• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[CNet] Spotify raises price on US family premium plan, more plans in UK, Europe

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

In the US, premium family plans are the only ones getting pricier, increasing $1 a month to $16 as of Friday. People currently subscribed to a family premium plan may get one additional month at the current $15 price before the increase goes into effect for their June billing cycle.

In the UK, Spotify is raising the cost of its student, duo and family plans, with other plans going up in price in European countries as well. According to reports, prices are increasing by 1 to 2 British pounds and 1 to 3 euros per month, depending on the plan.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Is that included with Prime membership or do I need to pay extra?
Included. but there is another version you can pay more for (I Don't). Basically anything new in behind the extra pay wall. But I have never had an issue with using the Prime version for what is essentially streaming radio.

teezzy

Banned
Included. but there is another version you can pay more for (I Don't). Basically anything new in behind the extra pay wall. But I have never had an issue with using the Prime version for what is essentially streaming radio.

I wonder how well it would work with my Google Homes...

🤔

Jaysen

Banned
AM would be an option if they were available on my PS5. And if their apps weren’t so horrible.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont listen to enough music to make me inclined to pay for a music sub plan. Maybe I'm missing out on tons of content, but when I listen to music I just listen to online radio stations (real stations) or any of the million free online stations.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
I mostly listen to bands that I can buy their music on Bandcamp, or similar, then just use subsonic to stream. The freedom of self-hosting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom