• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD Vanguard seems to sort of not be a cross-gen game, strangely enough. The last gen version looks awful.

When people are getting upset about games being cross gen these days, it seems the thought is that the old consoles are holding back the new games, because the developer needs to pay too much attention to the last gen version. So the new game looks just like the old game, but it's maybe 4K, or has a better frame rate, or faster loading times, but otherwise the games look the same.

Well none of that seems to be true for the new COD game, because at least in the beta, it looks awful on last gen consoles. It seems that the full attention of the developer was paid to current gen consoles, for whatever that's worth.

Last edited:

pratyush

Shooting is an issue on PS 5 as well that it gets little blurry due to insane amount of smoke that gets generated. I had seen some YouTubers complain the same. It will be fixed mostly.

And looking at his video, his rant doesn't really match. It doesn't look that bad

SJRB

Gold Member
Holy shit that video. That blur has to be a bug, right?

I mean, the game literally looks unfinished. The muddy textures, the super low-res visuals. Look at the trees, half the leaves are blowing in the wind and the other half do nothing.

bighugeguns

I'm playing it right now on PS4, my dudes, this thing runs like it's running on Switch handheld mode. Nice game, but holy sheeeeeiiit they need to optimize the thing on PS4 ASAP.

Ceadeus

Compare Ghost to Vanguard then try asking you why, it runs like this.

There was no way ancient console would run this kind of graphical fidelity.

This always happens to cod right before they drop old console support.

They'd rather bastardize the game to get it running on last gen instead of trying their best and they can get away with it.

Ceadeus

MW2019 and Warzone looks and runs great. Also why do you write like a sentient smart watch?
I don't know what you mean by sentient smart watch. The run great but the maps have way less particle affects , at least from what I've seen.

They might optimises it by the time it releases.

jigglet

Banned
It's no different from COD Ghosts.

The one before it (BO2) had stunning graphics.

Then Ghosts was the first cross gen game and it looked like ass on last gen.

Did this dude just wake up from a time capsule almost every COD since ghost has the blurry effect on console warzone doesnt even spawn thing in correctly do to how the engine loads things in. Low fps is because the maps are filled with foliage the reason why cold war doesnt have that problem is because most maps are in locations with a bunch of builds or are built in tiny closed off locations. Every cod game that has any sort of heavy foliage, lighting, destruction, huge draw distances will always tank the fps. Half of the reason why most of the maps in modern warfare are in closed off office builds or empty shopping stores is to keep the FPS as high as possible.

Top Bottom