• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt Red announces that Cyberpunk 2077's next-gen upgrade is coming Q1 2022

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I’ll just keep my PS4 copy in the drawer until then. Absolutely blown away by the Witcher 3 a short while after launch. Cyberpunk was an awful disappointment on consoles. Crashed my PS5 one too many times and that was it. I’ll potentially go back when this releases but what a fall from grace.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
I'll believe it when I see it. Take a drink for every delay drinking game.

gh6UXU6.gif

Last edited:

Star-Lord

I don’t mind waiting that little bit longer for the next-gen versions of both, as long as they actually run smoothly. CP2077’s launch on last-gen consoles was fucking awful. Don’t let me down, CDPR, I’m counting on you to do this right.

Have they actually announced anything good this past year? Every time they open their mouth, they dig that hole 3 feet deeper.
All they've done is announced sporadic hotfixes that have not improved the game by much or in some cases, have caused the game to be an even hotter mess. All the important things we want like this next-gen patch, free DLC content, and Expansion information has been delayed.

spons

Gold Member
I heard they had a drain of talent from the studio, but they aren't even making the current gen upgrade for The Witcher 3 themselves. Incredible.

DapperSloth

The wait is understandable, they really really REALLY don't want a repeat of the December 2020 launch. I rather they take 1-2 years to work on the game without burning out the crew and hopefully get their vision out to the people.

I heard they had a drain of talent from the studio, but they aren't even making the current gen upgrade for The Witcher 3 themselves. Incredible.

Maybe the job Saber are doing isn’t up to snuff and they don’t want another backlash so they have brought it back in house? Or some shit like that or I could be totally wrong .

It’s a mess really , I was looking forward to replaying Witcher this winter.

JPSLotus97T

My backlog is so massive (hundreds if not thousands of games) that I can handle waiting for the next gen upgrade.

I still wish they would have just delayed this game because there is actually a good game in there if you aren't experiencing glitches.

People are being babies about cyberpunk when I was a kid I would be greatful as hell to have a game like this these are grown men crying about a video game.

The Cyberpunk hate lasted for a second and still sold millions, the game isn't going to be in anyone's top 10 games of all time lists, it's a decent game that was taken advantage of by reviewers over a game just needing a patch.

Untitled.png

Classic example of trying to make a game look bad
No, people are pissed because they made promises and falsely advertised the game. They said the upgrade would come soon after release, then they said quarter 2, now it's 2022 q1 and who knows if they'll delay it again.

You are just labeling peoples legitimate complaints with a name to try to shut people down. What you're doing is worse. Grow up

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
More like Cyberhonk 2077.

Joking aside, it is commendable that CD Projekt keep at the game (and they should), i just hope for them they deliver on the next-gen patch - Making that botched will lose them the remaining inkling of trust they have.

Good news that a proper XSX and PS5 version which should have been available at the game's launch has been delayed after many people (including me) have already waited nearly an entire year?
Seriously it's such BS. We paid $60 for this product based on promises and lies. How this is a good thing I don't know. Remember when it was supposed to be shortly after launch then q1 2021, then q2, now 2022? Are we supposed to believe it's actually coming then?

Fredrik

My backlog is so massive (hundreds if not thousands of games) that I can handle waiting for the next gen upgrade.

I still wish they would have just delayed this game because there is actually a good game in there if you aren't experiencing glitches.
They should never have releases it on last gen consoles, even though there was jank in the PC version too at launch it was the console versions that completely destroyed CDPR’s reputation. As someone who love core RPGs and is mostly immune to RPG combat jank I’ve enjoyed this a ton on PC, it’s a cool RPG with a fantastic narrative and the mod community is still making me return to it even after 250+ hours.

Last edited:

intbal

Seriously it's such BS. We paid $60 for this product based on promises and lies. How this is a good thing I don't know. Remember when it was supposed to be shortly after launch then q1 2021, then q2, now 2022? Are we supposed to believe it's actually coming then?
I paid $12 and I feel thoroughly ripped off.

Mozzarella

I can't understand why people are so angry at these delays, they are not really significant, its just next-gen upgrade lol. Witcher 3 i played 2 times already, so the next-gen upgrade getting delayed doesnt bother me one bit, the game is out there, complete and still looks good, i dont think this upgrade is going to overhaul the whole game, its just improvements in visuals and textures and probably some new minor stuff added. Nothing worth to be angry at.
Cyberpunk 2077 next-gen for consoles is at least more important, its a delay to make better visuals on the PS5/XBox hardware, currently the game runs at PS5 using PS4 technology so that upgrade could be important to people who care a lot about graphics, otherwise it doesnt make sense to be angry if you didnt like/enjoy the game, and many people hate this game so why get angry at this delay? it doesnt make sense.

I already expected Cyberpunk next-gen will be in 2022 and i won't come back to play it unless they release an expansion with it, next-gen is not enough, as for the Witcher i expected it to come this year, carefully timed with the Netflix show, but it got delayed and it doesnt bother me at all.
They delayed it because its not finished and they already learned their lesson about rereleasing unfinished stuff, so again people are just looking for reasons to be angry at this developer that if you chill and think about it, there's no reason to be angry anymore, the shitstorm already happened, the games have their issues, i believe the anger and frustration at this company is done by people who still waiting for the MIRCALE Comeback. its not coming, the only little chance is in the expansions and its little.
And many delays are happening already, i hate delays but it seems to be the trend currently. Elden Ring 5 weeks delay is more frustrating to me than 1 year delay of any next-gen upgrade.

Why does that take so long time?
I can only imagine it's a number of things. Full hands on the pump fixing Cyberpunk issues, DLC expansions and more mean there's limited staff available for this project.

Likely also giving themselves some breathing room so we don't have another Cyberpunk-esque debacle.

I can't understand why people are so angry at these delays, they are not really significant, its just next-gen upgrade lol. Witcher 3 i played 2 times already, so the next-gen upgrade getting delayed doesnt bother me one bit, the game is out there, complete and still looks good, i dont think this upgrade is going to overhaul the whole game, its just improvements in visuals and textures and probably some new minor stuff added. Nothing worth to be angry at.
Cyberpunk 2077 next-gen for consoles is at least more important, its a delay to make better visuals on the PS5/XBox hardware, currently the game runs at PS5 using PS4 technology so that upgrade could be important to people who care a lot about graphics, otherwise it doesnt make sense to be angry if you didnt like/enjoy the game, and many people hate this game so why get angry at this delay? it doesnt make sense.

I already expected Cyberpunk next-gen will be in 2022 and i won't come back to play it unless they release an expansion with it, next-gen is not enough, as for the Witcher i expected it to come this year, carefully timed with the Netflix show, but it got delayed and it doesnt bother me at all.
They delayed it because its not finished and they already learned their lesson about rereleasing unfinished stuff, so again people are just looking for reasons to be angry at this developer that if you chill and think about it, there's no reason to be angry anymore, the shitstorm already happened, the games have their issues, i believe the anger and frustration at this company is done by people who still waiting for the MIRCALE Comeback. its not coming, the only little chance is in the expansions and its little.
And many delays are happening already, i hate delays but it seems to be the trend currently. Elden Ring 5 weeks delay is more frustrating to me than 1 year delay of any next-gen upgrade.
Elden ring got delayed recently?

Metnut

Feb 2022 is going to be an amazing gaming month. Horizon, Elden Ring and likely the true release of CyberPunk.

I’ll probably play Horizon and Elden first to give them another few months to make additionally patches to Cyberpunk.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
Why does that take so long time?
Seems like they are committing to fixing the game as much as they can, then “relaunching” it on new gen consoles once its as polished as they can feasibly get it. I dont think they ever had a release plan for the next gen update, probably just “when its fixed”. I expect now that it and their big expansion will be the major focus of next years relaunch. Doesnt make launching it in early access in 2020 any less slimy though. Embarrassing fucking company

Wasn't Saber working on the current gen native version / update to The Witcher 3?

Since that's been pushed to Q2 '22, Saber too are working on this FUBAR clusterfuck named Cyberpunk 2077, it's last and current gen versions to hit that Q1 '22 target?

Top Bottom