• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Circus Electrique launches September 6 (Turn-based tactical RPG)

Bullet Club

Circus Electrique launches September 6​

Lead a carnival of heroes to save steampunk Victorian London.

ybhAkjH.jpg

Turn-based tactical RPG Circus Electrique will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam and Epic Games Store on September 6, publisher Saber Interactive and developer Zen Studios announced.

Here is an overview of the game, via its store pages:

About

Named for the greatest show in Victorian steampunk London, Circus Electrique is part story-driven RPG, part tactics, part circus management, and completely enthralling—all with a steampunk twist.

When everyday Londoners mysteriously turn into vicious killers, only the circus’ lineup of Strongmen, Fire Blowers, Clowns and other performers possess the unique talents necessary to save the city. Through tactical turn-based battles, these unlikely heroes face Bobbies, British Sailors gone bad, aggressive Posh Girls, and other Victorian-era archetypes stand in their way—not to mention the occasional menacing Mime or Robobear. The game’s innovative Devotion morale system affects characters’ performance not only in battles, but also for actual circus shows, dutifully managed between heroic jaunts through six sprawling districts.

Key Features
  • Electrifying RPG Combat – Test the skills of Strongmen, Fire Blowers, Escape Artists, Clowns, and other classic circus performers – 14 playable archetypes total, each with deep tactical options in battle. Assemble the most ideal combination of acrobatic artists to fight against over-the-top enemies.
  • Manage the Greatest Show in Steampunk London – Despite the chaos, the show must go on! Rebuild the circus to its former greatness and beyond, recruiting and training the most talented performers coming in from all over the world. Performers’ skill, chemistry with one another, and overall Devotion combine to determine the monetary success of a single show—and you’ll need every single spare Shilling you can get both for Amelia’s quest and to keep everyone paid and happy.
  • A Circus Like No Other – Immerse yourself in a striking world based on vintage circus posters, Victorian-era archetypes and classic steampunk charm.
Watch a new trailer below.

Source: Gematsu

Croga

My review of the game

Great review, it was on my radar already but you defo sold me on it.

I'm waiting for Switch and Steam Deck impressions cause I'd like to play this on the couch on a handheld, so will wait for performance impressions on both.

Will 100% pick this up though, it looks fantastic.

Edit: Just an FYI, been playing this for the last hour on the Steam Deck, it runs perfectly, no issues so far.

Last edited:

Karak

Great review, it was on my radar already but you defo sold me on it.

I'm waiting for Switch and Steam Deck impressions cause I'd like to play this on the couch on a handheld, so will wait for performance impressions on both.

Will 100% pick this up though, it looks fantastic.

Edit: Just an FYI, been playing this for the last hour on the Steam Deck, it runs perfectly, no issues so far.
Great news about steamdeck. I honestly think the game is just completely utterly GOOD.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Great game......but.....

So, last night I played 3 hours. Built up my team, did a bunch of circus events and got to the end of the first map and fought the boss. I had two level 2 characters but got smoked. What do I do now?

The map is all completed, so I cannot go back and do battles to level up new performers (apparently I need more level 2 people. I can't just keep doing circus events as you have to do battles before the event happens.

So, is my run shot? Do I just start a new game?

My train is level 2 and I can reroll to get more level 2 characters, but I will soon run out of money. I can't keep fighting the boss with level 1 characters....as I will get wiped out.

So If I DO have to restart, do I retain anything? Can I just reset the map? I'd hate to restart from scratch and end up with the same result (same goes for if I get to the second map or third.

Other than that, the game was great. Lots of fun.

Top Bottom