• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt dismisses rumours that Sony may be acquiring it

Draugoth

Gold Member
Rumor shutdown by CDPR PR "Yah, we're not in such talks with Sony"

Rumor shutdown by CDPR CEO Adam Kiciński too: “So, I can repeat what we have been saying throughout the years, CD Projekt is not for sale". “We want to remain independent. We have, I believe an excellent strategy. Not easy to execute, for sure, but it’s very exciting to follow our own path. So it’s a pure rumour.”

He added: “So, I can repeat what we have been saying throughout the years – CD Projekt is not for sale.

“We want to remain independent. We have, I believe an excellent strategy. Not easy to execute, for sure, but it’s very exciting to follow our own path. So it’s a pure rumour.”

Elsewhere in the call, Kiciński stated that Cyberpunk 2077’s upcoming Phantom Liberty expansion will be playable at Summer Game Fest‘s Play Days event.

Also, the person who started this rumor said "Days Gone 2 is in development" but Sony confirmed that Bend is working on a new IP that has multiplayer.

Bend Studio community manager: "It’s truly exhausting. People gotta get those ‘likes’ tho"

feynoob

Banned
They deserve to be independent.
Happy You Good GIF

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I miss the days of companies actually reporting on rumors instead of letting them spread like fucking wildefire for years.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Good ,spend that money somewhere else instead of this overrated publisher

Saber

Gold Member
Why the need to even answer these attention seekers is beyond me. Any idiot can spread rumors, see the amount of dumb "Bloodborne" rumors we get.

Why the need to even answer these attention seekers is beyond me. Any idiot can spread rumors, see the amount of dumb "Bloodborne" rumors we get.

People on this forum go looking for these attention seekers in places like reddit and fucking twitter and then spread their BS here.

Would be nice to have a forum not literred with the faeces from reddit and twitter.

Fredrik

Phew!
Sony can buy whatever console studio they want but they need to stay far away from any dev mainly focused on PC until they stop with their stupid delays.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Well she isn't going to say they are

This.

Moot.

When the fuck has any company confirmed a buyout or acquisition based on a tween and just said "yea, its happening" based on a rumor?

So regardless of if the rumor is true or not, I'd never actually take their word for it as they are not going to break that news like this even if it was happening.

That isn't even how we got those other announcements for anyone to think this is valid. This is that same moot PR shit they always say lol

EDMIX

Wasn't Sony rather annoyed with the company after the Cyberpunk launch debacle and the refund mess? Lol.

I'm not sure that would really change if they bought them or not. As in, their choice to buy them could be based on GOG or the IP and they might already have something in place to fire those people or replace them or have the studio overseen by another trusted developer or something like that.

Top Bottom