• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

China's game art industry reportedly decimated by growing AI use

Holammer

It's already possible to fix AI "artifacts" by manipulating prompts, most people know that when generating content you give it an input of what you want, but there is also negative prompts and things like extra fingers or missing fingers is simply negated.

obUsgvL.png
Negative prompts are not perfect, but they no doubt help and with in-paint and some patience you can fix stuff. I played around with an online AI trained on Sonic fanart which I learned about the other day, got a decent image, it had an extra leg part and some odd bits, easy fixes. One of the hands refused to sort itself out despite a dozen attempts.

bill-oreilly-anger.gif

If I *really* needed the image, I would just edit it myself. Testing the AI made me think about the potential for guided AI where a rough sketch with the pose and framing is all you need, then let the AI fill in the metaphorical blanks. That's gonna be the real killer for the industry.

SirTerry-T

Traditional paintings can just be scanned. Most traditional works end up digitised in some way.
Think you are over thinking this pal. I wa just making a comment that if artists were to go back to the "traditional" way of getting their art out into the public eye the AI wouldn't have access to their work.

Basically sell it in a gallery but don't put it on the internet...easier said than done I know but it's the only solution I can think of at the moment. :)

As an artist myself I would try to make it as hard as possible for all this stuff to have access to my work.

Learn to weld.

Enjoy your "weld skills" while they are considered skills, because when more and more people lose jobs that market will pay 1/10 to what I pays today as a lot of people start going for your advice...

The thing is there's no fight automation, as long it is cheaper than humans it will come, we should all be prepared for how the world os going to change in the next 5 years.

People should not fear or fight AI instead they should make sure that it is available for everyone to profit from and contribute in.

Top Bottom