• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cloud Gaming News |OT| The thread GAF was begging for

Best Cloud Gaming Service

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
xcloud (so as GFN) is so popular in Brazil that Microsoft is redirecting users toward US servers...

Fat Frog

Hell yes. One of the best games ever finally available for non-PS owners.

Hope launch -> PS Now delays get even shorter because I don't think I will be buying a PS5.
Yeah that's pretty neat. Sony, Amazon, Google should hurry to enter the brazilian market. (this is madness there fir Xcloud and GFN)

Fat Frog

Pretty cool.

With our weak Xbox one, we'll be able to play next gen games with Xcloud, Stadia and soon Geforce now on your old TV. (it will be awesome on a 1080p TV but blurry on 4K screen).

For people prefering 60FPS over 4K resolution, it's a goddam blessing. (they can wait years before to buy next gen consoles since 95% of their library is cross gen for now)

Last edited:

Fat Frog

Loadings on Xbone : 42 seconds

Loadings on Xbone with xcloud: 8 seconds

Loadings on Series S: 9 seconds

If xbox players have more than 30 mbps internet, buying next gen isn't mandatory for now (mostly cross gen games in 2021)

Last edited:

Fat Frog

Stadia is still hiring. (they must realize there is a lot of demand in "poor" areas where they can buy cloud games but not next gen consoles...)

Fat Frog

Cloud services are not snoozing at all.
GFN upgraded, Stadia is getting new feature every months and it seems xcloud is enhancing latency:
Users feedbacks. (did they improve tech or is it only new servers opened to reduce the distance ? hard to say but some have seen the progress)

Last edited:

Fat Frog

Microsoft sure never won a generation against Sony (except a tie with the 360) but they really take the cloud war seriously: They'll force Amazon, Google, Sony or Nvidia to step up their game.
(except Nintendo who doesn't give a shit with crappy cloud tech on Switch 😅)

Well done, Microsoft !

Last edited:

TVexperto

Cloud services are not snoozing at all.
GFN upgraded, Stadia is getting new feature every months and it seems xcloud is enhancing latency:
Users feedbacks. (did they improve tech or is it only new servers opened to reduce the distance ? hard to say but some have seen the progress)
not sure why you are linking to that toxic reee forum but I hope they will reduce the input lag, somehow its much worse than geforce which for example runs flawlessly.

Fat Frog

not sure why you are linking to that toxic reee forum but I hope they will reduce the input lag, somehow its much worse than geforce which for example runs flawlessly.
I work for CCP, Era and FSB of course...

I often put links from era because Cloud gaming is more popular there...

TVexperto

I work for CCP, Era and FSB of course...

I often put links from era because Cloud gaming is more popular there...
didnt mean to attack you personally, sorry! im a huge fan of cloud gaming and use it myself personally, I hope the latency issue gets fixed before Forza 5 launch

Fat Frog

didnt mean to attack you personally, sorry! im a huge fan of cloud gaming and use it myself personally, I hope the latency issue gets fixed before Forza 5 launch
Don't worry, i didn't feel offended. I just forgot emoticons 😜

Fat Frog

Antstream arcade became free a few months ago. Didn't test it yet but it seems the latency is ok, so why not ?

Last edited:

Fat Frog

A lot of feedbacks about xcloud:

The "latency is too high for most people" narrative is ancient history.

Even with the weakest cloud tech (Xcloud) many gamers have no lag with average internet. (with a minority having terrible experience).

Amazon, Microsoft, Google increasing their datacenters everywhere, in 10 years, it will be rare to find a place where Stadia, GFN, PS NOW offer a bad experience (at least you'll find one datacenter near your house)

elliot5

A lot of feedbacks about xcloud:

The "latency is too high for most people" narrative is ancient history.

Even with the weakest cloud tech (Xcloud) many gamers have no lag with average internet. (with a minority having terrible experience).

Amazon, Microsoft, Google increasing their datacenters everywhere, in 10 years, it will be rare to find a place where Stadia, GFN, PS NOW offer a bad experience (at least you'll find one datacenter near your house)
Surely PSNow is the weakest, but idk what the hardware they run off of is. I would guess ps3s and ps4s right? Either way I'm glad to see more impressions come through

Fat Frog

Surely PSNow is the weakest, but idk what the hardware they run off of is. I would guess ps3s and ps4s right? Either way I'm glad to see more impressions come through
Yeah, PS Now has the weakest hardware but according to most of the feedbacks latency is better than Xcloud.

Graphics VS latency.

E elliot5
It also worth noting the Xbox is gaining ground in South America:

Xcloud is available and a success.
PS Now isn't on this market.

Last edited:

Fat Frog

Another Stadia Premiere edition promotion (Available in US only):
Purchase any game priced at $29.99 or more and get a free Premiere Edition.

Full details here: https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/11398635

If you have a $10 off promotion then you can use that to reduce a game to under $29.99 and you will still be eligible. From GraceFromGoogle over on the Reddit:

Q: Can I use the $10 coupon when making a purchase?

A: Yes. Related to the above, as long as the purchase price for a game or bundle is $29.99 or above, you are eligible for the Stadia Premiere Edition offer. In other words, if the purchase price is $29.99 and you use the $10 coupon to bring the price to $19.99, you'll still be eligible for the offer.

Also some deep discounts going on in the Stadia game store right now as part of the anniversary/Black Friday sale.

Some useful information if you're thinking about signing up for Pro or trying the service.

The Stadia controller can only be used outside of Stadia as a wired controller. It does have a Bluetooth radio but that's only used for initial pairing. After that it's not used for gameplay as it connects using Wi-Fi. Google did say that they can/might enable the Bluetooth radio for gameplay at a later date.

Every Pro game you'll get right now for signing up for Stadia Pro. You can sign up for a free month if you haven't signed up before. Pro is not required to use the service however does give you access to Pro exclusive sales, free games, and a 4k/HDR stream. Any game you buy outright you will have access to (1080p no HDR) even if you're not subscribed to Pro. Once your Pro subscription ends if you have not outright bought any of the games below then you will lose access however your saves will be saved if you ever decide to resubscribe/buy the game. Also any game you claim on Pro you will keep even if it's removed from the current Pro lineup:
  • ARK: Survival Evolved
  • AVICII Invector
  • Blue Fire
  • Cake Bash
  • Control Ultimate Edition
  • Crayta: Premium Edition
  • Cthulhu Saves Christmas
  • Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition
  • The Darkside Detective
  • DIRT 5
  • DreamWorks Dragons: Dawn of the New Riders
  • DreamWorks Spirit Lucky's Big Adventure
  • Epistory - Typing Chronicles
  • Everspace
  • F1 2020
  • Figment
  • Floor Kids
  • Giganotosaurus: The Game
  • GRIME
  • Hello Engineer
  • Hitman: The Complete First Season
  • Hundred Days - Winemaking Simulator
  • Ice Age: Scrats Nutty Adventure
  • It Came From Space & Ate Our Brain
  • Journey to the Savage Planet: Employee of the Month Edition
  • Kemono Heroes
  • Killer Queen Black
  • Legend of Keepers: Career of a Dungeon Master
  • Little Big Workshop
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III
  • Little Nightmares II
  • Mafia III: Definitive Edition
  • Moonlighter
  • MotoGP20
  • Orcs Must Die! 3
  • PAW Patrol the Movie: Adventure City Calls
  • PixelJunk Raiders
  • PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - Breakthrough Edition
  • République
  • Saints Row IV Re-Elected
  • SteamWorld Dig 2
  • SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech
  • Street Power Football
  • Terraria
  • Trine 4
  • Wave Break
  • Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA
  • Wavetale
Click to shrink...
Current Stadia exclusives (some are timed):
Wavetale
Outcasters
GYLT
Young Souls
PixelJunk Raiders
Submerged Hidden Depths
Hello Engineer
Journey to the Savage Planet Employee of the Month Edition

Free to play games:
Destiny 2
Hitman Starter Pack
CRAYTA
SUPER BOMBERMAN R ONLINE

Demos:
From Space
Immortals Fenyx Rising
Resident Evil Village

Full game free trials (no Stadia account required):
Riders Republic
Control Ultimate Edition
Hello Engineer
The Jackbox Party 8

Fat Frog

Are anyone you rocking the nvidia shield to stream your steam games? If so, how do you like it? Is it worth $200?
I don't know, i'm waiting sales.
200$ is a little pricy for me but i really want a single 4K box to switch from Stadia to GFN easily. (and i hope xcloud soon)

One more thing, take the Pro Shield not the regular. (only the Pro allows 60FPS)

Last edited:

Fat Frog

Is Google Stadia the only service that offers 4K streaming?
The new GFN RTX3080 allows 1440 p but with all GFN sub or free Stadia (1080p) you can jump to 4K with Nvidia Shield Pro AI machine learning feature.

Last edited:
Top Bottom