• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD Vanguard is releasing soon, what field of view will you be using?

What field of view will you be using?

• Default (70)

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • 71-80

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 81-90

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • 91-100

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • 100-110

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • 110-125

Votes: 14 17.5%

• Total voters
Call of Duty Vanguard is releasing soon and one of the better features to be introduced starting in Cold War across all platforms was the field of view slider.

In simplest terms for non PC gamers, it allows you to widen your field of view. A less claustrophobic feeling in first person shooters. It also has an added effect of giving the illusion that you’re moving faster than your game character actually is. For me that’s a huge bonus as it makes it much more enjoyable experience.

I myself have settled on 105 on consoles but mileage may vary for others.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I don't know, Dad.
V2EZ7Iz.png

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I've never changed the FOV in any shooter game. For COD, even the aim sensitivity (I think it defaults at 3), I just leave it as is.

twilo99

I've been using 103-105 since Quake 2 and it seems to work very well across the board. I play warzone at 103

Jigsaah

Gold Member
FPS games I always go with 103 fov. I think that's the default for games like Valorant so I tend to stick with that. For COD I'm 600 dpi 4.5 sens

Last edited:

Banned
0, not playing that trash

in good games I usually go with 120 when possible, or whatever is the max setting if it's below 120

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
4:3 or 16:9?
You need to create threads for all of those.

Thanks for your FOV settings guys. I've never done them. I'll check out the 90-100 range most of you do.
The FOV is really tied to your screen (22"/24"/27" etc...) and your aspect ratio. So if you apply a wrong setting to your screen it will look bad.
Too low and your FOV will be zoomed. Too high it will be super stretched and look ugly:

unknown.png

So don't follow anything but rather try to adjust it to your own taste, it's super quick to try different FOV in-game.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
You need to create threads for all of those.

The FOV is really tied to your screen (22"/24"/27" etc...) and your aspect ratio. So if you apply a wrong setting to your screen it will look bad.
Too low and your FOV will be zoomed. Too high it will be super stretched and look ugly:

unknown.png

So don't follow anything but rather try to adjust it to your own taste, it's super quick to try different FOV in-game.
Got a 65" TV.

Been playing most of the afternoon on Xbox. 90 FoV for me personally. Oh and the game is fantastic, very much exactly what I was hoping it would be.

recursive

With controller I like 90. With keyboard and mouse normally 95. Probably has something to also do with the fact that controller is on a TV seated further away vs keyboard and mouse is on a monitor relatively close. So close I have to wipe my sweat off it while I enjoy SBMM.

Top Bottom