• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Thread - "Whoa, Nellie"

Searched but did not find one.

Iowa State is in the Big 12 Championship. Rematch with my Sooners.
Coastal Carolina just beat BYU.
Northwestern is the West champ
Indiana keeps on trucking even after losing their QB.
A female kicked a ball and the World wept with joy.

2020 has not disappointed. Except for Texas, Michigan, Penn St, Nebraska, Wisconsin and LSU Fans.

There was a bright spot for Tennessee fans today.

rKCbWgj.jpg

Nice!

How can you not like Coastal Carolina. They even won a NCAA World Series a few years ago. The turf is a tad hard on the eyes. Just no a fan of colored turf.

Yeah the ripped off the shirts but still well done.

kMEwgqY.jpg

AP Poll

1​
Alabama​
9-0​
1​
1550 (62)​
2​
Notre Dame​
10-0​
2​
1482​
3​
Ohio State​
5-0​
3​
1407​
4​
Clemson​
9-1​
4​
1387​
5​
Texas A&M​
7-1​
5​
1274​
6​
Florida​
8-1​
6​
1233​
7​
Cincinnati​
8-0​
7​
1204​
8​
Indiana​
6-1​
10​
1047​
9​
Miami​
8-1​
9​
1039​
10​
Iowa State​
8-2​
12​
947​
11​
Coastal Carolina​
10-0​
14​
923​
12​
Georgia​
6-2​
11​
914​
13​
Oklahoma​
7-2​
13​
837​
14​
BYU​
9-1​
8​
713​
15​
Northwestern​
5-1​
16​
647​
16​
USC​
3-0​
17​
624​
17​
Louisiana​
9-1​
20​
560​
18​
Tulsa​
6-1​
22​
444​
19​
Iowa​
5-2​
24​
424​
20​
North Carolina​
7-3​
NEW
306​
21​
Colorado​
4-0​
NEW
253​
22​
Liberty​
9-1​
25​
191​
23​
Texas​
6-3​
NEW
164​
24​
Buffalo​
4-0​
NEW
145​
25​
Wisconsin​
2-2​
18​
115​

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
As a Sooner fan, we have pretty much defined "Blowing it" since the college playoffs began. Georgia on the other hand, it has been a lifestyle choice since the early 80's.
I mean we went and got blown out pretty hard. But what do you with Kelly at the helm?

diffusionx

Gold Member
This isn’t a real CFB season, change my mind.

I mean Wisconsin is in the top 25 at 2-2 in December, let’s get serious here.

Last edited:

CZY

Could it get any worse for Michigan?
Negative. Rock bottom. And funniest part, is it even a good job anymore? Yes they will pay but beyond that? What does that program have going for it? That they're not Michigan State? Debacle. Utter debacle.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
As a UF fan I look forward to playing LSU this week. I hope Bama just beat everything out of them. I do not look forward to playing Bama in the SEC championship. I don't think our Defense is ready.

CFP Rankings

Rank​
Team​
1​
Alabama​
2​
Notre Dame​
3​
Clemson​
4​
Ohio State​
5​
Texas A&M​
6​
Florida​
7​
Iowa State​
8​
Cincinnati​
9​
Georgia​
10​
Miami​
11​
Oklahoma​
12​
Indiana​
13​
Coastal Carolina​
14​
Northwestern​
15​
USC​
16​
Iowa​
17​
North Carolina​
18​
BYU​
19​
Louisiana​
20​
Texas​
21​
Colorado​
22​
Oklahoma State​
23​
NC State​
24​
Tulsa​
25​
Missouri​

Big coaching moves this week.

Auburn: Malzahn fired
Arizona: Sumlin fired
Illinois: Lovie fired
Vanderbilt: Notre Dame DC Lea hired

Gotta think Hugh Freeze will be Auburn's #1 target.

USC-Oregon game is entertaining despite being pretty sloppy. Feels like it's going to be a close finish.

Looking forward to the CCG matchups tomorrow. It's nice to have a good slate of games where both teams are equally motivated.

I think it'll be Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State and Notre Dame (in that order). Feels like Clemson vs. Bama V is inevitable.

Seeing as Alabama will crush whoever is at #4 (whether it's OSU, ND or A&M) I'd rather see the committee give it to Cincy. Do I think they're one of the Top 4 teams? No. But I know A&M and Notre Dame aren't in the same class with Bama and Clemson, respectively. I'd be okay with seeing someone else in there since the 1v4 semifinal is just a formality.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I hope Alabama skull fucks that shit ND team worse than Clemson did. I also hope Clemson is charged with murder against Ohio State. A&M got fucking screwed.

JBat

Highlight from the UF game.

Why did you have to remind me this game happened...I had to turn it off after the second possession. Still haven't figured out how "Beamer Ball" is superior to south Carolina's usual form of sucking

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Why did you have to remind me this game happened...I had to turn it off after the second possession. Still haven't figured out how "Beamer Ball" is superior to south Carolina's usual form of sucking
GO Gators!

I was glad to shove spencer Rattlers face in the dirt a bunch.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Also this.

JBat

Also this.

That would be funny if it weren't so embarrassing. At least Clemson is back to Clemsoning, A&M is a dumpster fire, and Kentucky has fallen apart.
When your team sucks you take joy from others suffering lol.
On an actual positive note Coastal Carolina is ranked so that's something

AJUMP23

Gold Member
AJUMP23 AJUMP23 you alright tonight brother?
I'm sitting here wondering how South Carolina is going to blow this game against Tennessee
I’m fine. Florida played an awful game. And the refs didn’t help. But that shouldn’t matter because beating Vandy shouldn’t be that difficult.

Team has a lot to grow.

JBat

Holy fucking shit! South Carolina didn't fuck it up! 63-38 over #5 Tennessee. Where the hell was this all season. *Sandstorm Intensifies*

Now to prepare myself for losing to Clemson

All hail the chaos that is college football!

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Holy fucking shit! South Carolina didn't fuck it up! 63-38 over #5 Tennessee. Where the hell was this all season. *Sandstorm Intensifies*

Now to prepare myself for losing to Clemson

All hail the chaos that is college football!
I don’t know how UT came in that flat.

JBat

I don’t know how UT came in that flat.
Me either. I didn't even plan on watching the game. We checked the score and just left it on when things didn't go bad.
Now interested to see if UCLA can get the win over southern Cal.

JBat

Me either. I didn't even plan on watching the game. We checked the score and just left it on when things didn't go bad.
Now interested to see if UCLA can get the win over southern Cal.
UCLA QB threw a pick as I posted! Lol
Edit: Sorry for quoting myself... Too much whiskey lol

Last edited:

JBat

South Carolina Gamecocks beat #8 Clemson 31-30 and break ever one of Clemson's streaks! Two wins over top ten teams in a row! I'm starting to believe in Beamer Ball. Feels good for your team to ruin the playoff hopes of two teams late in the season lol.
Sucks Coastal Carolina got blown out...
As of posting Texas a&m is 4 minutes away of upsetting #5 LSU

Let chaos reign!

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Sad news :messenger_crying:, he was the offensive coordinator at OU when I was there. Hilarious dude and great offensive mind.

One of my favorite stories was him leaking a fake scripted playbook to Texas before the Red River shootout lolol.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
In honor of getting the season kicked off. #Neverforget:

Also someone let me know if this isnt the thread anymore lol.

Last edited:

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Dude Im an Oklahoma fan our 2024 schedule is terrifying lol, but its going to make for some wild games. All this conference re-alignment is going to make for some absolutely bonkers weekly matchups.

I think we have:

- Alabama
- LSU
- South Carolina
- Tennessee
- Texas
- Auburn
- Ole Miss

When USC, Oregon and crew get to the Big 10... man thats going to be wild too

Top Bottom