• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

China calls for less 'effeminate' men in videogames and bans 'gay love'

Woodchipper

I wish bro; would be convenient.. have you seen how good the gays have it? They do like club nights where it's just guys in tighey whities and everyone just bones who they want.

Nothing gay about loving a nice butthole! Lots of gays actually aren't into that really.

But my wife's is irresistible.
I know, I was just joking, lol. Not my cup of tea necessarily, but one of my friends (straight as an arrow) won’t shut up about them buttholes. He’s obsessed.

Woodchipper

Although, Blizzard replacing a minor painting of a female in warcraft with a fruit bowl is inching to be more in line with that idea lol
Man, I hate shit like that as well, don’t get me wrong, but that’s got nothing to do with neither government nor media. That’s just some stupid asshole at Blizzard.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
More like..

Booo hazam.

old west gun GIF by GritTV

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF by Justin

Boglin

Man, I hate shit like that as well, don’t get me wrong, but that’s got nothing to do with neither government nor media. That’s just some stupid asshole at Blizzard.
The comment I quoted only mentioned "the west", not necessarily the government or the media, which I think is accurate to say.
Regardless, my response to him really was more about his uncompromising language use and how it doesn't foster cordial discussion in today's social climate. I wasn't trying to speak of his overall message.

In regards to the guy at Blizzard, I do think there is a valid concern that there is a growing amount of those stupid assholes influencing western game design. I wouldn't be able to point out to where it's stemming from though.

Anyway, I know your original point is that it's not the same thing as what China is doing and I wholeheartedly agree. People refraining from displaying certain types of content voluntarily is not comparable to an authoritarian government instituting a content ban.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

The comment I quoted only mentioned "the west", not necessarily the government or the media, which I think is accurate to say.
Regardless, my response to him really was more about his uncompromising language use and how it doesn't foster cordial discussion in today's social climate. I wasn't trying to speak of his overall message.

In regards to the guy at Blizzard, I do think there is a valid concern that there is a growing amount of those stupid assholes influencing western game design. I wouldn't be able to point out to where it's stemming from though.

Anyway, I know your original point is that it's not the same thing as what China is doing and I wholeheartedly agree. People refraining from displaying certain types of content voluntarily is not comparable to an authoritarian government instituting a content ban.
I'll try keep it simple.

What women usually look like:
COGtdyAWUAEmozs.jpg

What developers are putting in games:
sddefault.jpg

ZywyPL

Banned
Great move 👍 West is seriously fucked up nowadays with this whole woke agenda/Twitter mob getting out of control and affecting all entertaining media for everyone out there, stop spamming this shit already, I won't change my gender/orientation, I'm not interested.

Duchess

Personally, the thing that's winding me up the most about woke culture is this fucking pronoun nonsense.

We don't need to add pronoun options to everything, people.

Also, it's okay to assume a person's gender based on their name and appearance. If someone isn't actually male or female, they'll let you know. Otherwise, in 99.999999% of cases you'll be good.

EDIT: I've realised this post is amusing, given my username. But anyone who watches Archer will know what that's all about..! :)

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Can you list the games in which the women seem more butch, and list it against the games with women that are more feminine. Then your argument might hold weight.
Not just butch but they are also well known to make them intentionally ugly. And that list would be too long.

SkylineRKR

Minors should not be exposed to any sexuality in my opinion. I think that if a is games for mature audiences then It is all good. Kids can be easily persuaded and manipulated. I believe that if they are homosexual by birth it will develop naturally, but I also believe that some people can be influenced. I'm an afro latino and I don't mind seeing diversity of race in games as long as it is not forced. A lot of games lately are focused on forcing agendas on players and I'm not a fan.

Bro you can't be influenced. Its there or it isn't there. If you seriously think your intrinsic sexual preference can be altered by watching media you should wake up. This just means that kids who do come out after watching someone else have always had these feelings in the first place but perhaps needed that trigger to come out. If anything that something positive.

By keeping it a secret, hiding it from and supressing those feelings it only gets worse. But trust me you don't turn gay, bi or straight overnight. In some cases its an experimental phase if youngsters are uncertain about themselves, but they ultimately find the answer.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Can you list the games in which the women seem more butch, and list it against the games with women that are more feminine. Then your argument might hold weight.
Here’s what we’ve had this year from the big titles:

The Medium
images

Destruction All-Stars
images

Control (Re-release)
images

Avengers (Re-release)
images

Life is strange
Life_Is_Strange_-_True_Colors.png

And let’s not forget the upcoming greats like
Halo 5: (notice the voice actress is way hotter)
images

And of course Horizon
images

Personally, the thing that's winding me up the most about woke culture is this fucking pronoun nonsense.

We don't need to add pronoun options to everything, people.

Also, it's okay to assume a person's gender based on their name and appearance. If someone isn't actually male or female, they'll let you know. Otherwise, in 99.999999% of cases you'll be good.

EDIT: I've realised this post is amusing, given my username. But anyone who watches Archer will know what that's all about..! :)

The more this shit goes on, the more I start to side with China and Islam. It's so weird. Freedom is the main reason why i like the west, and every day it diminishes.
It doesn't help that our freedom is pretty much fake too. Tech overlords from the west coast of the US and Canada rule us now. And our governments, which don't directly dictate anything, let it happen because the way the tech overlords are ruling over us is very helpful to the status quo.

BlackTron

I understand. I fully expect a good percentage of wokeness is foreign destabilisation efforts, and dumbasses follow along. But we’re getting into conspiracy territory with such theorising.

But doing business in China, means towing the China line.

Sorry, when I said you don't understand, I meant it sarcastically -not that you literally don't get it.

What I mean is that yes, companies will have to adopt CCP's standards in China, but I doubt that CCP will care that they have a double standard elsewhere in the world.

But to be fair, developers now have a challenge on how to make a game that they want to release in both territories. Do you appease the twitter mob or the CCP? You are probably right that they will slowly ease back on the wokeness because they want to follow the money.

Blizzard is the worst, trying to appease both sides and looking utterly stupid in the process. It's depressing how much more real-life Americans are worried about pocket-padding than the future of the free world.

Woodchipper

The more this shit goes on, the more I start to side with China and Islam. It's so weird. Freedom is the main reason why i like the west, and every day it diminishes.
This is hands down the most stupid shit I have ever read on the internet.

Makes you laugh dont it, but yeah, you aint getting a reply. You just a damn Bigot
Show us a picture of your girlfriend why don’t you?

Last edited:
Most new games?

Infact, why dont you show us new western games where the female is straight up feminine, that looks nice with big tits?

We'll wait.

The witcher 3, tomb raider (croft) , control, and Horizon all have pretty female leads imo.

They may not have specific cup size you wish but

A) it's a video game character
B) would you really call a hot girl ugly because she doesn't have big tits
C) are male characters ugly because he doesn't have a huge trouser snake?

Last edited:
Ok, now I know you’re trolling. You almost had me, lol.
I am saying it is the end result of all this stuff. You are going to be sent to jail for the dumbest shit in the future. As we lose more and more freedom I am starting to side more and more with China and the Islam. But yeah Islam before China.

Majority of western companies build their shit in china so we are fucked anyway.

20 years ago the majority of what i sell for livinjg was made in italy, europe at worse, now it's all fucking made in china.
Because governments have no balls to impose heavy tariffs and measures so that that rich people cant keep their money elsewhere and other such tax avoidance measures.

Woodchipper

I am saying it is the end result of all this stuff. You are going to be sent to jail for the dumbest shit in the future. As we lose more and more freedom I am starting to side more and more with China and the Islam. But yeah Islam before China.
There’s no indication whatsoever that what you’re saying is true though. You’re just making shit up.

iorek21

I don’t know if I laugh at this news or if I try to be a mature person and say that it’s wrong.

Oh, whatever, Bioware is fuuuuu

There’s no indication whatsoever that what you’re saying is true though. You’re just making shit up.
What do you mean there is no indication? What would be good indication to you? Just recently the Australian government is legally allowed to read our emails without our permission or warrant, unless we protect ourselves with specific email programs we are screwed.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
The witcher 3, tomb raider (croft) , control, and Horizon all have pretty female leads imo.
I like Control but the main character is a girl with the face of a man. Kind of hilarious. The rest I can agree with even if I heavily prefer OG Lara Croft.

Top Bottom