• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clock Tower 2: Undubbed Edition - an awesome fan project for an obscure survival horror point and click adventure game?!

VGEsoterica

Clock Tower is definitely a "love it or hate it franchise' as its slow, methodical, a bit confusion...and really unlike anything else. It's a survival horror game in full 3D that is ALSO a point and click adventure game with adventure game puzzles and logic. Honestly this is basically the DREAM combo to me...but I could see how others might not be into it.

But one thing that always sucked? The english language voice actors in Clock Tower 2. They may be the height of bad voice acting in the PS1 era. The Japanese version has GREAT voice acting...but it's all in Japanese! You can see the problem here lol

So some intrepid fans did a little modding mix up and injected the Japanese voice files into the english version...and out comes the Undubbed edition! The best of both worlds.

Anyone play Clock Tower though? I can't be the only fan. Also anyone have any other recs for undubbed editions that aren't Shenmue? lol

PrCat88

I play Resident Evil. Bad voice acting doesn't faze me. But hey, if you enjoy the Japanese voice over, more power to you.

arvfab

Banned
Loved the first one, couldn't ever finish the second one because got scratches on the disc 😔

Third one started good, but quickly turned 'meh' after the first (or first two) chapters.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I am a fan of Clock tower saga.

I love the game from Snes and the ps2 games.

I like the story.... Definitive Clock tower 2 has a Horrible dub.

When I come to home... I wanna write more things about the saga.

Last edited:

VGEsoterica

I am a fan of Clock tower saga.

I love the game from Snes and the ps2 games.

I like the story.... Definitive Clock tower 2 has a Horrible dub.

When I come to home... I wanna write more things about the saga.
They are all awesome but I’d say 3 was a let down and it’s sad that’s where the franchise ended

fart town usa

Gold Member

Clock Tower is definitely a "love it or hate it franchise' as its slow, methodical, a bit confusion...and really unlike anything else. It's a survival horror game in full 3D that is ALSO a point and click adventure game with adventure game puzzles and logic. Honestly this is basically the DREAM combo to me...but I could see how others might not be into it.

But one thing that always sucked? The english language voice actors in Clock Tower 2. They may be the height of bad voice acting in the PS1 era. The Japanese version has GREAT voice acting...but it's all in Japanese! You can see the problem here lol

So some intrepid fans did a little modding mix up and injected the Japanese voice files into the english version...and out comes the Undubbed edition! The best of both worlds.

Anyone play Clock Tower though? I can't be the only fan. Also anyone have any other recs for undubbed editions that aren't Shenmue? lol

Good timing, I actually downloaded a bunch of Clocktower PSX games the other month but haven't dived into them yet.

I'd list a website that does a great job of making undubbed hacks available, but I think it's against the forum guidelines.

I tried to play through the SNES Clocktower but couldn't get far because the environments look so samey and I was constantly getting lost. I didn't hate the game, though, and intend to play it with maps one day. The series is something I've wanted to get into because I've enjoyed & admired from afar a lot of Human Entertainments old adventure games like Twilight Syndrome, Mikagura Girl Detectives, Mizzurna Falls, and Clock Tower among them. When I get around to it I'll definitely play this version, so thanks for sharing it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom