• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Check ouf this weird Chinese counterfeit U.S. dollar I found today

teezzy

Banned
Was walking my dog as I usually do on a Saturday afternoon when I stumbled across this strange bill in the grass along a major nearby road

20220709_184416.jpg

20220709_184421.jpg

It's an American single dollar bill. Feels and looks authentic beyond all get put apart from the obvious Chinese markings on it

Took the liberty of doing a quick Google Lens search to translate the text

Resized_Screenshot_20220709-184642_Google.jpeg

This only led me to be even more curious, so I went ahead and further searched, stumbling upon this article

Apparently these bills are used by Chinese banks so employees learn how to bot only identify but appropriately count American currency. How the heck it ended up on the side of the road in my neighborhood is a genuine mystery

Just thought I'd share this unique experience ☺️

Was walking my dog as I usually do on a Saturday afternoon when I stumbled across this strange bill in the grass along a major nearby road

20220709_184416.jpg

20220709_184421.jpg

It's an American single dollar bill. Feels and looks authentic beyond all get put apart from the obvious Chinese markings on it

Took the liberty of doing a quick Google Lens search to translate the text

Resized_Screenshot_20220709-184642_Google.jpeg

This only led me to be even more curious, so I went ahead and further searched, stumbling upon this article

Apparently these bills are used by Chinese banks so employees learn how to bot only identify but appropriately count American currency. How the heck it ended up on the side of the road in my neighborhood is a genuine mystery

Just thought I'd share this unique experience ☺️
OGzmyWF.gif

Erdrick

German shepard/Rottweiler mix. Her name is Ruby

cc5cb97e-ecc2-401e-96a8-1ad8012af221.png

20200808-171004-1.jpg

The 2nd pic makes me think you should rename her "Dr. Tongue".

Definitely an odd find to see while in the neighbourhood. I usually just see roadkill or random cats that come around for petting in my neck of the woods.

BeardGawd

Banned
Honestly I never even considered this but it has me curious. Could a foreign country print a ton of very realistic fake money and then use it to take advantage of said country?

Scotty W

Gold Member
teezzy teezzy I have a Vitnamese/US bill like that.

It might be related to a Buddhist/Chinese religious practice practice where they burn money to send cash to their ancestors in the afterlife.

If you ever see their little shrines you will often see some fruit and wine, and occasionally toy cars and pictures of iphones.

It always struck me as funny that the US dollar is stronger even in the afterlife.

Top Bottom