• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cloud Gaming for Xbox has a tiny blemish (Gamerscore)

Kev Kev

Posting this thread for Bavarian_Sloth Bavarian_Sloth

"Cloud Gaming for Game Pass is ideal for trying out games that you are unsure about.
You are in the game in a matter of seconds and can then decide, often within minutes, whether you like it or not.

The only problem with this are the "Gamerscore corpses" which arise in your achievements list.
Now I have dozens of games with just 5 or 10 points in my list that I can't delete, which annoys me a little bit.

Would be great, if Microsoft could come up with a solution for this.

What do you think? Or don't you care at all?"

Kssio_Aug

On PSN you can delete 0% games, but cant delete 1 % or above.
Not sure about XBOX
I'm pretty sure it's the same.

I used to be bit annoyed about this as well, but I decided that I was wasting energy for something that is both silly and will probably never change. Nowadays I don't care anymore. I actually believe that pretty much no one enter other peoples profile to check their achievements anyway.

Alx

Can't you use family sharing with gamepass/xcloud ? In that case you could create an account dedicated to "testing" games through the cloud, and all the unfinished games will be attached to that one.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
On Xbox you can since the 360 days delete games from your profile if that game doesn't have an achievement unlocked. I don't see why it's a problem.

Because a lot of games give you an achievement within 10 minutes and then you're stuck with it.

It's only a "problem" insofar as it makes your list look untidy, it's meaningless but so are achievements, so contextually it's a problem.

Can't you use family sharing with gamepass/xcloud ? In that case you could create an account dedicated to "testing" games through the cloud, and all the unfinished games will be attached to that one.
Good idea! I`ll try this. Thanks

It's only a "problem" insofar as it makes your list look untidy, it's meaningless but so are achievements, so contextually it's a problem.
Exactly that`s my (first world) problem. I`m simply a little bit compulsive :messenger_smirking:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
This is one of those things that bother me but I have no idea why. I have a bunch of GP games I have like 30 points in that I will never play. And they just stare at me....

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
I cannot relate to this "problem" in any capacity. Everyone is different and I understand that, I just don't see what negativity comes from it being obvious you tried a game that didn't appeal to you enough to stick with it.

arvfab

Banned
The demo has to be available and you have to download it first. It's not a solution.

1) Exactly, demos should be available again. Now their replacements are locked behind a paywall called Gamepass/PSNow.

2) What's the problem with downloading a free demo to try out a game before spending any money?

Gamerguy84

They could get around this by handing out participation trophies to everyone who tried.

Like they do to all the kids in school who are terrible at sports.

small-gold-cup.0.jpg

1) Exactly, demos should be available again. Now their replacements are locked behind a paywall called Gamepass/PSNow.

2) What's the problem with downloading a free demo to try out a game before spending any money?
But they're mostly not available. xCloud is. Most devs can't be assed to make a demo, so xCloud is a great alternative.

Downloading a demo on your console takes longer than simply pressing play on any device you want. xCloud is way more convenient here.

arvfab

Banned
But they're mostly not available. xCloud is. Most devs can't be assed to make a demo, so xCloud is a great alternative.

Downloading a demo on your console takes longer than simply pressing play on any device you want. xCloud is way more convenient here.

For me, not having to pay anything to try out a game is more convenient.

It's also not my fault devs stopped making demos. In that case they should not whine about losing sales.

For me, not having to pay anything to try out a game is more convenient.

It's also not my fault devs stopped making demos. In that case they should not whine about losing sales.
You're not paying anything extra for xCloud. That's the beauty of it.

arvfab

Banned

The demos don't exist though, so they can't be more convenient. xCloud is a nice way to try out a game before committing to it, so to speak.

But they should exist, that is my point. As they don't, and me and other are not willing to pay to try out games, the solution is simple: not buying.

Wizz-Art

Because a lot of games give you an achievement within 10 minutes and then you're stuck with it.

There is a rather simple solution for these kind of instances. Use an alternative account if you are uncertain if you will like a game? If your main account is on your "home" Xbox, every secondary account reaps the benefits of Gold or Game Pass on that console so you can access those Game Pass games via Xcloud no problem.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: AV
Top Bottom