• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Ass Gamer Comic #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Its from a games website but I don't really think its gaming related so I'm posting this here.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/comic/comic1.php

Its no Perry Bible, but its funnier than a certain other online strip. At least I can totally sympathize with this. It's also got an alternate ending. I guess they couldn't decide on how to end it.

cag1a.jpg

It could have/should have ended this way...
cag1b.jpg

OMG ITS FUNNY BECAUSE WORST BUY REPRESENTS BEST BUY AND BEST BUY PIMPS THEIR WARANTEYS

Even PA on its worst day is better than this trash.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Mike Works said:
That was really fucking retarded. Worst Buy? Jesus Christ.

I guess you have to know about the Best Buy/Cheap Ass Gamer situation a while back. CAG was affliated with Best Buy to have Best Buy ads on their site or whatver, and in return CAG gets revenue when someone clicks on a Best Buy ad. For some weird reason, Best Buy decided to stop putting banners on the CAG site because the URL had the word "ASS" in it, and that they don't deal with sites that use such 'language'. Ironically, Best Buy carries products that have the word "ass" in it...

Either way, I don't think calling Best Buy = Worst Buy was suppose to be a joke, it's just that the site owner was pissed about Best Buy after the situation

And I didn't even know the site had a comic, haha. I don't even go through the front page anymore, I just have the forum bookmarked cause that's where the gold (cheap ass deals) are

Wario64 said:
I guess you have to know about the Best Buy/Cheap Ass Gamer situation a while back. CAG was affliated with Best Buy to have Best Buy ads on their site or whatver, and in return CAG gets revenue when someone clicks on a Best Buy ad. For some weird reason, Best Buy decided to stop putting banners on the CAG site because the URL had the word "ASS" in it, and that they don't deal with sites that use such 'language'. Ironically, Best Buy carries products that have the word "ass" in it...

Either way, I don't think calling Best Buy = Worst Buy was suppose to be a joke, it's just that the site owner was pissed about Best Buy after the situation

And I didn't even know the site had a comic, haha. I don't even go through the front page anymore, I just have the forum bookmarked cause that's where the gold (cheap ass deals) are
Does knowing that make it funny? All they were addressing was BB's warranty pushers, which is well documented, as you know, on SA's forums. The entire joke was that Best Buy pushes warranty's and they're named Worst Buy in the strip (get it?).

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I don't really see anything funny in the comic... seemed pretty stupid to me. But I think the intended joke in the strip is the way Best Buy shoves extended warranties to the customer

The "Worst Buy" isn't really suppose to be a joke itself though. It's like calling Ninja Gaiden = C-

Seth C

That shit? Funnier than Penny Arcade? On a bad day they might be equal, but the funny content of that strip was zero.

Wario64 said:

Thanks for the explanation, but I love how webcomics these days are nothing more than outlets for idiots to trash whoever without any regard as to making a comic strip that makes any sense. The fact that you have to read a thrity page paragraph in Penny Arcade is why I find that strip so lame. If you tell me a joke and then give me 5,000 explaining the joke, then it wasn't very funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom