• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comcast wants to merge with EA

It depends on the region. I have Cox in the US and I have no data caps for 1.25Gb/750Mb. But I'm in an area without a monopoly or monopsony. A lot of the less dense areas aren't as lucky and are unfortunately at the mercy of whoever is willing to monetize their infrastructure.

Data cap loser here. 1.28 TB monthly cap, else you pay more for more data. Not a big deal with how I use data, but it can be annoying to know it's there.

Thankfully a new company will be installing in our area very soon; if I switch it'll actually be for network latency and stability reasons if anything, because otherwise their bandwidth and pricing options look somewhat similar. If they have no data cap though, that will be another big perk*

*And I mean REAL no data cap; not "we give you this bandwidth as long as you don't go over this threshold, else we throttle you once you do but won't charge you extra for doing so!".

Just downloaded 1.3 TB in a day (work video data) because it was the easier option as opposed to finding storage and copying it over.
Not to mention that data caps are arbitrary - you're already capped in speed, so why add a transfer limit on top of that?
Bollocks to data caps, even my shithole with 2 competing ISPs at any given location doesn't have them.

You guys must get a kick knowing how jealous Americans are with your internet plans, huh? 😂

Because things don't fall from sky's.
Look at Sony pre ps3. Their studio's clicked during the ps3 era, and flourished more during ps4.

2023-2024 would be the test for MS, if their studio's can deliver what they are promised to deliver. Because that is enough time for their studio's to have something by that time.

I agree with the last part (more or less). It did take Sony's teams some time to finally "get it" with PS3, but outside of that though their teams were always at least decently consistent, even going back to PS1.

Arc the Lad, Wild Arms, Parappa, Tomba!, Gran Turismo, Jak & Daxter, Crash, Sly Cooper, God of War, Ico etc. Their 1P offerings were generally pretty strong outside of the early PS3 era, where I think both transition to HD dev and getting an understanding on PS3 architecture were the main culprits.

I don't think Xbox Series has those same factors, though. There's nothing inherently special about Xbox Series architecture-wise that'll unlock some hidden potential once "mastered", and there's been no big shift in the industry like going from 2D to 3D, or from SD to HD era transitions. If there's anything therefore impacting the timescale for some of these long-in-dev Xbox 1P games to come about, it might just be with management issues within the division itself.

Guess we'll see, soon.

Amin_Parker

In case Microsoft is unable to buy ea I would like to see apple do it. This way it could give Apple a stronger foothold in the industry. And who knows maybe they will make their own console or just use EA to empower apples subscription service

Top Bottom