• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

China tested nuclear-capable hypersonic space missile undetected in August

NeoGiffer

giphy.gif

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Except they did not.

No is able to do such a test without it being detected. At least one of the NATO countries surely would have mentioned it. Russia too, but they would have kept it quiet.
I did not have sexual relations with that woman.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Oh my god if you were a privileged kid who graduated from UC Davis and an army recruiter tells you that you can be ENLISTED, please run far, far, far away :p

Then again, with that liberal studies degree that may be the only option for you!

I like that CCP one, all one of their aircraft carriers is in it!

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
They wont use them.
Nuclear war is suicide.
You know it, I know it. Till the moment that someone won't. There will always be that 'if we strike fast enough they will not retaliate' at the back of the head. Never forget all countries, US especially, have a history of doing stupid shit:

"It really got to them," recalls Dr. William Schneider Jr., [former] undersecretary of state for military assistance and technology, who saw classified "after-action reports" that indicated U.S. flight activity. "They didn't know what it all meant. A squadron would fly straight at Soviet airspace, and other radars would light up and units would go on alert. Then at the last minute the squadron would peel off and return home."[3]
Making the USSR freak out you are trying to attack them - what a glorious idea!

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
You know it, I know it. Till the moment that someone won't. There will always be that 'if we strike fast enough they will not retaliate' at the back of the head.
I dunno, it seems like the WMD ship has sailed. Even if they can launch an undetected strike against the US, all that radioactive dust is just gonna blow over them in a few days anyway. Not to mention all the ballistic missile subs we have cruising around, even one of those gets through and we can cripple China permanently. Plus all the other nuclear capable states would have to agree to not intervene.

The smart money is on developing low yield tactical nukes with very limited contamination. Perfect for disabling fleets, airfields, and clustered troop formations with small very stealthy strike forces. The days of waves of aircraft or barrages of missiles saturating defenses is probably over, other than some specific cases of drone swarms.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
China is running away with weapon advance testing which no one ever concived of they’re ahead of the game.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
"On Thursday, May 27, the Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman team successfully conducted the initial live fire hypersonic strike system test in support of the U.S. Navy’s Conventional Prompt Strike (CPS) and U.S. Army’s Long Range Hypersonic Weapon (LRHW) programs."

Russia also has a program.

It's the new arms race, of course a superpower like China is going to want in on that.

Last edited:
Except they did not.

No is able to do such a test without it being detected. At least one of the NATO countries surely would have mentioned it. Russia too, but they would have kept it quiet.

LOL ....of course they denied it, they just tested their ace weapon right under our nose undetected, right now they're laughing at us that we just discovered it two months later

Last edited:

NickFire

Except they did not.

I want to believe them because I don't want to see any more wmd's get developed. But their denial is essentially based on the premise they are really working on green (reusable) space travel. That is very hard for me to believe considering the source.

We in the west are seriously fucked. Our societies are crumbling, people are weak and China is the complete opposite. The comments are great and on point on this video

Holy shit...yeah we absolutely have no chance against China......even I question our chance against Russia after seeing that ad

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I want to believe them because I don't want to see any more wmd's get developed. But their denial is essentially based on the premise they are really working on green (reusable) space travel. That is very hard for me to believe considering the source.
Yeah guided hypersonic missiles are the new hotness for warfare. Sure they might have tested a 'spacecraft' but that's just semantics seeing as basically the only difference would be the payload anyway.

Yeah guided hypersonic missiles are the new hotness for warfare. Sure they might have tested a 'spacecraft' but that's just semantics seeing as basically the only difference would be the payload anyway.

It's using the Fractional Orbital Bombardment System concept from the Cold War days. Combining that ability with a hypersonic reentry vehicle that could evade a terminal stage defense technology is what makes this the new hotness.

thief183

We in the west are seriously fucked. Our societies are crumbling, people are weak and China is the complete opposite. The comments are great and on point on this video

I mean.. I kinda wonna join the China's army now... Or the russian one... Both are great.

I know that this types of Ads doesn't rappresent the reality but damn if this shows a trend that is gonna put US down.

dcll

Banned
Smart on China, promoting the degeneracy and making men weak in the west while shutting the shit down at home

Last edited:

Not as fucked as Britain was before ww2. We held our own with two men and a kite whilst Nazis had europe and were being supplied by Russia. Don't count yourselves out USA.
But stop sending your cash and manufacturing to them, it's easier if you don't feed your opponents before the fight. China is determined to expand, Taiwan, Australia and Japan are all getting nervous.

Last edited:

levyjl1988

Banned
Let them test their weapons, it's not like they will use it on us anyway, there is too much of an implication if a nuke is fired, especially in a civilization area.
One fires a nuke, everyone will retaliate, and no one wins.

Meicyn

Gold Member
lmao at this thread

the real threat is cyberwarfare

hey google what is maad and the nuclear triad

Kenpachii

Germany thought the same, guess what happened next.

Warring the west is basically digging your own grave.

Meicyn

Gold Member
my favorite part about threads like these is that the ccp sympathizers reveal themselves like clockwork

”china very strong ccp will crush the west uguuuuuuu”

nothing like simping for authoritarian regimes while scared of how loud their pr dog barks lmao

Let them test their weapons, it's not like they will use it on us anyway, there is too much of an implication if a nuke is fired, especially in a civilization area.
One fires a nuke, everyone will retaliate, and no one wins.

problem is they control their media, they control what their population see.

Let say we go all out nuke. They kill 10m of our population, we respond 2X and kill 20m of their people, they respond back and kill 20m of our people, and go back and forth we go, killing millions......who do you think going to submit first????? ....The US, we will submit first because the pressure from of our own people.....over there, they will completely kill their media and contain the images to local population

Plus 30 million dead is 10% of our population, our country would hobble.......30 million dead on their end is just a bruise to their population

I give us 10% chance of winning against China. the only way we can win war against them, IF UK, Australia and others come to our aid AND Russia does not get involved. If Russia gets involved, then it's a different scenario

Last edited:

problem is they control their media, they control what their population see.

Let say we go all out nuke. They kill 10m of our population, we respond 2X and kill 20m of their people, they respond back and kill 20m of our people, and go back and forth we go, killing millions......who do you think going to submit first????? ....The US, we will submit first because the pressure from of our own people.....over there, they will completely kill their media and contain the images to local population

Plus 30 million dead is 10% of our population, our country would hobble.......30 million dead on their end is just a bruise to their population

I give us 10% chance of winning against China. the only way we can win war against them, IF UK, Australia and others come to our aid AND Russia does not get involved. If Russia gets involved, then it's a different scenario
We won't have a choice but to get involved tbh

Last edited:
Top Bottom