• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin Moriarty claims, "You haven't seen the last of Bloodborne"

Topher

Gold Member
Game sold 2 million copies and Demons Souls remake sold even worse. It was never getting remade.

What were you people smoking that you thought this was some relevant IP?

Bloodborne sold two million as of 2015. Safe to say it sold a lot more than that in the last 7 years. And considering the success of the Dark Souls franchise and the fact that a remaster or remade Bloodborne would probably also come to PC where millions of fans have been begging for it for some time......yeah, I'd say you are underestimating its relevance.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Aye, sales are one thing, the amount of people who actually played the game via 2nd hand copies and PS+ / Now and who might want a remake/remaster/sequel is another. You have to remember that there were only something like 1/4 of PS4s in the wild when Bloodborne initially released.

Not saying it'd set the world on fire but stuff has been done for far less of a reason before.

dotnotbot

Any time now.

vI08whR.png
Succeded in my heart.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Bloodborne sold two million as of 2015. Safe to say it sold a lot more than that in the last 7 years. And considering the success of the Dark Souls franchise and the fact that a remaster or remade Bloodborne would probably also come to PC where millions of fans have been begging for it for some time......yeah, I'd say you are underestimating its relevance.

Splinter Cell Blacklist sold 2+ million at launch. I'm sure it sold a ton after that as well. Here's what the Splinter Cell franchise has been doing since then...

desert-tumbleweed.gif

Games are more expensive to make than ever. No AAA developer is frothing at the mouth to sell another 2 million copies of something.

Topher

Gold Member
Splinter Cell Blacklist sold 2+ million at launch. I'm sure it sold a ton after that as well. Here's what the Splinter Cell franchise has been doing since then...

desert-tumbleweed.gif

Games are more expensive to make than ever. No AAA developer is frothing at the mouth to sell another 2 million copies of something.

Why are you under the impression SoulsBorne is comparable to Splinter Cell? The Dark Souls franchise went over 27 million in sales in 2020. Dark Souls 3 sold 10 million alone.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Why are you under the impression SoulsBorne is comparable to Splinter Cell? The Dark Souls franchise went over 27 million in sales in 2020. Dark Souls 3 sold 10 million alone.

As of 2008, the Splinter Cell franchise sold 20 million copies. Then they released Conviction, The HD Trilogy Collection, and Blacklist, so the franchises are very comparable.

The original Splinter Cell game sold 6+ million copies, has the potential for multiplayer and microtransactions, and is supposedly only now being greenlit as a remake.

Why are you under the impression Bloodborne is comparable to Splinter Cell?

Topher

Gold Member
As of 2008, the Splinter Cell franchise sold 20 million copies. Then they released Conviction, The HD Trilogy Collection, and Blacklist, so the franchises are very comparable.

The original Splinter Cell game sold 6+ million copies, has the potential for multiplayer and microtransactions, and is supposedly only now being greenlit as a remake.

Why are you under the impression Bloodborne is comparable to Splinter Cell?

Ok...you are right that as a franchise they are comparable saleswise. But I'm not comparing Bloodborne to Splinter Cell. I'm comparing Bloodborne to Dark Souls games and the success it has had. Souls games on PC have been very successful and there is no reason to believe that a Bloodborne port wouldn't continue the success other From games on PC have had.

Last edited:

Shifty1897

It's just refreshing to be part of a forum where we're allowed to acknowledge Colin exists, and discuss what he says on his podcast. So, GAF, thank you! :)
It seems like such a low bar to set, yet here we are!

I like to think REEE are all just Harry Potter LARPers and Colin is Voldemort.
Edit: Dammit beaten with the Voldemort joke.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
You have to say that you like it first before giving your opinion so that the fanbois don't burn you alive for it.
I adore it, given that I consider Souls gameplay so-so (let's be honest, it's janky AF) what matters is the world building and Bloodborne is 10/10.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I will not buy a bloodborne sequel or prequel game made by BluePoint. That’s just dumb and makes no sense.
I completely agree, BluePoint did nothing to prove they can properly make their own game let alone sequel to FROM game. But there are people here actually believe if they can make high tech graphics, that means they are good game
designers.

If FROM themselves are not interested making sequel to Bloodborne then I rather they leave it alone.....not every game needs sequel just because its popular.

Last edited:
I completely agree, BluePoint did nothing to prove they can properly make their own game let alone sequel to FROM game. But there are people here actually believe if they can make high tech graphics, that means they are good game designers.
at least it would look and perform better, those two points alone make Elden Ring (or any FROM game) an 8/10 at most.

Danjin44

at least it would look and perform better, those two points alone make Elden Ring (or any FROM game) an 8/10 at most.
FUCK That! I are fucking kidding me!!? they should get 8/10 over fucking graphics!?
giphy.gif

I take FROM's imperfect graphics over most AAA games with high tech graphics.

Last edited:
FUCK That! I are fucking kidding me!!? they should get 8/10 over fucking graphics!?
giphy.gif

I take FROM's imperfect graphics over most AAA games with high-tech graphics.
objectively speaking.

if it performs poorly, it should be penalized.

if their "Game Design" involves the player dying, but loading times take minutes....that is a pretty bad desing flaw.

Pejo

objectively speaking.

if their "Game Design" involves the player dying, but loading times take minutes....that is a pretty bad desing flaw.
I've never seen such a set up for a 'git gud' reply in all my posting days.

Danjin44

objectively speaking.

I'm not obsessive over graphics and performance, even with frame pacing issues I still had a blast with Bloodborne.

Meanwhile most Bluepoint experience is graphic touch up in existing games, I have no desire for them make sequel to FROM games...at all.

And frankly I'm not at all the fan of design changes BluePoints made with Demons Souls visuals and I'm not the only one.

I'm not obsessive over graphics and performance, even with frame pacing issues I still had a blast with Bloodborne.

Meanwhile most Bluepoint experience is graphic touch up in existing games, I have no desire for them make sequel to FROM games...at all.

And frankly I'm not at all the fan of design changes BluePoints made with Demons Souls visuals and I'm not the only one.

you could say From's games are "holistically" 10/10. and I would agree.

i am just pointing out that even "gods" have flaws.

Danjin44

you could say From's games are "holistically" 10/10. and I would agree.

i am just pointing out that even "gods" have flaws.
I'm not saying they dont have flaws, they surly do but their game is fun enough and their art direction beautiful enough that dont mind those flaws.

EDMIX

BluePoint did nothing to prove they can properly make their own game

smh, with all do respect man, you don't fucking work for that team and you don't own Sony to know what they know regarding the work they saw they put into that game to be the judge of that. If Sony bought this team after that remake and the team has announced they are making a game on their own, that sounds to me like they've proven they can do that just fine.

I get you fan for Fromsoft hard and shit, but relax on this constant disrespect just cause you like another team.

Reactions: Rea

Danjin44

smh, with all do respect man, you don't fucking work for that team and you don't own Sony to know what they know regarding the work they saw they put into that game to be the judge of that. If Sony bought this team after that remake and the team has announced they are making a game on their own, that sounds to me like they've proven they can do that just fine.

I get you fan for Fromsoft hard and shit, but relax on this constant disrespect just cause you like another team.
I simply don’t have faith in BluePoint, they did nothing to prove me that, meanwhile FROM did exactly that consistently. You can call it “disrespect” but I can’t change how I feel.

You have faith in BluePoint more power to you but I’m sorry I just don’t.

Last edited:

EDMIX

I simply don’t have faith in BluePoint, they did nothing to prove me that

They don't need to prove anything to Dan from NeoGaf. The company that purchased them and funds their games has seen enough evidence ie more then you, to decide they can make their own title.

meanwhile FROM did

and? What does that have to do with Bluepoints ability to make a game on their own going forward? They made games BEFORE doing remasters and remakes for other companies prior to getting purchased by Sony.

This isn't their first rodeo.

I get you like the fucking team man, but enough of this wild disrespect for other teams, just cause you like another team...

I like both developer and think they both do great work based on their expertise, but shit even if I didn't like one of em, I don't just pretend they NEED TO PROVE they can make a game. Its just silly and exaggerative.

Not everything needs to be some childish either or, combative, fight to the death thing.

They both can make games.

You are free to like either title, but stop with this weird exaggerative shit of acting like they MUST prove to you they can develop games.

They are the proven developer funded by Sony.

You are the member on NeoGaf fanning over Japanese rpgs lol I'm 99.9% sure that team probably can make games bud.

Danjin44

They don't need to prove anything to Dan from NeoGaf. The company that purchased them and funds their games has seen enough evidence ie more then you, to decide they can make their own title.

and? What does that have to do with Bluepoints ability to make a game on their own going forward? They made games BEFORE doing remasters and remakes for other companies prior to getting purchased by Sony.

This isn't their first rodeo.

I get you like the fucking team man, but enough of this wild disrespect for other teams, just cause you like another team...

I like both developer and think they both do great work based on their expertise, but shit even if I didn't like one of em, I don't just pretend they NEED TO PROVE they can make a game. Its just silly and exaggerative.

Not everything needs to be some childish either or, combative, fight to the death thing.

They both can make games.

You are free to like either title, but stop with this weird exaggerative shit of acting like they MUST prove to you they can develop games.

They are the proven developer funded by Sony.

You are the member on NeoGaf fanning over Japanese rpgs lol I'm 99.9% sure that team probably can make games bud.
Like it or not its my opinion, I just don’t trust BlulePoint, especially making sequel to Bloodborne? I ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I feel about BluePoint same way I feel about Guerrilla Games, I’m just not their biiggest fan.

EDMIX

Like it or not its my opinion, I just don’t trust BlulePoint, especially making sequel to Bloodborne? I ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I feel about BluePoint same way I feel about Guerrilla Games, I’m just not their biiggest fan.

What does this have to do with being their biggest fan or not? Holy shit, is this how you are determining if a team can make games or not? Based on fandom? smh

I just don't see what any of that has to do with the teams factual ability to create games. You don't need to like or love what they make, that is where an opinion might come on, but regardless if you are a fan or not, they have created games in the past and will continue to create games in the future.

That really isn't a "opinion" type thing, thats like me acting like some team at MS needs to PROVE TO ME that they can make a game (as if they haven't made games before) its beyond merely an opinion and starts to fall under a claim of sorts.

You don't need to like or be a "fan" of everything they make, but they are factually making something and have proven they can make things.

Shit, what are you telling me? Only the game developers you are the "biggest fan" of can create games and no one else? lol This is just too hyperbolic man lol

Top Bottom