• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chrono Trigger or Xenogears: You can only pick one to be remade

Which one?

• Total voters

wvnative

Xenogears, while amongst my favorite games, is flawed, a remake could perfect it.

Chrono Trigger is perfect the way it is.

Buggy Loop

Chrono Trigger is perfect as is, SNES pixels aged well, the music is fire. I can only imagine that a remake would disappoint in the end. Not too keen on the Seiken Densetsu 3 remake for one..

KàIRóS

Chrono Trigger is perfect as is, SNES pixels aged well, the music is fire. I can only imagine that a remake would disappoint in the end. Not too keen on the Seiken Densetsu 3 remake for one..

Trials of Mana is actually the remake I like the most from Square, the devs respected everything in the original and did an amazing job bringing the 2D to 3D IMO

wipeout364

Xenogears, it would be nice just to be able to play it on a modern platform with quick loading , save anywhere, and with just some clean up of the jagged edges.

Belthazar

Xenogears needs it more... Imagine the second disc but actually finished? The geme would go from an 8/10 to a 10/10 GOAT

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Xenogears. Not that CT is bad, it's just that Xenogears is truly amazing. And boy, that soundtrack...

Xenogears needs a remake due to its rushed nature in the 2nd disc, and that it’s design has aged poorly. A remake would flesh out more of its gameplay mechanics.

Katajx

Gold Member
I can’t believe you would ask such a cruel question. I’d like to see CT with updated sprites that are full sized and detailed about like DQ 8’s character models.

I love both games, and I’m surprised so many people picked Xenogears over Chrono Trigger. I thought it would be in the lead from nostalgia alone.

The thought never occurred to me of addressing disc 2 complaints.

Last edited:
FHsQ6VU.jpg
Blanka had a cameo in Xenogears?

Top Bottom