• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin Moriarty has heard there will be another Playstation showcase later this year

Duchess

I think it's reasonable that Sony will be showing at least one new title at the Summer Games Fest, on 8th June.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I think they should have one every 6 months, but Im not in charge of a multi billion dollar company.

The expense and disruption to dev cycles makes this impractical. They don't make money directly from showcases and if the products included show poorly it can hurt their sales in the long-term.

The reality is that its a delicate balance, especially now that digital distribution is dominant is it really desirable to promote in an environment/format where announcements can get lost in the mix? Why not pick a time where audience attention is less divided? Its not like people only watch trailers on certain days of the year!

giphy.gif

Fbh

I think they should have one every 6 months, but Im not in charge of a multi billion dollar company.

After a year and a half since the last one they had almost nothing to show outside of CG trailers for GAAS crap.
The content if they made one every 6 months would be even poorer.

Top Bottom