• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Celebrate Pride in Overwatch 2 event, + 2 more characters are gay

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb

Name Cards allow you to choose how you identify within the game, and you’ll notice specific ones dedicated to some of our LGBTQ+ heroes. You’ll find a lesbian card for Tracer, a gay card for Soldier: 76, a pansexual card for Lifeweaver, as well as a bisexual card for Baptiste and a lesbian card for Pharah. For years, players have speculated on the sexual orientations of Baptiste and Pharah, and we are thrilled to not only include them in these Pride cosmetics but to also publish a brand new short story focusing on their identities, each other, and themselves.
xzQRTu9.png

Edit: will be blocked in certain countries.

Last edited:

simpatico

Gold Member
I want to hear the debate among people who feel strongly about the intersex inclusive progress flag and think the progress pride flag just isn't doing enough. I think what they're all missing the big picture on, is even with all these flags, none are gayer than the Canadian maple leaf flag.

Last edited:
This stuff is so obnoxious. I hope it starts to really hurt Overwatch 2's popularity soon.

"Name Cards allow you to choose how you identify within the game, and you’ll notice specific ones dedicated to some of our LGBTQ+ heroes. You’ll find a lesbian card for Tracer, a gay card for Soldier: 76, a pansexual card for Lifeweaver, as well as a bisexual card for Baptiste and a lesbian card for Pharah. For years, players have speculated on the sexual orientations of Baptiste and Pharah, and we are thrilled to not only include them in these Pride cosmetics but to also publish a brand new short story focusing on their identities, each other, and themselves."

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
This stuff is so obnoxious. I hope it starts to really hurt Overwatch 2's popularity soon.

"Name Cards allow you to choose how you identify within the game, and you’ll notice specific ones dedicated to some of our LGBTQ+ heroes. You’ll find a lesbian card for Tracer, a gay card for Soldier: 76, a pansexual card for Lifeweaver, as well as a bisexual card for Baptiste and a lesbian card for Pharah. For years, players have speculated on the sexual orientations of Baptiste and Pharah, and we are thrilled to not only include them in these Pride cosmetics but to also publish a brand new short story focusing on their identities, each other, and themselves."

It's not that serious. It is corporate virtue signalling, they don't actually care about being progressive and inclusive. This is more about meeting the status quo.

Roni

Gold Member

What should really hurt Overwatch 2 is Blizzard dropping the mode they advertised in order to convince people Overwatch 1 needed a sequel.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Diablo Pride Edition Series S should be announced by now. Get off that Bean Bag chair Phil, and get to the bottom of this.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Fantastic news, we need more of this, cant wait for the day when the pendulum has swang completely the other way and straight white men are getting kicked in by rainbow flag weilding mandem.

Real talk though, my brothers gay, but he hates all this shit, just wants to be left the fuck alone and not made a deal out of it.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I still don’t know why any of this matters and how this lgbt stuff got so much traction in gaming.
Why would I want everyone to know who I like to screw. Why is it so important for everyone to know that I like to dress up.

Fighting with violence and abuse against/ towards gay couples is the goal. But not here with this. The fact that it is so important to keep adding letters to lgbtq is speaking for itself… it’s nonsense

Overwatch released in 2016, and only now do we find out Pharah is attracted to women. If that was truly such an important aspect to her character, we would have known before, right?

The fact that they're revealing this stuff years later, for a pride event, just to garner attention and approval just feels manipulative and exploitative. It's a disservice to their own creation, the players and even the queer community they pretend to care so much about. Disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom