• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cinematic Shows What Resident Evil 4 Could Look Like In Unreal Engine 4

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A discussion about some of the best horror games from the opening years of the 21st century will often lead to people talking about how beloved Resident Evil 4 was, and still is to this day. It may not be the scariest Resident Evil game in the series, but the fourth installment is a classic, with its over-the-shoulder perspective and slight lean towards more action. Now, consider what this 17-year-old title would be like in first-person and built in a different engine.

That's basically what Daniel Siemieniaco has done. Using their skills and experience as a 3D environment/prop artist, they've managed to recreate a moment from Resident Evil 4, only this time in Unreal Engine 4. This is, however, just a visual demo and they are not actually doing a remake of the game in the engine, but the sight of it in this murky lighting, and with Leon's slow movement throughout the room really gives the scene a much creepier vibe.

Once the camera pans through a window, it becomes clear that this is the moment when players first encounter the Regenerator. For those who are perhaps less familiar with the game, Resident Evil 4's Regenerator monster is a brutish, if slow, beast that can regrow its limbs back if they're shot off, hence the name. Players must use an infrared scope to shoot weak points in order to kill the creature. In a tantalizing manner, Siemieniaco's video ends with the monster breaking down the door only for everything to cut to black.

Reactions: TLZ

Deerock71

slow motion dog GIF

TransTrender

Gold Member
Lol who cares? Seriously.
UE5 is out.
Really?
Also but really I never ever gave a flying fuck about these types of demos or whatever, but at least do it in the latest and greatest.

Edit: Tried to watch a little bit and it was dumb and bad. Felt like a 2008 tech demo.

Last edited:

AMSCD

What legal result do people think they will achieve when they start YouTube videos or the description with "no copyright intended"? 🤣

Lol who cares? Seriously.
UE5 is out.
Really?
Also but really I never ever gave a flying fuck about these types of demos or whatever, but at least do it in the latest and greatest.

Edit: Tried to watch a little bit and it was dumb and bad. Felt like a 2008 tech demo.
To me it feels more like an example or proof of concept. We've been hearing rumors and rumblings of REmake 4 coming soon and this is showing us a small sample of graphical potential.

RE Engine is already a great in house game Engine for Capcom
there is no need to have everything using Unreal Engine
WTF is this obession with having every game using Unreal Engine? i really don't get it

artsi

These kinds of videos are a nothingburger for me. We've got so many good remakes of classic games I can already imagine what they would look in [insert modern engine]

Top Bottom