• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

China calls for less 'effeminate' men in videogames and bans 'gay love'

MMaRsu

Banned
The more this shit goes on, the more I start to side with China and Islam. It's so weird. Freedom is the main reason why i like the west, and every day it diminishes.
So you like a totalitarianism state or a religion to keep you in check?

Rather women shrouded in veils so you cant see em?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that

What kind of freedom has diminished in the West?

Sure, that’s fucked up. Do you not have free speech in Australia though?
It is there but it is eroded every day. Like Australia is founded on convicts who stole bread to survive. The police were descended from their jailors. Police here are far worse than the police in the USA.

EDIT: I suspect i am derailing the thread with this stuff, so i will cool it for now.

Last edited:

Shmunter

It is there but it is eroded every day. Like Australia is founded on convicts who stole bread to survive. The police were descended from their jailors. Police here are far worse than the police in the USA.

EDIT: I suspect i am derailing the thread with this stuff, so i will cool it for now.
I’m sure many did more than stealing bread, lol.

Kdad

Sure, that’s fucked up. Do you not have free speech in Australia though?
The bill introduces three new powers for law-enforcement agencies:

1. “data disruption warrants” allow authorities to “disrupt data” by copying, deleting or modifying data as they see fit
  2. “network activity warrants” permit the collection of intelligence from devices or networks that are used, or likely to be used, by subject of the warrant
  3. “account takeover warrants” let agencies take control of an online account (such as a social media account) to gather information for an investigation.
There is also an “emergency authorisation” procedure that allows these activities without a warrant under certain circumstances.

They are overblowing things. Also, Aus has the freedom to vote in a new government to change these things....or are they proposing that Aus is moving to a one party state too.

Kev Kev

Eh, I don’t care how manly or effeminate a man or woman is

but less effeminate men in final fantasy (read: nearly all of the men in FF) would be appreciated. As it is now, every character is insufferably girly looking, dressed and just aren’t very manly. I believe the reason is to not make the player feel self conscious, since most of them are skinny, nerds who are not very manly themselves, but a little more testosterone in my characters would be great.

Auron from FFX is a good example of a manly character, and everyone loves him so I think it’d be good for square to have more of that

other than that I honestly don’t care and don’t see the problem

kevm3

China knows what happens when society is filled to the brim with feminized men. If a secular, communist nation can realize it, then what else needs to be said?

Shmunter

China knows what happens when society is filled to the brim with feminized men. If a secular, communist nation can realize it, then what else needs to be said?
Ironically, feminized men have been the bookend to all civilisations

Our generations war is coming. China Vs The west. Not sure where Russia will sit in all this, nor the Middle East.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

I like Control but the main character is a girl with the face of a man. Kind of hilarious. The rest I can agree with even if I heavily prefer OG Lara Croft.
See the thing is, Witcher 3, the devs didnt give a shit and it was made years ago, before this really took off. Control? Damn, theres no sexy there, not even in the various outfits, nothing, pure boner killer ingame. Tomb raider? One of the worst offenders of 'un sexy' women syndrome. Lara's now some pin up for the worst type of women, crying, feelings every five fucking seconds, un flattering..

The original Lara? Sexy, edgy, she knew her shit and could get it done, she didnt take shit

Take that into real life, which version of Lara would you want?

Most of these 'new' females in games nowdays a real bloke wouldnt even entertain the very idea of talking to them. They look a mess and act a damn mess. But then look at who half of them are made by, most of the 'devs' hate men to begin with.. Jesus

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

NickFire

I'm kind of, no not kind of, I'm really surprised that people were caught off guard by them making their social views public policy. Like seriously, did the courting of Chinese money by certain companies, or China's ability to make products dirt cheap, really blind people to this degree??? Come on people, we are talking about a communist country that still puts religious minorities into camps last I heard.

Anyway, hopefully this starts to wake people up in the West, and maybe, just maybe, get people to start remembering that their neighbors aren't so bad after all.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Take that into real life, which version of Lara would you want?
lara croft GIF by Tomb Raider

or

tomb-raider.jpg

OZ9000

Banned
I applaud China's stance on this as I personally believe we have seen a decline in moral values in the Western world.

The rate at which we're seeing people confused about their own identity and gender is rising at an alarming rate, and it's no coincidence this is the type of shit you'll only encounter in comfortable first world regions only.

There is this push to make men appear to be pansy like creatures, and make women as manly as possible. Find that very bizarre, and it's so common place in gaming!

Azurro

Banned
This thread really brought out the residential cretins hasn't it?

Really thought the one unifying factor for all of us would be the renunciation of all things China (from their political side of things anyway) but I see that has been naive of me.

I'd say that I disagree with the very existence of something like the CCP. However, at least on this aspect, they are not wrong.

The woke western virus is insidious, so at least it'll be interesting. Will they please the Twitter blue haired buttpluggers? Or will they please China?

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
We can coexist and accept adult members of the lgbtq community but I'm against promoting it in children. They can be manipulated easily and I believe that it's better to let them develop naturally without people outside the family with an agenda trying to influence them.
You are saying the same BS that has been discredited many times over - that homosexuality is a choice thus by promoting it we will turn young people gay.

It’s scientifically wrong. All the research points out to sexual orientation being determined at birth. You cannot ‘convince’ someone to be gay by showing them pictures of men.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
The character, man. The 'character'

Did that really need explaning? No wonder we're fucked :messenger_tears_of_joy:
old Lara is certainly more confident, but I thought it was about the looks too and she does look better, even though her character is a lot less appealing/bad ass.

Anyway, new Lara isn't looking like a guy or "ugly", so I wouldn't call her an offender of being unsexy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zathalus

Greek & Roman
Where on earth did you get that idea. The reasons for the fall of the Greek city states and the Roman empire are well documented and had nothing to do with effeminate men at all.

Hell, as Rome became Christian, homosexuality was made far more illegal then it ever was, eventually being outlawed with the death penalty. This was around the time the Empire was split and both Western and Eastern Rome were firmly Christian and severely against homosexuality of any kind when they fell.

Shmunter

Where on earth did you get that idea. The reasons for the fall of the Greek city states and the Roman empire are well documented and had nothing to do with effeminate men at all.

Hell, as Rome became Christian, homosexuality was made far more illegal then it ever was, eventually being outlawed with the death penalty. This was around the time the Empire was split and both Western and Eastern Rome were firmly Christian and severely against homosexuality of any kind when they fell.
There are all sorts of complex matters that lead to a civilisation’s decline. What I read was that towards the final days of those empires the pinnacle of liberal freedoms and sexual non conformance was a hallmark. Two things can be true at once.

Was the Roman Empire The Roman Empire pre or post Christianity?

Vaelka

The funny thing is that then they're totally fine with half-naked men ( so long as they're muscular and/ or not gay I guess? ), but they censor the living hell out of female characters nowadays.

To the point that midriff isn't okay in a lot of games and gets censored, and it's not just Western devs having to do it it's Chinese devs being forced to as well.

China: Half-naked men okay, half-naked women not okay.

Also China: NO HOMO!

Last edited:

Zathalus

There are all sorts of complex matters that lead to a civilisation’s decline. What I read was that towards the final days of those empires the pinnacle of liberal freedoms and sexual non conformance was a hallmark. Two things can be true at once.

Was the Roman Empire The Roman Empire pre or post Christianity?
The Roman Empire became Christian and homosexuality was outlawed well before it was split into the Western and Eastern halves. It was firmly Christian in what is classically considered the decline and eventual fall of both empires. The Byzantine Empire being super Christian is not even up for debate, they took part in the Crusades.

The Western Roman Empire at the time of its fall was way less decadent and tolerant of sexuality then what is considered the peak of the Roman Empire (for example, pederasty was more in earlier Roman eras, but even then was somewhat frowned down upon and laws enacted against it such as the Lex Scantinia, homosexuality of all forms was firmly outlawed and punishable by death when Rome fell), and its collapse were due to numerous reasons and had nothing to with the men being homosexual, or enjoying greater liberal freedoms (which it appears from all accounts, to not be the case). It was Christian at the time, but I don't believe the religion had any impact on the fall of the Empire itself.

Both the Greek City States and the Roman Empire were both rather more open to homosexuality at the respective peaks of each civilisation, although to make it clear, despite being more open to homosexuality it was still considered lesser and less "manly" to be the penetrated person.

V4skunk

Banned
In China teaching children about lgbt degeneracy is classed as cultural terrorism and has very stiff prison penalties.
Don't let REEEEEsetera know.

Some opinions just show how big a fuckwad someone is...the rest of thier opinions likely follow the same path. I'm here for fun chat and insight, not some 1950s homophobe rally
Great, I agree with your argument of throwing mud around, it's much insightful.

No need to go back to the 1950s for homophobia, even institutionalized one... it's right there in the laws of many countries, no need to act like this is the most pressing issue in the western democracies.

tommib

Hey mods, if you’re going to be deleting posts randomly because they’re stupid jokes better lock the thread then.

Thread is fucked up. People clapping anti-gay agendas, talking about LGBT degeneracy and the decay of western society, wanting gays to stay hidden from society but I get a post removed because I made a joke about Chinese men having small dicks. Classy.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
I'd say that I disagree with the very existence of something like the CCP. However, at least on this aspect, they are not wrong.

The woke western virus is insidious, so at least it'll be interesting. Will they please the Twitter blue haired buttpluggers? Or will they please China?
You do realize half of twitter is literally infested with Chinese bots and other disinfo agents right? I love to have the occasional chuckle at the insanity on that platform but we should realize that 99% of the content on there is all fake and not even remotely based in reality.

Stop letting hate-click content get to you. Yes the west has an issue with 'woke culture' but to then go and say something like "Hmm well the CCP aren't wrong here" is a bit much, to say the least lol.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Some opinions just show how big a fuckwad someone is...the rest of thier opinions likely follow the same path. I'm here for fun chat and insight, not some 1950s homophobe rally

Then report them and stop trying to make a little echo chamber. Maybe Era is more your speed?

Woggleman

I am not a fan of super woke types but attitudes like this towards LGBT people is what radicalizes some and makes them turn woke. We say that SJWs push people to the right and there is truth to that but it works the other way around as well.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I am not a fan of super woke types but attitudes like this towards LGBT people is what radicalizes some and makes them turn woke. We say that SJWs push people to the right and there is truth to that but it works the other way around as well.

Lol, what? Sure, you would have a point in the person is a fucking moron. No sane person would ever be pushed toward the far-left over idiotic comments such as those seen in this thread. Most just roll their eyes and sigh and move on. They don't start thinking "y'know, maybe white people truly are the problem and men need to be neutered."

So China (with the help of useful-idiot progressives) has been working to feminize American military-age men for years, while they work to make their own military-age men more masculine.

Gee, I wonder why?

Woggleman

Lol, what? Sure, you would have a point in the person is a fucking moron. No sane person would ever be pushed toward the far-left over idiotic comments such as those seen in this thread. Most just roll their eyes and sigh and move on. They don't start thinking "y'know, maybe white people truly are the problem and men need to be neutered."
It is a snowball effect. No rational person starts out believing in QAnon and Red Pill stuff either but if they seem like the only people who have your back then it can build and build from there.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
It is a snowball effect. No rational person starts out believing in QAnon and Red Pill stuff either but if they seem like the only people who have your back then it can build and build from there.

I think you completely misunderstood what the saying means. When people say that "SJWs push people to the right", they are not suggesting radicalization, but moving slightly to the right of where they currently are. Not to the far-right.

What I stated still stands true even to the opposite end. Only fucking morons would somehow get radicalized and no sane person would ever be pushed to the far-right over idiotic comments such as the ones seen on ResetEra or Twitter. Unless you (royal you) consider ANYTHING to the right of left/center to be "Far-right" in which case you (again, royal you) may be one of fucking morons I speak of.

Anyways, going to stop talking about this here as its delving too far into political territory and I think most folks on GAF can agree: Fuck politics, almost as much as they can agree: Fuck censorship.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Fuck censorship.

Judging by this thread; GAF is full of folks fine with censorship as long as it's censoring the things they don't like.

Reminds me of someplace else, someplace... purple.

Although this example? It's ACTUAL CENSORSHIP.. meaning the government cracking down on things. Not people campaigning for change, which sure, is generically censorship, but being supportive of an authoritarian government censoring things is a whole 'nother level.. and GAF is apparently a hot spot for that kind of thinking.

BTW I don't think the forum's no politics rule applies to gaming stories that are highly political like this one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom