• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR insists that The Witcher 3 next-gen upgrade is not in "development hell"

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It’s costs $1000s of dollars to share a screenshot Lmao get real
It will look something along the lines of this 4K PC screenshot
Jlhqc35.jpeg

Twitter updates costs 1000s of dollars?
WHat sort of update are you looking for? "Hey guys, you need a reminder that this is coming"

They have said it's coming at the end of the year. They've told you all you need to know.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
The patch would have been out by now if it wasn't for CDPR re-evaluating working with the Russian development house it was being worked on at.
that was after a year and a half lmao maybe they shouldn’t announce stuff before they even started working on it

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

Well... okay... just please don't report me, okay?

I was playing Infamous Second Son not so long ago and it could really use a next-gen patch to lock it at 4k/60FPS (which I'm sure PS5 can do) and a better draw distance / LOD management. But I don's see Sony developers taking their time, money and effort to preserver their games and bring them to current-day standard. Not for free at least.

Yes, I said it. You can report me now! :messenger_grinning_sweat:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
It’s costs $1000s of dollars to share a screenshot Lmao get real

Why spend even a $1 for a patch that's free? When it's ready, you'll hear about it. And if it's good a word of mouth will do the rest of the job.

Nobody forced them to announce this before the next gen consoles were released

Nobody forced you to care about it. If you in such a rush, just get a PC and install some mods. Game looks FIRE on PC.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Well... okay... just please don't report me, okay?

I was playing Infamous Second Son not so long ago and it could really use a next-gen patch to lock it at 4k/60FPS (which I'm sure PS5 can do) and a better draw distance / LOD management. But I don's see Sony developers taking their time, money and effort to preserver their games and bring them to current-day standard. Not for free at least.

Yes, I said it. You can report me now! :messenger_grinning_sweat:

tXL4Jtb.png

NeonGhost

Why spend even a $1 for a patch that's free? When it's ready, you'll hear about it. And if it's good a word of mouth will do the rest of the job.

Nobody forced you to care about it. If you in such a rush, just get a PC and install some mods. Game looks FIRE on PC.
breakfast noise GIF

deathsaber

I get it takes time and work and I have no doubt it will release.

But I maintain- go play Witcher 3 right now on a series X- 4k/60fps- pure bliss. The game already feels next gen as shit. IMO any "enhanced" features they add (ray tracing) which I'm guessing will force them into a lower resolution, or a more wavering frame rate- will actually feel like a downgrade to me. This patch actually worries me a little (though I'm sure there will be the usually frame rate/resolution modes present), as the current product is so good.

This has been one of my most anticipated releases since i brought my PS5.

We just have to be patient. The game has been surrounded by unfortunate circumstances, and such has been the nature of the gaming industry for the past 2 years now.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
This has been one of my most anticipated releases since i rbought my PS5.

We just have to be patient. The game has been surrounded by unfortunate circumstances, and such has been the nature of the gaming industry for the past 2 years now.
Not only that, if anyone REALLY wants to play Witcher 3, it can had for dirt cheap on Playstation and Xbox. THe Xbox Series X is currently the best version as it has a 60 fps version. PS5 version would unfortunately be stuck in 30 fps.

When the next gen update arrives, I'm fully expecting it will look like a higher settings on PC game running at 60 fps. I'd go apeshit for a 120 fps mode and a ray tracing 40 fps mode.

I'd dream for it to have some extra content. Mainly I'd love for a small sidequest where Ciri and Geralt go after the final Crone. Some gameplay tweaks I'd love would be for it to allow Grandmaster Witcher gear to be upgradeable.

All of this is unlikely, but I'd love it!

Last edited:
Not only that, if anyone REALLY wants to play Witcher 3, it can had for dirt cheap on Playstation and Xbox. THe Xbox Series X is currently the best version as it has a 60 fps version.

When the next gen update arrives, I'm fully expecting it will look like a higher settings on PC game running at 60 fps. I'd go apeshit for a 120 fps mode and a ray tracing 40 fps mode.

I'd dream for it to have some extra content. Mainly I'd love for a small sidequest where Ciri and Geralt go after the final Crone. Some gameplay tweaks I'd love would be for it to allow Grandmaster Witcher gear to be upgradeable.

I'm still pretty annoyed the PS5 version doesn't have a 60 FPS mode (it plays it through the PS4 Pro BC Profile), however if you do have the original disc and without patches, you can play it at 60 FPS on the PS5 but it'll be riddled with bugs.

I'd be curious to see what we'll get on the next-gen consoles in terms of graphical settings, I was expecting some big things honestly but CDPR's next-gen update for the consoles was very mediocre.

But heck, instant load-times, higher resolution, 60 FPS is still a massive boost for some like me who's only had a chance to play it on the PS4. Higher resolution textures and ray-tracing are just cherries on the top!

As for additional content, they did say they'll have some new content from the Netflix DLC such as swords and armour, I just hope they haven't reworked Geralt's face model to match Henry Cavill's. I'd be over the moon if we get some new quests/missions but I doubt it, however it's not like any of us have explored or unearthed the game in it's entirety. But yeahh we'll see!

Not only that, if anyone REALLY wants to play Witcher 3, it can had for dirt cheap on Playstation and Xbox. THe Xbox Series X is currently the best version as it has a 60 fps version. PS5 version would unfortunately be stuck in 30 fps.

Take out the boring ass Ciri running bit

Skifi28

You actually made me look.

DUaOY8E.png

It was announced in 2020, in 2021 it got a delay for Q2 2022 and then a further delay for Q4 2022. All that for a glorified patch, entire games have been made in the same timeframe, jesus. And then people are crazy for doubting the new release window considering they haven't shown anything or even talked about what the update is actually improving.

NeonGhost

EDMIX

Didn't they say that last year too? It's hard to blame folk for being skeptical when it comes to CDPR and release dates.

lol I'm saying.

These are the last fuckers to really be believing shit from. When they say something will be out on some date...I'll believe it when I see it and when they say it will look like this or that, show us the game and I'll see on release.

They've lied about so much shit, anyone should be skeptical on anything that they say.

Top Bottom