAM!?"
"FIX YOUR BROKEN GAME ASSHOLES"
"OH SO THIS IS THE CONTENT YOU REMOVED AND NOW YOU ARE MAKING ME PAY FOR IT"

rinse and repeat

i'd say don't announce it until it's close to release

Last edited:

luffie

Why don't you create your own studio and make whatever game you want? What is this crap take lol
A take of a better Cyberpunk.

But it's not for you i guess, since you apparently love to gargle whatever half-baked shit the devs churn out.

harmny

Banned
A take of a better Cyberpunk.

But it's not for you i guess, since you apparently love to gargle whatever half-baked shit the devs churn out.

you got it backwards. is the game the developers designed that is not for you. you should play something else.

that is why your take makes no sense. i can't go to the dark souls OT and say "from software your game should be first person. also i want a branching story with dialogue choices and copy the combat from kingdom come deliverance. oh and add a nemesis system on top of that. yeah and make the game open world with towns and npcs with a day and night cycle and routine".

you are talking about an entirely different game :messenger_tears_of_joy: . it doesn't matter if that's better for you.

tassletine

Are they? Because activision's reputation is shit. Ea's reputation is even worse. Ubisoft reputation is pretty bad. Bethesda's reputation is not good.
And all of them are doing great.
All of those companies have more than one game to fall back on.
From a lot of people's perspective this seems like a blantant cash grab. As soon as CDPR got attention, they seemingly ditched their fanbase.

It's mainly management's fault and I can only imagine what it's like working there at the moment. Management drove the team into this position and now they are being forced to fix those mistakes.
Not just add new stuff to an already polished game, like w3, but do the work they thought was going to be DONE for another year at least. That's utterly demoralising. I very much doubt we will see anything creative come out of this.

I think the best thing they could possibly do is focus on small, easily manageable story mission DLC's. Keep them coming until they overwhelm the game.
What people wanted was a bustling immersive city and if they focus on stories then they may have a chance as they're good writers.

It's not gameplay, reskinning your character, or having multiple styles etc etc that made Witcher great it was story.

Zeusexy

Good luck then. They need to rebuild the game from scratch to fix the huge structural problems in it.

Not to mention the optimization, still dogshit on PC.

Top Bottom