• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Changing name on PSN. How bad is it?

Mr Hyde

I'm thinking about changing PSN username but I'm hesitant to do it because it could cause some problems. I've read horror stories on the internet but it's hard to tell if it's accurate or if it's people trolling. Does anyone have any experience of this? What can get compromised if I change names? Trophies? Messages? Friend list? I use my account on both PS3 and PS5.

jm89

I changed it when they first allowed it, never had any problems.

I saw a video a while back where someome tried PS3 games and I think one the cod games was crashing.

Last edited:

Kvally

Banned
I'm thinking about changing PSN username but I'm hesitant to do it because it could cause some problems. I've read horror stories on the internet but it's hard to tell if it's accurate or if it's people trolling. Does anyone have any experience of this? What can get compromised if I change names? Trophies? Messages? Friend list? I use my account on both PS3 and PS5.
I did it last week. Works flawlessly.

For anything current it’s not a problem, I had some issues with some older games. Older call of duty games on PS3 my stats reset, and in some cases like modern warfare 2 where the servers are messed up, you can’t level up anymore with a new account. But for the most part everything worked fine, I checked random games like assassin’s creed 3 online, bad company 2, red dead redemption 1 online and everything was fine. I didn’t have a single issue with any PS4 titles. Other than that, there are no issues at all, not with friends list or trophies or anything like that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom