• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR announces multiple new projects (New Cyberpunk Game, 3 New Witcher Games, New MP Game)

Draugoth

Gold Member
- New IP codenamed Hadar
- Project Sirius (Witcher project)
- Project Polaris (Witcher 3 sequel, new trilogy)
- Project Canis Majoris (new story-driven Witcher open-world RPG)
- Project Orion (CP2077 sequel)

FePBhM-WYAANTmW

Going forward, CD Projekt Red will also include multiplayer in their next projects as well

FePCHYUXgAU1c3p

Last edited:

Gambit2483

CD Project RED clearly wants to salvage/save the Cyberpunk brand.

Hopefully this next game won't take 7 years to develop and has better leadership

"Project Orion (CP2077 sequel)"

fuck yeah and the haters too :messenger_sunglasses:

Hell yes, really glad to hear that CP2077 won’t just be a one-off as many expected. There’s so much potential for that franchise.
they said from the start they wanted to make multiple cyberpunk games. despite all the issues people had with the game it was still a financial success so.... they'd be kinda stupid to not make another game. good to see it confirmed though.

Last edited:

Hugare

Good, but yeah, this is just absurd lol

I'll probably be an elderly by the time all of these games get released.

All of them being open world (new IP is also probably open world) so ... wow

They are trying to show off for investors, so it makes sense

Last edited:
This this 20 year plan…shoot maybe longer. Imma be 50 by the time these games drop. Planning this far ahead is insanity especially when we don’t know where tech will be.

Last edited:

JayK47

Well great I guess. I do technically want more Witcher games. I am not that excited for multiplayer. The ago old argument that it takes away from the singleplayer game.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Cautiously optimistic for Cyberpunk 2077 Sequel.

You won't catch me there on release date like with the first one, but after going through a hardship and revamping their first game like they did, I believe things will turn out to be way better for the sequel.

Last edited:

Hugare

I just saw right now that they are planning to release the whole new Witcher trilogy in 6 YEARS

Never change, CDPR

Cautiously optimistic for Cyberpunk 2077 Sequel.

You won't catch me there on release date like with the first one, but after going through a hardship and revamping their first game like they did, I believe it will turn out to be way better for the sequel.
moving to Unreal Engine will hopefully help them a lot. Red Engine was fine for Witcher 2 + 3. While they did push it quite far with Cyberpunk it shows that it wasn't built with such a game in mind.

making in house engines these days isn't really worth it. it takes a lot of time and money to make it and learn developers how to use it. countless games use it so it's well documented and more importantly they won't have much problem hiring people with experience of it.

but yeah even with that we need to hope there is better management and give the developers time to work on it without rushing it out to hit financial targets.

FalsettoVibe

Gold Member
CDPR kinda reminds me of Bungie a while back. Big plans but not enough money for said plans.
1000+ employees is a lot of people to pay.

I wonder if they will reuse Night City or go somewhere else. Tokyo would be cool.
It's based on Cyberpunk (pen and paper game) by Mike Pondsmith so it'll be Night City again but probably just set in another time. The original Cyberpunk was set in 2013 then the sequels in 2020, 203X, and then 2045. So likely the Cyberpunk 2077 sequel will be set no early that the 2080's but I would guess more chance of it being set around 2110-2140.

If we see any other locations it'll likely be only a short visit during a quest or something.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
It's based on Cyberpunk (pen and paper game) by Mike Pondsmith so it'll be Night City again but probably just set in another time. The original Cyberpunk was set in 2013 then the sequels in 2020, 203X, and then 2045. So likely the Cyberpunk 2077 sequel will be set no early that the 2080's but I would guess more chance of it being set around 2110-2140.

If we see any other locations it'll likely be only a short visit during a quest or something.

They mention Tokyo a bunch in the game and other cities. Is the pen and paper game only set in Night City?

Metnut

Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk were both fantastic. Two of my favorite games. Anything they put out in the future is a must buy for me. I’ll be there on day 399.

They mention Tokyo a bunch in the game and other cities. Is the pen and paper game only set in Night City?
Well of course those cities exist in the universe but the primary setting is always Night City.

If CDPR wanted to take it somewhere else they could ask Mike Pondsmith for permission I suppose.

Edit: I should also add that while Night City now has it's only lore/history it was originally meant to be a place for players to come up with their own vision for a city. So with that in mind CDPR could theoritically completely redesign the city but it'll still be based in California between San Francisco/Los Angeles.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Regarding Cyberpunk Sequel:
“Another project that we want to focus on is Orion, again it’s a codename, the next Cyberpunk game that will fully unleash the potential that this universe offers. Our ambitious plans will require a lot of work, dedication and further growth of the team.

“Speaking of which I have important news to share. We are creating a new studio based in North America. Next to The Molasses Flood—which will remain solely focused on Sirius—we are setting up a team in Boston, that together with our existing Vancouver-based team will establish CD Projekt RED North America. This studio will be in charge of leading development of Orion. This move will enable us to fully draw upon the North American talent pool.”

Regarding Cyberpunk Sequel:
“Another project that we want to focus on is Orion, again it’s a codename, the next Cyberpunk game that will fully unleash the potential that this universe offers. Our ambitious plans will require a lot of work, dedication and further growth of the team.

“Speaking of which I have important news to share. We are creating a new studio based in North America. Next to The Molasses Flood—which will remain solely focused on Sirius—we are setting up a team in Boston, that together with our existing Vancouver-based team will establish CD Projekt RED North America. This studio will be in charge of leading development of Orion. This move will enable us to fully draw upon the North American talent pool.”
Makes sense I guess? It'll be a lot easier to get people to go work in the USA than Poland.

YukiOnna

Makes sense I guess? It'll be a lot easier to get people to go work in the USA than Poland.
With RED team having 350 people on Phantom Liberty, it's a good move. I also hope they will be smart in reusing assets so that the development length is a lot shorter. Dev pipeline had to have improved overtime, as well.

J3nga

It's under promise and over deliver, not the other way around CDPR. All this stuff is light-years away, why even announce unless for the sake of the announcement? Do what you must and announce when you have something.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

Good to know this stuff is in the pipeline, but yeah hard to get excited about games so far out.

Last edited:
With RED team having 350 people on Phantom Liberty, it's a good move. I also hope they will be smart in reusing assets so that the development length is a lot shorter. Dev pipeline had to have improved overtime, as well.
I don't know about reusing assets between engines (i'm not a game developer) but yeah if that's possible it would be great. A city like NC must've took a long time to design and plan out so they can at least use that as a template for the next version of NC.

Saber

Gold Member
Its hard to be that excited, judging the old events that happened plus this "multiplayer" thing. Only time will tell, and boy... huge emphasys on time because we won't be seeing most of them anytime soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom