• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coachella East? Music Festival organizers announce 'Panorama' 7/22-24 Randalls Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

aparisi2274

Just saw this come across on ew.com.

Coachella East? Goldenvoice hopes so. The concert organizers and producers behind the California music festival announced Panorama, a music festival to take place July 22 to 24 in New York City’s Randall’s Island Park.

“We look forward to bringing Panorama to New York City and introducing a new festival that showcases today’s top music acts,” said Goldenvoice Festival Producer Mark Shulman in a statement. “We’re committed to creating an event that will provide significant benefits to New York City with the level of experience and meticulous attention to detail for which Goldenvoice is known.”

The inaugural festival vows to feature premier musical performances, art installations, and highlight the city’s food scene. The name of the festival references the Panorama of the City of New York, a 10,000 square-foot to-scale model of the city, hosted at the Queens Museum.

Panorama will be the second major music festival in NYC. Governors Ball comes back for its sixth year in the beginning of June. Kanye West, The Killers, and The Strokes are headlining.

Goldenvoice reiterated its support for Queens and the communities of Flushing Meadows-Corona Park. “Goldenvoice has received tremendous support from the local community and elected officials who recognize the immense economic benefits these types of events deliver to their businesses and constituents,” Shulman said in a statement. “We look forward to continuing our discussions with NYC Parks to create an event to take place in Queens in the future.”

As for Goldenvoice’s golden goose, Coachella features the reuniting of both Guns N’ Roses and LCD Soundsystem, in addition to Calvin Harris. The desert festival set in Indio, California runs two weekends: April 15 to 17, and April 22 to 24.

Ticket info and lineups are not available yet for Panorama.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/11/coachalla-organizers-goldenvoice-panorama-nyc

I really hope they put together a good lineup.... I would definitely attend...

I just saw an article about this. It's pretty interesting, having another festival at Randall's a month after the Governor's Ball. I think it'll work if GV can get a really great lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom