• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt says Witcher 3’s new-gen release is ‘on track’ for late 2022

I mean, I just pulled the quote from the OP and happy to be wrong if the original source has more clarity, but 99% of time when companies talk about 'quarters' they mean FY.

He's basically reiterating what they said in May:

which means Q4 of this year.

That's how I see it.

timothet

They didn't confirm explicitly afaik, but I don't know why they would retrofit Red3 with raytracing instead of just moving to Red4.
Because those are two different engines build for specific games with different requirements in mind. There is a lot of differences between them in various systems(camera work, vehicle handling, streaming, dialogue system, etc). So it's not as easy as just opening W3 files in CP2077 engine. There would need to be done a lot of work to make sure that W3 systems are working correctly in CP2077 engine. I wouldn't assume CDPR would want to do that considering CP2077 engine has problems on its own.

Of course I would welcome all upgrades that would come with new engine with open hands, but I wouldn't count on it and I definitely wouldn't assume it.

Last edited:
Surely we should be getting some sort of announcement for this in the coming weeks?

I have a feeling they might have delayed it till late Q4 because they don't want to disrupt Cyberpunk 2077's recent resurgence in popularity.

Saiyan-Rox

sponge-bob-mr-krabs.gif

Because those are two different engines build for specific games with different requirements in mind.
They're very similar engines when it comes to inner workings, scripting, etc.

Obviously they evolved RED 4 incrementally, and changed a few things, but... They're most likely quite compatible. They even share a plethora of unfixed bugs...

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
This and Darktide are my most anticipated releases. I've put a lot of hours into TW3, but never played any of the DLC. Should be a good time to jump back in.

Well since this is bumped again. Hope they do that cross save cloud thing like cyberpunk. Many people have the game on multiple systems.

timothet

They're very similar engines when it comes to inner workings, scripting, etc.

Obviously they evolved RED 4 incrementally, and changed a few things, but... They're most likely quite compatible. They even share a plethora of unfixed bugs...
Of course they share some code and how they handle certain things on a basic level, but it doesn't matter. At this point they just work too differently across too many systems to make it cost efficient to port W3 to CP2077 engine. There is a reason why they are leaving their in-house engine in favor of Unreal Engine for further projects.

tusharngf

They lied with witcher 3 a couple of years ago when they showed that demo. The game looks nowhere near that level of detail. Now they promised next-gen update. I have zero faith in CDPR. They have been showing something different and delivering something different.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
They lied with witcher 3 a couple of years ago when they showed that demo. The game looks nowhere near that level of detail. Now they promised next-gen update. I have zero faith in CDPR. They have been showing something different and delivering something different.

Modders got you covered.

E3 demo:

PC modded:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Happy to hear the update is free to anybody who currently owns Witcher 3.

Also, if you don't own it already, the game of the year edition with all DLC is currently £6.99 on the PSN store, but the offer ends tonight at 23:59.

Haven't checked the Xbox store yet, so can't comment on that. If you don't own it and have a PlayStation it's absolutely worth £7.

Shut0wen

4YjbqL6.jpg

During the company’s first half earnings call on Wednesday, CD Projekt president and joint CEO Adam Kiciński said the game is “on track” to release during the fourth quarter of 2022.

He also said the company expects its new Witcher saga, which was announced in March, to consist of “more than one game”.

The new-gen edition of Witcher 3 will include DLC items inspired by the Netflix series.

It will be released as a standalone purchase for PC, Xbox Series X/S and PS5, and as a free update for players who already own the game on PC, Xbox One and PS4.

[/URL]
Honwstly if tye series s version is 30fps im gunna lose it, been holding out playing witcher for over a year now

GHG

Gold Member

I just saw this mod that add lighting , shadow , and even TAA into the game . What sorcery is this ?

It looks very very good when paired with texture and grass mods:

I'm waiting to see if they actually end up releasing this so called "remaster" but if not I won't be fussed in all honesty, the PC mods currently available will have most people more than covered.

Kenpachii

Jup played it a year ago with 50 mobs, incredible looking. Only complain i had was grass shimmering, game needs DLSS and RT reflections / shadows.

Last edited:

Neilg

I heard from a reliable source that the delay is because henry cavil is putting himself in the game and re recording all of geralts v/o

ultrazilla

I have the Halk Hogan "The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project" installed and haven't looked back at any other mods.

That said:

CDPR reached out to him to possibly use some/all of his mod for the "Next Generation" update

Halk Hogan:

1 year ago (edited)

Hello my dear friends! It's been a long time since the last video. I know I announced a new HDRP preview in early March but I was silent the whole time. Sorry for that. But in return, I have some good news, and the reasons why I was quiet and why I don't have too much to show. I think the most important news is that I got an official message from CDPR about cooperation. While it's not certain yet, it's very likely that HDRP will be included in the official next generation update. I will inform you what's next. As always, I would like to thank you for all your support and kind words.
❤
️ Greetings!

Last edited:

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
What about just making The Witcher 4?

FUBARx89

Pretty much standard for all game companies. Vertical slices and bullshots galore.

It's a free upgrade. So no, it doesn't have to be any of that.
I think the expectation is that given how long this update has been in development, it's gotta be something kinda special. It's been, like 2 years? And then they moved it in-house, and they're adding DLC based on the show?

Expectations are high, entirely fair or not. Hopefully CDPR knows and understands that. They are nothing without Witcher fans who buy their products. This is really their golden goose.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

I think the expectation is that given how long this update has been in development, it's gotta be something kinda special. It's been, like 2 years? And then they moved it in-house, and they're adding DLC based on the show?

Expectations are high, entirely fair or not. Hopefully CDPR knows and understands that. They are nothing without Witcher fans who buy their products. This is really their golden goose.
I just want 60 fps… it’s literally the only thing I want.

I would really love some better faces and less stiff animation. Really makes the game look dated even though the lighting etc is excellent.

skit_data

Found this, not sure how true it is

About damn time, been holding off playing this until this version arrives. Halfway through last gen I was like
”Now too much time has passed and I still haven’t played Witcher 3, I’ll just wait for the PS5 version”

I guess we’ll see in an hour if it’s true

Last edited:
Top Bottom