• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cloud Gaming News |OT| The thread GAF was begging for

Best Cloud Gaming Service

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Agent X

Google has contacted some existing and former Stadia Pro subscribers with an email offering a free 30-day membership to Stadia Pro. This may be a way for Google to gain back some users that dropped their Stadia Pro subscriptions. If you receive this email, then you have until January 15, 2022 to redeem the offer. Also, you cannot transfer this code to another person (only the actual recipient can redeem it). See the following article for more information:

As a former subscriber myself, I received this offer a few days ago. I'll be rejoining the Stadia Pro camp soon, at least for a little while!

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Google has contacted some existing and former Stadia Pro subscribers with an email offering a free 30-day membership to Stadia Pro. This may be a way for Google to gain back some users that dropped their Stadia Pro subscriptions. If you receive this email, then you have until January 15, 2022 to redeem the offer. Also, you cannot transfer this code to another person (only the actual recipient can redeem it). See the following article for more information:

As a former subscriber myself, I received this offer a few days ago. I'll be rejoining the Stadia Pro camp soon, at least for a little while!
Google is probably making more with the Pro but i find the free tier much more satisfying.

Maybe they should propose a third option or something, i don't know. (netflix style sub ? budget 5 bucks sub for families).

15 bucks/10 bucks for Gamepass ultimate and Stadia are way too expensive IMO.

Agent X

Maybe they should propose a third option or something, i don't know. (netflix style sub ? budget 5 bucks sub for families).

15 bucks/10 bucks for Gamepass ultimate and Stadia are way too expensive IMO.

I agree, the fees for these services are rather high.

Luna has the Family Channel for $2.99 a month, which we discussed earlier in this thread (posts #153 to #158). That's a great deal (at least for now), although it also raises the possibility that the future of the service might continue to piece out the games into several groups, each with their own separate fee.

Going back to Stadia, I feel that in order for Stadia Pro to have prolonged success, they need to grow the Stadia Pro "library" substantially. They've got around 50 games available to new members now, which is great compared to the early days of the service, but I still believe they need to get this over 100 games so they can present this like a PlayStation Now or Xbox Game Pass package.

I saw an article earlier, which stated the full list of currently available Stadia Pro games; I'll try to dig it up and post it here. It's actually a good batch of games, but it still falls short of what Sony and Microsoft have accumulated for their respective services. I don't expect Google to get 400 or 800 games on Stadia Pro instantly, but getting the library over the 100-game hurdle would be a good start, especially if the games are varied and of generally high quality.

The Luna+ channel on Luna might have over 100 games now, but I'll have to check this. It had over 90 games in September (again, see our earlier discussion), and I know Amazon has added several games since that time. Keep in mind that this is only $5.99 a month. This is what Stadia Pro should aim to compete with. Luna could be kicking all kinds of tail if Amazon would just market it better, and also improve a few of its shortcomings.

Agent X

Here is a recent article that lists the new games coming to Stadia Pro in January 2022, along with the complete list of Stadia Pro games:

First, let's run down the new additions, which you can also find in the Stadia community blog post from December 21, 2021:

• Darksiders III
  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  • Shantae: Risky’s Revenge – Director’s Cut
  • Darkside Detective: A Fumble in the Dark
  • DreamWorks Dragons: Dawn of the New Riders

Whoa, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night! That's a great one right there. It's been on Luna for a while, and I've enjoyed playing it there, but I feel like I'd rather play it on Stadia (for various reasons, mostly having to do with Luna's shortcomings). This is one particular game that I had been wishing would come to PlayStation Now, but no such luck yet. Hey, Sony, how about it?

Overall, I'd say this is a relatively strong month for Stadia Pro.

From the 9to5Google article, here's the full list of Stadia Pro games that will be available to members in January 2022 (45 games in all):

• MotoGP20
  • Wave Break
  • HITMAN – The Complete First Season
  • République
  • Cake Bash
  • Little Big Workshop
  • Figment
  • Destroy All Humans!
  • Cthulhu Saves Christmas
  • Journey to the Savage Planet
  • Epistory – Typing Chronicles
  • Crayta: Premium Edition
  • PixelJunk Raiders
  • AVICII Invector
  • It Came From Space And Ate Our Brains
  • Terraria
  • DIRT 5
  • Killer Queen Black
  • Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince
  • Kemono Heroes
  • Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III
  • The Darkside Detective
  • FLOOR KIDS
  • Legend of Keepers: Career of a Dungeon Manager
  • Street Power Football
  • Hundred Days – Winemaking Simulator
  • Blue Fire
  • Moonlighter
  • Control Ultimate Edition
  • GRIME
  • Foreclosed
  • PAW Patrol Mighty Pups Save Adventure Bay
  • ARK: Survival Evolved
  • DreamWorks Spirit Lucky’s Big Adventure
  • Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition
  • Mafia III: Definitive Edition
  • Unto the End
  • The Falconeer: Warrior Edition
  • Hello Engineer
  • Saints Row IV: Re-Elected
  • Wavetale
  • TRANSFORMERS: BATTLEGROUNDS
  • Wreckfest
  • Darksiders 3
  • Bloodstained
  • Shantae: Risky’s Revenge
  • Darkside Detective: A Fumble in the Dark
  • DreamWorks Dragons: Dawn of the New Riders

There are several very good (even great) games in that list. At the same time, there's also a fair amount of overlap with several other game subscription services. It's really up to the individual to decide whether this is worth $9.99 a month, but that decision could be influenced by whatever other services he has access to.

Last edited:

Agent X

Here are some quick recommendations for games that I've recently enjoyed on streaming game services.

Chorus on Luna
This is a recently released space combat game, which debuted on Luna on the same day that it was released for several other platforms (December 3, 2021). The game is easy to grasp, and features sharp visuals and responsive controls. Here's a recent thread on NeoGAF about the game.

Mafia: Definitive Edition on PlayStation Now
I've never played the original Mafia, but I'm digging this newly jazzed-up remake. This action-adventure will take you back to the 1930s, with a great story, interesting characters, and sights and sounds that are appropriate to the period. Take a look at this recent NeoGAF thread about the game.

Fat Frog

With upcoming click to play (the leathal weapon), LG and Samsung TV integration, it seems Stadia is given a second chance.

Agent X

Here are some highlights from the Luna blog post from January 6.

First, the blog post starts off with a recap of the games added in December:

• Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion (Family Channel)
  • Chorus (Luna+)
  • Devil May Cry 5 (Luna+)
  • Disc Room (Luna+)
  • DreamWorks Spirit: Lucky’s Big Adventure (Family Channel)
  • Judgment (Luna+)
  • Katana ZERO (Luna+)
  • Myst (Luna+)
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon (Luna+)

Next, they announce new games that will be coming to Luna in January:

• Kine (Family Channel)
  • MONOPOLY Madness (Ubisoft+ Channel)
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction (Ubisoft+ Channel)

The blog post also describes these three games in more detail.

Going back to the December additions, I've tried a few of them myself. As I said above in post #266, Chorus is definitely worth your time if you're craving an action-packed space combat game. Disc Room is a simple action game that can be enjoyed in short bursts, as described in this review of the PC version. Myst is the newest rendition of the game that was released on several platforms a few months ago, which is described on the official site.

January's group of games unfortunately doesn't have anything new for the Luna+ channel. Perhaps they might surprise us with something later in the month. Otherwise, I suppose we'll have to wait for February. I'd also like to know what's happening with the Retro Channel that they announced back in September.

Fat Frog

Brazilians will have excellent performances with Stadia:

(since Stadia servers are now in Sao Paulo, response time has been reduced from 80 ms to 20 ms... our children will have crazy low latency in the future)

Agent X

It looks like Amazon is making a big push with Luna, by allowing all Amazon Prime members to play a small group of Luna games for free. This is a great benefit for Amazon Prime members, as it enables them to test out the service without having to commit to a separate subscription.

Speaking of subscriptions, Amazon will increase the prices of Luna+ and Family Channel subscriptions starting on April 1. Luna+ will go from $5.99/month to $9.99/month, and Family Channel will go from $2.99/month to $5.99/month. As seen in this Luna blog post from March 1, 2022:

Existing early access customers and customers that sign up for Luna+ or Family Channel by March 31, 2022 can lock in founder pricing and keep Luna+ at $5.99 per month and Family Channel $2.99 per month for so long as they maintain their subscriptions in good standing. On April 1, starting a new subscription for Luna+ will cost $9.99 per month and Family Channel will cost $5.99 per month. The Retro Channel and Jackbox Games Channel are $4.99 each per month, and the Ubisoft+ Channel is $17.99 a month.

The bottom line is that if you've been considering a Luna+ or Family Channel subscription, then it would serve you well to jump on it before this month is over.

Fat Frog

It looks like Amazon is making a big push with Luna, by allowing all Amazon Prime members to play a small group of Luna games for free. This is a great benefit for Amazon Prime members, as it enables them to test out the service without having to commit to a separate subscription.

Speaking of subscriptions, Amazon will increase the prices of Luna+ and Family Channel subscriptions starting on April 1. Luna+ will go from $5.99/month to $9.99/month, and Family Channel will go from $2.99/month to $5.99/month. As seen in this Luna blog post from March 1, 2022:

The bottom line is that if you've been considering a Luna+ or Family Channel subscription, then it would serve you well to jump on it before this month is over.
Yeah, i usually don't like subs but Prime is a more than solid service: Delivering, music, PC games, and classic movies, TV shows. The Luna games are a great addition.

My problem with Netflix ? Too expensive (prices are rising for what ? Low cost mobile games ?) and hardcore woke propaganda: I have no problem with classic great movies like The secret of Brokeback Mountain (about homosexuality) but i don't like when i feel behind the curtain the pressure of lobbies on directors in every fiction...

Agent X

According to the Stadia community blog post from May 31, 2022, here are the new Stadia Pro games for June 2022:
  • Deliver Us the Moon
  • Lake
  • DEATHRUN TV
  • Through The Darkest of Times
  • Golf with Your Friends
  • TOHU
  • Ben 10: Power Trip

I noticed that Deliver Us the Moon was also announced for Stadia Pro back in April, so I don't know what happened there. (I haven't been a Stadia Pro member during the last few months, so I couldn't go on there to check for myself.)

According to the Luna blog post from May 26, 2022, here are the new games coming to Luna in June 2022:
  • Resident Evil 2 (Luna+)
  • Resident Evil 3 (Luna+)
  • Samurai Warriors 5 (Luna+)
  • Mega Man Legacy Collection (Retro Channel)
  • Riptide GP: Renegade (Family Channel)

The following five games will also be available on the Prime Gaming Channel during the month of June:
  • Far Cry 4
  • Bloodrayne 2: Terminal Cut
  • Beach Buggy Racing 2: Hot Wheels Edition
  • Lumines Remastered
  • Moving Out

Fat Frog

According to the Stadia community blog post from May 31, 2022, here are the new Stadia Pro games for June 2022:
  • Deliver Us the Moon
  • Lake
  • DEATHRUN TV
  • Through The Darkest of Times
  • Golf with Your Friends
  • TOHU
  • Ben 10: Power Trip

I noticed that Deliver Us the Moon was also announced for Stadia Pro back in April, so I don't know what happened there. (I haven't been a Stadia Pro member during the last few months, so I couldn't go on there to check for myself.)

According to the Luna blog post from May 26, 2022, here are the new games coming to Luna in June 2022:
  • Resident Evil 2 (Luna+)
  • Resident Evil 3 (Luna+)
  • Samurai Warriors 5 (Luna+)
  • Mega Man Legacy Collection (Retro Channel)
  • Riptide GP: Renegade (Family Channel)

The following five games will also be available on the Prime Gaming Channel during the month of June:
  • Far Cry 4
  • Bloodrayne 2: Terminal Cut
  • Beach Buggy Racing 2: Hot Wheels Edition
  • Lumines Remastered
  • Moving Out
2 bad news for cloud gaming nonetheless.
Madden 23 won't come to Stadia and GOW will be removed from GFN. (Maybe a good news for PS Now then ?)

2022 is pretty weak so far IMO, except maybe for Luna. (free cloud games on Prime, Lost Judgment...)

Fat Frog

The UK's Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) carried out an investigation into various antitrust complaints against both Apple and Google, and has today announced its findings. It says both companies restrict competition.

The study found that Apple and Google have an effective duopoly on mobile ecosystems that allows them to exercise a stranglehold over these markets, which include operating systems, app stores and web browsers on mobile devices.

Without interventions, both companies are likely to maintain, and even strengthen, their grip over the sector, further restricting competition and limiting incentives for innovators.

The CMA concluded that Apple's exclusion of cloud gaming services harms both developers and consumers.

Apple has blocked the emergence of cloud gaming services on its App Store. Like web apps, cloud gaming services are a developing innovation, providing mobile access to high-quality games that can be streamed rather than individually downloaded.

Gaming apps are a key source of revenue for Apple and cloud gaming could pose a real threat to Apple's strong position in app distribution.

By preventing this sector from growing, Apple risks causing mobile users to miss out on the full benefits of cloud gaming.

Agent X

Atari is celebrating their 50th anniversary today, and has announced that they are bringing five of their game to Stadia.

Fans of their arcade classics can rejoice and look forward to diving back into four remastered and updated titles – Centipede: Recharged, Black Widow: Recharged, Asteroids: Recharged, and Breakout: Recharged. Plus, a new brain-bending puzzle platformer Kombinera will offer a fresh challenge for players looking to test their skills.

Centipede: Recharged will be released on Stadia on Friday, July 1, and will also be one of July's Stadia Pro games. The remaining games will be released throughout the rest of this year.

More information can be found at the following post from the Stadia community blog:

https://community.stadia.com/t5/Sta...ri-to-launch-Centipede-Black-Widow/ba-p/80359

Top Bottom