• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Come take a look at these early prototypes of Horizon Zero Dawn

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
YouTube’s ‘Nixian’ has shared two videos showcasing the evolution of Horizon Zero Dawn. These videos feature every build of the game, from its 2011/2012 prototypes to its final version

1642578061_866_Top-10-tua-game-nhap-vai-co-do-hoa-dep.jpg

There is something truly mesmerizing watching the prototype versions of games that are already out. Moreover, it can give you a glimpse of a game’s development (and its changes) throughout the years.
As we can clearly see, Aloy had a completely different character model at the beginning. Not only that, but there were some features in the prototype builds that did not were canned.

Tschumi

But she is redheaded even in those preliminary models.
I'm not dissing it, I'm just saying he hair is a lot bigger and more dense in the earlier versions, i guess they brought her model back a bit towards realism when they decided to use facial capture, it still works but i assume it was so big in the first designs so it would blend into that grass, yeah

Gojiira

Cant believe at one point she had not only a cute model but also a cute sounding voice. Sigh.
Also huge shame the Monster Hunter style weapons never made it past concept art

Top Bottom