• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cities VR - Official Announcement Trailer

Thaedolus

I'm fine with it being a VR game but good god not another Facebook exclusive. The fucking Quest needed a competitor years ago and the need is even greater now.

Fuck the Quest.
Yeah, it’s really tiresome that these great looking VR games are Quest exclusive. I got no problem with the Quest, seems like a great device, but it’s hard to not be a bit annoyed that my headset sits idle more than it should because of a lack of new quality content

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Slick, just got a Quest 2 a few days ago, nice timing.

Flintty

I’d have been interested in this for my Rift S but this again is why I sold it. There’s no reason to not support Rift S but they’re clearly pushing people to the Quest for those Facebook accounts. Fuck them.

Mowcno

KodJKIM.png

A.Romero

I mean it’s still money that could have gone into 2. This is just a waste of cash. Be honest will you really play this more then an afternoon or two?
Does it matter? The point for the company is selling the game.

I might jump into it. Depending on how it controls with VR controls.

Wonko_C

I mean it’s still money that could have gone into 2. This is just a waste of cash. Be honest will you really play this more then an afternoon or two?
Yes I will. The last city builder game I played was Sim City on SNES. The sequels didn't grab me because they looked too complicated and this looks more accessible and intuitive, so after so long this has me pretty excited.

VR has made me play and enjoy games in genres I usually am not interested in otherwise. For example I won't touch zombie games on TV but in VR I actually find them fun. Right now I'm looking forward to After The Fall, meamwhile I didn't even download Back4Blood on Game Pass.

You might hate VR but it's only going to get bigger from here on, so better get used to seeing more games make the jump.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Be the mayor in Cities: VR, the ultimate VR city-building and management simulator. Design neighborhoods, construct buildings, direct the flow of traffic - all while you handle economics, emergency services, and more. Step inside this VR adaptation of the leading city-builder, Cities: Skylines.

Cities: VR is coming April 28 to Quest 2.

BUILD AND MANAGE YOUR IDEAL CITY
Control every aspect of city planning, from construction to utility planning, and provide healthcare, education, and more to your population.

AN IMMERSIVE & SCENIC SIMULATOR
Cities: VR allows for an unparalleled level of presence, immersion and hands-on gameplay. See your skyline rise from an expansive bird's eye view, or watch your city come alive from the streets.

THE DEFINITIVE CITY-BUILDING VR GAME
Cities: VR is both a great entry-point to the franchise and a compelling new experience for Cities: Skylines veterans. Precise and tactile feedback and a palette of tools at your fingertips makes for an easy-to-use control system.

Droxcy

I feel like I'd want to enjoy this but get bored with it rather quickly. Either way I'll just download it :messenger_tears_of_joy:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Cities: VR reviewed on Meta Quest 2 by Henry Stockdale.

Cities: VR does a fine job adapting the management of Cities: Skylines for virtual reality, but the deep compromises made in both graphics and mechanics mean that Fast Travel's adaptation has room for improvement. That said, what we've got is a competent city-builder, one that's approachable for new players and makes great use of the Quest 2's motion controls. The main reward of Cities: VR comes down to how invested you are in seeing your metropolis thrive up close and personal. There's no endgame beyond that, so how much you get out of it will vary. Still, considering I kept playing until the Quest's battery depleted, it won my approval.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Cities: VR's Metro & Traffic Routing update brings metro stations, tools for traffic routing, a new street-level camera view, left-handed support, and more to the city-building and management simulation game. Check out the latest trailer to see what to expect with this free content update, available now.

Cities: VR is available now on the Meta Quest store.

nemiroff

Gold Member
because hardware is mobile basically.
wait for PSVR2 or next-gen AIO. it's not that far.

Funny thing is I don't quite understand either of you guy's posts. PSVR2 is non-released wired headset for the Playstation, and the Quests are wireless AIO PC headsets. There are plenty of wired PCVR headsets out there for those who's on that ecosystem. From what the developers are saying Cities will most likely end up on most of those platforms and will look like the current PC version with no reason to water it down for "mobile" (not that Cities look that amazing in the first place..).

Anyway, although I have 150 hours in Cities Skylines don't see much reason to play this game in VR myself, but there's nothing wrong with the option (albeit this time I guess it's a paid option..).

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Cities: VR – Enhanced Edition is out now on PlayStation VR2, featuring sharper graphics, richer colors and additional tile to let you enjoy building bustling metropolises at a grander scale!

Cities: VR - Enhanced Edition is a VR adaptation of the leading city-builder, Cities: Skylines, where you get to build and manage the city of your dreams. From small hamlets to grand metropoles, design road networks, manage your city’s finances, and provide your citizens with the services they need as you buy land and expand your city.

With the power of the PS5, Cities: VR - Enhanced Edition allows you to watch your city come alive all the way from the bustling streets to a bird’s eye view in a smooth experience. With the help of the PlayStation VR2 Sense controller, the building of your city has never felt more responsive.

Top Bottom